• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Ahhh, and it's over. I just finished watching it. I'm glad to hear that they're planning to do Danganronpa 2 eventually. That game is so much crazier than the original (and the original is already pretty crazy,) so that will be a fun ride.

arin will probably hate it cause there's a lot of stupid stuff in there, despite the fact that i'm absolutely loving it! Thankfully i'm 100% certain dan will love that game, wonder who he'll prefere, hiro was just perfectly made for dan, lol

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
arin will probably hate it cause there's a lot of stupid stuff in there, despite the fact that i'm absolutely loving it! Thankfully i'm 100% certain dan will love that game, wonder who he'll prefere, hiro was just perfectly made for dan, lol
Watching today's episode made me want to replay DR2, which is ridiculous as I'm currently playing like five other games.

It's been ages, but I would guess that Dan will like the Ultimate Chef in the same way that he liked Hifumi, and he'll be really into the Animal Trainer guy. (Gundam, I think.)

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, it was pretty subtle, but when they're talking about how it's weird that YouTube censors butts, they added in a Switch notification like the one that comes up when a friend starts playing a game - it's EveryButtyPoops, playing "Bidet Hero." It's at 17:25, I don't have a screenshot handy. I thought that was pretty good.
That whole episode was full of edits like that. There was another friend notification edit before that one.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn... i'm surprised they weren't sure there was a bad ending, i was sure everyone would scream at them through cameo and other plateform about the bad ending and how they should watch it!

I was kinda hoping they would do that at the end of the serie, but guess we won't see it
Depending on how the recording timeline lines up with the release timeline, they might have recorded this before the episode where they ended up skipping over the bad ending went live.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The true Ultimate Despair was Arin voicing Junko in her final moments

edit: just saw a comment that said Dan only voiced Junko in the beginning, and Arin voiced her in the end, following the game's plot. I now feel even more despair

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Danganronpa, what a total shitshow of a game and I would have never seen its entirety if not for this playthrough.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Stuck through it, but I'm glad its over. I was really over it on the last act. I'd love for them to go back to Ace Attorney over Danganronpa 2.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arin at 11:33 on today's Mario Maker
v9T0fI4.gif

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda disappointed they went for/were told to go for Team Rose. I'm sure it'll still be funny because laughing at Sonic Heroes is always fun, but it's just the Sonic story but less frustrating.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now that they've reached the end sequence of Power Plant, the game has truly begun once again.

And we get more Mario Maker!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Team Dark is going as well as expected.
I can't remember where exactly I got to, but I know I rage quit it, and as such it's the only main Sonic game I never actually fully finished lmao.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of random, but my wife and I just started watching Schitt's Creek, and last night I realized that the Dad is Eugene Levy, who is the announcer in that terrible CD-I golf game they played. So I just went back and re-watched that series, and it's still freaking hilarious.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Ahh, white people. Hated everywhere for their passive aggressiveness~"
"There is a California hipster..."

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GG fan Obama with sitcom laugh track in a post-"mommy milkies" world is killing me just as much now as it did when it started all the way back during Kirby's Dream Course.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I just saw that. GameGrumps has been some of my most favorite content since it began. Time to hang it up then.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The news is incredibly disappointing.

I hope the victims get what they need.

If it comes down to it, I think they should drop Dan and replace him with Ross.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
The news is incredibly disappointing.

I hope the victims get what they need.

If it comes down to it, I think they should drop Dan and replace him with Ross.

Ross has repeatedly said he's done with Grumps and he has his own personal streaming success.

There'd be absolutely nothing to gain from tainting his current personal brand with a greater connection to Grumps.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't even know what to say. Will Arin have a backup plan this time? Last time it all worked out because Jon left when they just happened to already be planning on adding more people so they just quickly moved things around. But now they're more minimalistic and there's no chance he has someone lined up to replace his best friend. His literal best friend. Arin has got to be devastated. I guess we have to wait for everyone to make their statements.

This is not how I wanted to wake up on my last day in Pennsylvania literally right before making a 12 hour drive to South Carolina.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This news really upset me. I wonder if we are going to hear anything from Arin, Dan or NSP? Part of me wonders if they'll just wait for this all to blow over.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
This news really upset me. I wonder if we are going to hear anything from Arin, Dan or NSP? Part of me wonders if they'll just wait for this all to blow over.
I think they'll say something, probably just taking time to formulate what they want to say about it, whether the allegations are true or not.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think an important thing to keep in mind going forward is that, while it does seem to be more likely than it was yesterday that Dan is not a groomer, those compiled texts do still indicate that he used his position and fame to lie to women and convince them to sleep with him. Which is to say that no, I don't think he groomed anyone, but that he still did something morally abhorrent and "at least he didn't go after teenagers" shouldn't be a way to go back to status quo until the truth comes out regarding those compiled texts.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I think an important thing to keep in mind going forward is that, while it does seem to be more likely than it was yesterday that Dan is not a groomer, those compiled texts do still indicate that he used his position and fame to lie to women and convince them to sleep with him. Which is to say that no, I don't think he groomed anyone, but that he still did something morally abhorrent and "at least he didn't go after teenagers" shouldn't be a way to go back to status quo until the truth comes out regarding those compiled texts.
I agree, and I think he should address them whether it's all true or not.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'll pass my judgement one we get everything out in the opening and we see how Danny responds, how Arin responds, etc. I just hope Danny is smart and respectful and knows how to apologize unlike Jared who pretty much just doubled down and gained a totally new audience. Last I checked he's still doing stuff but I unsubscribed a long time ago. I hated it too because I liked his LP channel. And after Jared was outed PB and Jeff stopped LPs for some reason (They had nothing to do with them aside from being friends) and NormalBoots stopped uploading. Made no sense since they just had to cut him off and move on as they were. But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes with these situations.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's where I ended up after reading everything yesterday. It may not be the worst thing, but it is still disappointing.

"Don't fuck your fans" should have been common knowledge, and it goes triple for YouTubers.