• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, I didn't care for Mahiru when I played DR2, but between the Wendy's jokes and the "What the heck is going on here," she's really grown on me.

Honestly, between Pantsu Hunter and Danganronpa, the "What the heck is going on here," bit always just kills me.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I usually remember Mahiru when I think about DR2 (FOR SPOILER REASONS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN SHOWN ON GRUMPS YET) because when I randomly recall tidbits like Twilight Syndrome Murder Case I go "wait, what the heck was going on there?" and try to remember the ridiculous details and timeline of events. It is a curse.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I tried watching the Project Zomboid one and man I just don't think grumps are really for me anymore. I can see why they largely stick to very simple games these days like VNs and party games. It's not fun and frustrating to watch Arin get confused and blame the game for his not understanding, and in his defense project zomboid is a pretty complicated game, but with Arin he just gets mad because he doesn't understand and never tries to figure things out, or at least puts minimal effort into it before giving up and moving on to just mess around until the episode ends.

As an aside, and I know he did the tutorial in the game, but his general anti tutorial rhetoric is just baffling to me, video games aren't like how they were in the 90s, it's not run right and jump on goomba anymore, there's a lot of system heavy games that can't just naturally teach you through gameplay without resorting to text popups to explain mechanics or key/controller bindings. I can get it for your average run of the mill shooter or platformer or whatever, but it's so much easier to just run through a tutorial and learn that way than to be dropped in game and mash buttons until you have things figured out.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
This new game he's playing seems way more up his alley at least. Also it looks like he's doing more than one episode if the "#ep1" tag is any indicator.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I really enjoyed those Magic episodes. I'd be down for more of those, and I think having Dan there could make them quite interesting.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone else who is wondering, Dan has been sick, (not sure if Covid or something else,) is apparently better now, and Danganronpa 2 will be back soonish.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Danganronpa's back! Danny's back! And then they played Lemmings!
www.youtube.com

YIPPEE! | Lemmings

Dan's back and we're lemming some Lemmings.MERCH ►► http://gamegrumps.com/merchSupport us on Patreon! ► http://patreon.com/gamegrumpsor support us by becomin...

And there was a bit of news at the end of the episode:
Danny got married!

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Danny is living the dream. He has successful music endeavors and Game Grumps yet is able to keep his personal life at a distance and private and it's apparent he's very happy right now. Good for him.

I got married in between Covid spikes as well and had a lovely outdoor party. Feeling lucky we pulled that off like we did.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
oh yes, why did i never thought of that...

they HAVE to play metal wolf chaos, the sheer ridiculousness is perfect for them!

Would also be fun to see them play metal gear revengeance

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love that they've just completely given up on pretending that they're not using an emulator lol

And yes, pleeeeaaase play Metal Wolf Chaos

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
God this Bad Dudes playthrough was so good

Also I was browsing the grumps reddit page and found out that Arin (via Patreon) said that, regarding editors just being "editors" now: "they're just editors because they didn't sign up to become personalities, they just edit"

Which makes sense, although I do miss Barry/Super Mega shenanigans.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Few thank god dan is still enjoying it and paying attention and actually go against arin and explain why he's wrong on this

Sure sometimes he doesn't notices thing cause he's doing jokes with aring, but he's still super invested and that's great

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Actually started listening to Ninja Sex Party for the first time.

In between all the dick jokes, theres actually some really funny stuff in there.

Had Welcome to my Parents' house stuck in my head at work all day.

Also Unicorn Wizard is amazing.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Actually started listening to Ninja Sex Party for the first time.

In between all the dick jokes, theres actually some really funny stuff in there.

Had Welcome to my Parents' house stuck in my head at work all day.

Also Unicorn Wizard is amazing.
"Danny Don't You Know" still goes hard imo

Also you should check out their cover albums too!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Are all of Danganronpa 2's trials as obtuse as the first two have been? It feels like the murderer is random and then everything after their outed is just confirming that.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vague musings on upcoming DR2 cases.

I don't remember anything about chapter 3 other than the people who are involved.
I remember chapter 4 being a total slog. I think I almost quit during that case.
And chapter 5 is extra-convoluted, even by this game's standards. I felt like it was really well done, but it's a lot.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I... don't recommend Ultra Despair Girls, personally, but I don't feel strongly enough about it to try to seriously dissuade someone from checking it out. I just think it goes a little too crazy and distasteful without offering a compelling enough narrative. Feels like you don't miss a whole lot if you skip it.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Ehh, I... don't recommend Ultra Despair Girls, personally, but I don't feel strongly enough about it to try to seriously dissuade someone from checking it out. I just think it goes a little too crazy and distasteful without offering a compelling enough narrative. Feels like you don't miss a whole lot if you skip it.
I've actually played it before on Vita a long-ass time ago. I liked it well enough then without knowing much about Danganronpa.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest here, I'm over the Danganronpa stuff at this point. These games are so badly written and repetitive that I just wish the grumps would move on to something else. Breaks like Life and Bad Dudes only reinforces that. When it was two eps a day then yea, not a big deal because one would be something else. But if all we get is 40+ minutes of shitty writing and dull gameplay every day, it's really nothing but the guys doing funny voices and not much else because I have no investment in the story or characters at all.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Gotta be honest here, I'm over the Danganronpa stuff at this point. These games are so badly written and repetitive that I just wish the grumps would move on to something else. Breaks like Life and Bad Dudes only reinforces that. When it was two eps a day then yea, not a big deal because one would be something else. But if all we get is 40+ minutes of shitty writing and dull gameplay every day, it's really nothing but the guys doing funny voices and not much else because I have no investment in the story or characters at all.
I think that's the main advantage Ace Attorney has over Danganronpa. The games are (relatively) more tightly paced and don't really waste your time with very few exceptions, like in final cases. ESPECIALLY in trials, where you don't have to play a minigame every other sentence.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's the main advantage Ace Attorney has over Danganronpa. The games are (relatively) more tightly paced and don't really waste your time with very few exceptions, like in final cases. ESPECIALLY in trials, where you don't have to play a minigame every other sentence.

Would kill for them to do another Ace game. They're actually fun and funny. Hell I might go rewatch those.

Oct 27, 2017
The danganronpa episodes are funny, but I can't really tell if they like it or hate it. Dan seems to be paying attention at least, unlike Arin who's trying to fit a joke about farting or shitting in every dialogue.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
The danganronpa episodes are funny, but I can't really tell if they like it or hate it. Dan seems to be paying attention at least, unlike Arin who's trying to fit a joke about farting or shitting in every dialogue.
Dan likes it Arin hates it but thinks its funny bad. Back when they played the first arin was asked his opinion on the game during a shuffle master stream. He said its awful but funny at the same time and he likes making jokes about it with Dan. But Dan clearly likes them and gets way into the story.

I personally stopped watching the daily danganronpa videos. Ill watch the best of chapter videos that channel lesmo (i think thats the name) puts out. Cant do hours and hours of this games awful writing just to get some fun dan and arin comedy

Last edited:

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arin just likes to hate games sometimes. He's explained it before. It is what it is.

I did expect a bigger break between chapters 2 and 3 though.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I can't copy the whole post, but basically Danganronpa is going to move to weekends, and next week they're starting Elden Ring. It's going to work out as 2 episodes of Danganronpa per week, 2 of Elden Ring, and 2 of another series. Then one day a week will be compilations or animations. 10 MPH will be biweekly on The Grumps.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I can't copy the whole post, but basically Danganronpa is going to move to weekends, and next week they're starting Elden Ring. It's going to work out as 2 episodes of Danganronpa per week, 2 of Elden Ring, and 2 of another series. Then one day a week will be compilations or animations. 10 MPH will be biweekly on The Grumps.

Nice. I miss the Grump Clips as small little tidbits, would love those to be back too.

Glad Danganronpa is going to be limited now. I'll watch but I barely pay attention anymore. Better way to pace it out.

I started rewatching the Ace Attorney series. So good. I don't re-watch long series like that usually but I really love it, and their voices are so good for it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Elden Ring playthrough is pretty great so far. The Limgrave Tinder bit had me rolling.
"This is Greg, he's got one human foot, and the rest of him is spiders."

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Tgnww82.jpg

Thiccc

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've really been enjoying the Observation Report playthroughs they've been doing lately, still have the last one to watch. Its just a mix of both slowly going mad as they cant see any differences, and those rare instances of something weird happening that causes some brilliant reactions. Though my favourite reaction was probably at the point where Arin found the brightness control in the game, making it vastly easier since they could actually see what's going on. And still badly lost lol.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Can you say cum?"
"No!!"
"You can say it in the context of that you're going somewhere!"
"I'm going to come."