• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I feel so bad for Dan even though I'm sure he had a fun time still.

Playing Among Us for the first time against prominent creators and streamers who have played enough to be pretty good at the game is pretty rough.

Arin's gameplay tho, HOO BOY.
when arin literally walked in on ross killing someone and ignored it, i wanted to pull my hair out lol

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
when arin literally walked in on ross killing someone and ignored it, i wanted to pull my hair out lol

It was that AND when he tried to "fake" Asteroids, and also the kill with the botched venting. I actually involuntarily yelled C'MON DUDEEEEE a few times at my screen because of his gameplay.

And then his contributions during the discussions before quickly voting on a whim. Geez.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I literally did a double take and said, "Did Arin just witness that murder?" and then a few minutes later when Arin was vouching for Ross, I thought, "Wait, he saw it, didn't he? Did *I* mistake it? Or is Arin just being Arin?"
So I rewound the video, and yep, Arin witnessed the murder and blew it because he's Arin.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
arin trying to figure out how temperature works, classic arin!

i wish dan would talk a bit more during the meetings, but he's so innocent he would sell himself out immediatly, even if he was a crewmate, lol

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arin and Dan aren't nearly as cutthroat as they need to be to be good at this game lmao.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been moving houses for a couple of days so I'm just catching up on Danganronpa and House Party.

I lost it at Dan saying, "Remember ten minutes ago when a teddy bear shot a man into space?"

Also I'm sad that Dan suggested eating the Ultimate Pizza Bagel and not The Ultimate Sandwich. (NSFWish - Ninja Sex Party song.)

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just caught up with House Party myself, and I was not prepared for Lety's route. And that was when I thought the weirdest thing to happen would be Arin getting cucked by Patrick

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
So if Ghoul Grumps has started again today (yay!) does that mean Danganronpa is on hold til November?

Seems weird to start a long running series and only put two episodes out before shelving it for a week or so.

Surely it'd have made more sense to just do two one offs to fill the schedule and THEN start Danganronpa after Ghoul Grumps was over?

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The entire House Party run has been GOLD. I get so excited whenever I see that they're playing it again. I was DYING during that last episode.

Danganronpa's been a treat so far, but I agree with SanTheSly, it's weird that they started and then moved right into Ghoul Grumps. I actually wondered if Danganronpa was going to BE Ghoul Grumps, since it's a game all about murder.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aw, poor sweet Dan in today's Danganronpa, utterly shocked at the murder game twist.

I feel like this is going to be one of my new favorite series of theirs.

I really thought they were also going to hit Junko's death in this episode. I'm looking forward to seeing Dan react to that.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I hope they also return to Alien Isolation at some point. Maybe if Arin takes the time to learn how to play it or play ahead in his free time to show Dan.

I love the series where at least one of them are actually heavily invested in the game they're playing and it feels like that's such a rarity for Dan. He deserves the chance to see the rest of the game!

EDIT:

Also JEEZ 2 hours of Danganronpa gameplay and they haven't even gotten to the first death yet jesus this is gonna take forever

Last edited:

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not feeling the Danganronpa playthru. Maybe too many character voices, or the game just dragging. Then again I said the same for the first few eps of Doki Doki Lit Club so we'll see.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Am I the only one who doesn't really care about Danganropa? No matter who is playing it I just don't care. I didn't even watch when GameClub (GameXplain's weekly series even though they stole the name GameClub from Shesez, AStart+ and Beta64) played it immediately after they finished TTYD. I just don't really care. Though I've never seen any footage of it so I don't even know what kind of game it is. I feel the same with the Persona series and Soulsbourne stuff. Though I liked watching Catherine being played. But I digress.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
It has been ages since I've seen a class trial in general, but aside from tons more busy work I don't remember them being any more difficult than the average Ace Attorney trial.
I could see the
second Hangman's Gambit being an issue since I do not see them guessing the term NISA went with on their own.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I don't see the appeal of this game yet. Maybe once things get going.

also more Alien pls

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Adorable teddy bear is disheartened by lack of murder - Danganronpa : Part 7"

YEAH, ME TOO.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
We're so close but it has been agonisingly slow to get there. As long as they're having fun with a game and not just playing it disinterestedly because of fan demand I don't mind.

It's definitely going to take like a year to get through if they do riff on every single line of dialogue though.

And yeah ShyMel I'm gonna hard second that lmao

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like I will no longer be craving Italian food after watching the episodes.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
was really looking forward to her finally dying, the italian shtick was becoming annoying after so many episodes

Anyway now it's really starting, can't wait to see their reaction when they'll know it's like ace attorney

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD FINALLY.

Also I thought Junko happened before Sayaka?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the name of the place Frank in House Party was looking to start as a business (instead of Lena's dojo)? Frank's Fucktorium or something like that? I'm looking to troll the Trump Voter Fraud Hotline as Frank, but I can't remember the name and don't want to spend forever trying to find it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the name of the place Frank in House Party was looking to start as a business (instead of Lena's dojo)? Frank's Fucktorium or something like that? I'm looking to troll the Trump Voter Fraud Hotline as Frank, but I can't remember the name and don't want to spend forever trying to find it.
Frankie's Fuckaround Club. House Party Part 4 (the second time around lol) at about 3:50.

PLEASE, if possible, record your prank call. That sounds like gold.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
arin : "i could swear there's a teleportation.... welp guess not" ...

I don't mind arin being oblivious and bad at games, it often makes thing funnier, but this one is really annoying, they'll lose ton of time when more of the school unlock later!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GAME: You're about to go into a class trial minigame. Want some more information?
ARIN: What? No!
(Five minutes later)
ARIN: I DON'T GET IT, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?

Every. fucking. time. lol

EDIT: OH MY GOD, ARIN. He even read the instructions and he's STILL not getting it.

EDIT2: FINALLY. "Oh, I shoot the words!"

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Everyone saw it coming from miles away! Classic Arin! And of course he will never bother to check all the other buttons, like how to fast forward and so on, lol...

i really hope they read the comment and realise why it being LEON isn't that obvious in the first place, for japanese players

PLUS it's not just about who done it, but how and why! Cause it would be easy for a murderer to just use the finger of the victim to write someone's else name

BUT DAMN, i'm so glad dan is enjoying the game at least unlike arin, i'm affraid they would stop playing if it wasn't the case! Even if it takes a while, they really need to finish it! (i'm sure arin will warm up to the game later on though)

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
The Boyfriend got me into grumps earlier this year. They give me the same background noise serotonin that Trixie and Katya and I love watching 10 minute power hour and the myriad of compilations.

It doesn't bother me when they Arin misses stuff (boyfriend gets annoyed with it) because most streamers miss things right in front of them sometimes. That said I vastly prefer just hearing their jokes and stories, so I tend to stick with comps unless the game really interests me.