• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Majora's Mask is back and Arin's doing side quests. 2020 continues to be full of all manner of surprises.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dan: Wait a second, this is starting to sound familiar... Is the stray fairy thing like, every time you'd see one you'd be like "Ugh this is stupid garbage, why do I have to--who cares about the stray fairies"?
Arin: ...Yes.
Dan: Oh, Arin... Ohh, Arin... *laughs*
Arin: ...Well I mean they're really important...
Dan: *laughs harder*
this exchange took me out

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I see they're posting more Majora's Mask. What's the deal there? I don't assume it's as cut and dry as Arin realizing he was unfair to taint Dan's first experience with his obnoxious negativity and wanting to give it a fair shake is it?

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I see they're posting more Majora's Mask. What's the deal there? I don't assume it's as cut and dry as Arin realizing he was unfair to taint Dan's first experience with his obnoxious negativity and wanting to give it a fair shake is it?
IIRC, they said that due to the quarantine Backstreet Boys Reunion Tour, they have more time + the fans really wanted to see them complete more games.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fall Guys streams/game personalities have been a blast. I watch a streamer who largely plays VRChat and they've done the fall guys map. The good Christian boys (Super Mega) have been doing Fall Guys episodes.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'd been avoiding Fall Guys videos because I didn't really care but now I'm interested. GrandPooBear has been doing videos of it too. I wasn't watching because I mainly watch his Mario Maker 2 videos.

I do look forward to more Grumps playing it. But like I said I really wish Danny had a POV as well. It's just not the same when you can only imagine what he's doing from what he's saying.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd been avoiding Fall Guys videos because I didn't really care but now I'm interested. GrandPooBear has been doing videos of it too. I wasn't watching because I mainly watch his Mario Maker 2 videos.

I do look forward to more Grumps playing it. But like I said I really wish Danny had a POV as well. It's just not the same when you can only imagine what he's doing from what he's saying.
shame on that end, but at least it points Danny on the map either when Arin has him on screen, arin dies/wins and can focus on him. This is a given by now for any gaming personalities doing streams with friends sadly as it would take too much editing to get his POV.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The ending of Majora's Mask was pretty funny.

They absolutely DESTROY Majora using the Fierce Deity mask. (Arin does not even get hit.) Then reload the save state and fight him normally.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
in their Bundt throwback videos they casually mentioned that they might have to do a Pokemon Gold & Silver playthrough.

What are the odds of that actually happening?

Kind of surprised that they didn't do a FF7R playthrough since Arin has stated that he loves that game (and apparently did some free voicework for it?).

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, today's House Party is fucking WILD.

Spoilers in case you want to go in blind. AND YOU SHOULD.

So there was another YouTuber who got added to the game at the same time as Arin and Dan, so they've been going through her story... Which ended up going full Doki Doki Literature Club. Lety (Youtuber) and Rachel realize they're in a video game and decide the only conclusion is TO KILL EVERYONE AT THE PARTY.
There's more to what makes it nuts, but... Just go watch it.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I need to catch up on their house party episodes. They are so good. That game is a gift.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Grumps are playing Hollow Knight.

And making a bunch of jokes about Pittsburgh, which was my home for a couple years, and I love it.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I know they only just found the old password to the Grump Out channel but it still seems like an odd use of it after all this time. Might've been better to just start a new one and push that instead?

Also, as someone not that bothered by Hollow Knight overall (it's good but I think severely overrated) I'm living for the salt in the comments of the Grumps playthrough.

I really don't know what people were expecting. This had monkey's paw territory written all over it. Be careful what you wish for!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I know they have to work with YouTube's algorithm but I wish they could just upload the clips to the main channel.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Also, as someone not that bothered by Hollow Knight overall (it's good but I think severely overrated) I'm living for the salt in the comments of the Grumps playthrough.

I really don't know what people were expecting. This had monkey's paw territory written all over it. Be careful what you wish for!
Oh I haven't even thought to look at the comments lol

They're playing it how I would play it so I never thought anything was wrong!

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Um, so is anyone else noticing the Galaxy 2 episodes have been really weirdly ordered lately? The numbers are way out of order. One day there was a title that was just Galaxy 1 episode 4. Today they put up 13 of G2. But before that it was 16, 17 and 18. And before that 12. I'm so confused. Are they actually out of order? How does this happen?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Um, so is anyone else noticing the Galaxy 2 episodes have been really weirdly ordered lately? The numbers are way out of order. One day there was a title that was just Galaxy 1 episode 4. Today they put up 13 of G2. But before that it was 16, 17 and 18. And before that 12. I'm so confused. Are they actually out of order? How does this happen?
Yeah they made a post a couple of days ago apologizing and promising to backfill the missing episodes, which is what they seem to be slowly doing.

I have no idea how it happened. But I already watched Arin play the monkey's bowling minigame while passionately ranting about why bees are important, so I'm in too deep now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Yeah they made a post a couple of days ago apologizing and promising to backfill the missing episodes, which is what they seem to be slowly doing.

I have no idea how it happened. But I already watched Arin play the monkey's bowling minigame while passionately ranting about why we bees are important, so I'm in too deep now.
that rant threw me off-guard, but he was so damn passionate!

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
On the one hand I agree that it was going very slow, and looking up Hollow Knight impressions it seems like that's by design since you're supposed to get lost etc.

But on the other hand, a game like that just doesn't gel well with how Arin and Dan play games.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I haven't watched any of their Hollow Knight episodes. It never seems like a game they'd want to play all the way. And I never really cared about it except for it's art style. I'm not surprised they stopped. I'm enjoying their Galaxy episodes though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
If it is still available to play once they are not playing Galaxy 2, I would like to see them play Super Mario 35.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's an Among Us playlist on the channel with a private video in it

👀👀👀👀👀

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't figure out a good way to share the screenshot, but they just posted an image of Sayaka Maizono from Danganronpa on their YouTube status with the caption "New crush alert!"

So I guess Danganronpa is next? Which is awesome.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping this means they eventually get to DR2someday and discover the superiority of Ibuki, Akane, Chiaki, and Sonia

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What a great, Game Grumps start to this.
Dan: "I voted for Ross, because frankly, I've never trusted him."

not 3 minutes later.....

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I feel so bad for Dan even though I'm sure he had a fun time still.

Playing Among Us for the first time against prominent creators and streamers who have played enough to be pretty good at the game is pretty rough.

Arin's gameplay tho, HOO BOY.