• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno why this sounds fishy to people. I work in a publicly traded company and we have our internal sales meeting the night before (as in after the market closes) it's publicly revealed the next morning, and even then I don't think it's a full disclosure of our financials

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So GI continue their trend to be the good PR of CD Project. That's really bad...

Am I looking through rose tinted glasses when I say the quality of Resetera discussion used to be higher than GameFaqs conspiracies?

Facts are not "PR" simply because they prove things aren't as simple as we first think.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
I work in the entertainment industry, one of biggest in north america.
Learning things off Twitter is very much standard.
I got a call from the VP in Mai telling me I wasn't losing my job after reading it in the news 4 hours earlier. Hundreds of people lost their job, I didn't.

I remember being in a team meeting on cam and speculating who was going to lose their jobs after seeing the news.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, not surprised there are some people on here that don't understand why they need to do things this way.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Their employees are already under nda. If they weren't they would just upload the whole game to the internet. They should have just said they were worried about leaks.
People get shares or share options with their contracts all the time. It doesn't matter if they are NDA'd or not. If some acts on this news before it is public the person sharing it (presumable the CEO or board) would get charge for trading insider information.

I hear insider information pretty much everyday, have signed multiple NDAs with each of our customers and am still not allowed to trade shares in my industry because it would open me up to insider trading charges.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
i dont see anything that contradicts bloomberg's reporting on cdpr? she confirms what schreier reported yesterday about the internal email and provides some more detail about one of the developer reactions to the delay.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
not everything is a conspiracy folks. this is game informer reporting news. this is liana ruppet doing her job. chill out. i never knew this so i'm glad it's being reported. sounds wild.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Between all this news for Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 project leads mass exodus and Halo Infinite dev issues and staff turnover, there's been a lot of bad news for these games lately. I feel for the devs in these circumstances.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand this reaction:
there was laughter and tears from the team because they are excited for people to play their game that has been years in the making, and the delay came out of nowhere and pushes back that experience for all.

I'm confused by the laughing, unless it was like stunned, disbelief laugher.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
It's still a questionable look when the author of the article was defending their crunch practices previously and went after Jason on Twitter, acting as if GI were victims because he responded to what they said about his report on the game.

but they are literally reporting the law.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
That's fucking nuts. I feel awful for the employees. They see the light at the end of the tunnel after months of crunching, and then they suddenly get hit with more crunch.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You think a public company doesn't already have an NDA against sharing company information and insider trading at the time they make an offer to an employee?

Are you skip reading the thread or just intentionally ignoring posters who deal with this stuff in their jobs, sharing their experiences here? Telling that they signed piles of NDAs and still aren't told everything or forbidden from trading stocks.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i wanna see some of that current gen footage. must've been SUUUUUUPER rough

and i don't think a 3 week delay will really change all that much.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think a public company doesn't already have an NDA against sharing company information and insider trading at the time they make an offer to an employee?

How do you ask this question from a point implying that there are almost always multiple NDAs being signed within game development to cover everything.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have stock options and are public then then yes , you have say it together at the same time

GI is totally correct

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Are you skip reading the thread or just intentionally ignoring posters who deal with this stuff in their jobs, sharing their experiences here? Telling that they signed piles of NDAs and still aren't told everything or forbidden from trading stocks.
No, I'm talking about CDPR and the excuse they gave to their mouthpiece at GI.

"According to Polish labor laws, leadership was not legally allowed to tell the whole team, due to its size of over 1,000 employees, without each individual signing a non-disclosure agreement."

They implied that they would have had to send out and sign ndas with their employees to share this information with them which is not true and doesn't make sense.

How do you ask this question from a point implying that there are almost always multiple NDAs being signed within game development to cover everything.
So what was your point?

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020

"According to Polish labor laws, leadership was not legally allowed to tell the whole team, due to its size of over 1,000 employees, without each individual signing a non-disclosure agreement."

They implied that they would have had to send out and sign ndas with their employees to share this information with them which is not true and doesn't make sense.

So what was your point?

so shes now a mouth piece for CDPR because she posted information that differed from Jason? Fucking embarrassing man.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Hostility

So what was your point?

Do you use the biological optical devices in your skull for their intended use or do you just type responses?

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Ok, reading that it does actually make sense.

As for it being 'a bad look'... I honestly am not even sure what that means. It's not suspect information, it's just... the law. There's nothing to drag them on here.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
It's possible to both understand that she is reporting on the law and believe that someone who downplayed crunch and defended CDPR previously on an unprofessional level should not be the one reporting on it.

Why is the second part relevant to the discussion other than trying to downplay this story by attacking her and not the story itself.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of the WD1 delay and how Yannis Malait (sp?) was charged with insider trading. The crunch is another issue but this seems pretty standard practice. I've been in this situation before and haven't found out about delays until the day the press and public do, since I'm not a C-suite exec or director.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
"One developer (who wishes to remain anonymous) told me – and I later confirmed with the PR team – that "about 90 percent of the studio didn't know about this," and that there was laughter and tears because they are excited for people to play their game that has been years in the making."

yes, I'm sure that's why there were tears, nothing to see here folks!