• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm really glad you posted that, Beef, because I got a youtube notification about a new episode of House Party this weekend* and it wasn't there this morning when I went to go watch it. I would have thought I was losing my mind.

*Yes, I get notifications for Game Grumps and Bon Appetit. I never bothered to turn either of them off.
I actually saw the House Party episode in my Subscriptions list on my TV app and said "I'll watch it later". Then later came and it was replaced with another Link Between Worlds episode, which was still fine, but I really wanted House Party. lol

So what exactly happened? What was the episode they posted? Was it missing audio or something?

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Ok so WOW, apparently Ben the editor got outed for making some...questionable posts on twitter dot com, and not people are theorizing that he's been fired as a way to explain the lack of wacky edits recently. All Arin has (apparently) said about it via a stream is that it has "been dealt with."

This is...quite a bit of news.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Like what? Racist stuff? Sexist stuff? I didn't even know he had a Twitter. I really only follow the official account, Arin and Brian. As well as Kevin and Barry I guess. Oh and Suzy. Okay I guess I follow a lot of them. But not Ben.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I love that House Party has been able to come back and has been even better than their last playthrough.

Also, that's disappointing to hear about the editor. Hope they can find a replacement fast.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
So that's why they keep saying "whoever is editing this." I thought it was because they were shifting around editing because of the whole BSB reunion tour.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sometimes tempted to get UNO and Monopoly and stuff when it's on sale, but then I remembered Ubisoft managed to fuck up Tetris.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm sometimes tempted to get UNO and Monopoly and stuff when it's on sale, but then I remembered Ubisoft managed to fuck up Tetris.
Obviously I can only speak for the PS4 version, but I haven't encountered any weird fuck-ups when playing Monopoly (aside from not being able to combine house rules, but I never use those to begin with).

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
This episode of the 10 Minute Power Hour is so amazing:

I always wanted to do one of those but I was never able to, so it's amazing to see how cheesy these things are lmao

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That might be my favorite 10 min power hour. They should riff some old 80s/90s vids more often, even if it doesn't have them in it.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
This episode of the 10 Minute Power Hour is so amazing:

I always wanted to do one of those but I was never able to, so it's amazing to see how cheesy these things are lmao

I was on Sesame Street when I was a kid.

It was a field trip so I didn't have money to buy a VHS if it was even available nor did I know I'd be able to purchase it. So I guess it's just a fading memory now.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
UNO is pretty solid as far as that stuff goes. At less than $5 it's a pretty good buy. I've had it on PC and Switch.

I was on Sesame Street when I was a kid.

It was a field trip so I didn't have money to buy a VHS if it was even available nor did I know I'd be able to purchase it. So I guess it's just a fading memory now.
I was on Wild 'N' Crazy Kids when they were doing a mall tour. I don't even know if they aired that episode or what.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

Official statement from the grumps, including commenting on their history and accepting responsibility for said history.

(Edit) and from Suzy.

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like quite a good statement. I'm proud of them for growing, listening, and reflecting.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The Grumps have grown a lot since they started. Thankfully they were able to lose Jon early on. Jon of course keeps digging his hole. I can't believe he still has followers. I haven't watched a video by him since his "apology" video that turned out to just be an apology for not uploading rather than an apology for being a racist like we hoped. Then again Jared did the same thing. Just still uploading like nothing happened. At least I assume. I unsubscribed a while ago but I kept my subscription long enough to wait and see if he came back (On his LP channel, not his review channel) and sure enough he just one day started posting again like nothing happened.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the grumps thread has one of jontron's posts on the issue, and it's nearly exactly what you'd expect it to be.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at that Grumps tweet. I saw it and kind of glossed over because at first glance it looked like pretty much what everyone else is putting out. But reading deeper - Good on them for acknowledging their past faults and aiming to be better.

As for Jontron..... Whew, Okay Jon, that's a take, I suppose. Like, if he'd left the grilling meme off, it wouldn't have been great, but it wouldn't have been terrible. But... nope. Gotta find a way to make it awful.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that there's still a stink of Jon around Game Grumps. Fans and people that follow them know he's pretty much persona non grata yet in any thread about them people still reference him.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's amazing that there's still a stink of Jon around Game Grumps. Fans and people that follow them know he's pretty much persona non grata yet in any thread about them people still reference him.

While he was one of the founders of Game Grumps so it kind of makes sense. But at the Tampa Game Grumps live show a couple years back people even asked him if Jon could be on guest Grumps. It was about 8 months to a year after Jon's racist comment came out.

Aaron was pretty emphatic that Jon would not be coming on guest Grumps.

But like I said that's the problem when he was one of the founders, people always associate Game Grumps with JonTron

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
You can't bring up the problematic past of Arin or the brand in general without Jon since he's, while not the root cause, still a huge reason for that.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While he was one of the founders of Game Grumps so it kind of makes sense.

People can't keep brining him up and holding it over GG as a whole in every single GG Thread that comes up. People who know know, he hasn't been associated with them in forever and his relevance is as much to GameGrumps as a brand and company as Cousin Oliver is to the Brady Bunch.

You can't bring up the problematic past of Arin or the brand in general without Jon since he's, while not the root cause, still a huge reason for that.

Sure you can. You can discuss Arin's past and how he has changed without leaning on Jon every single time. What Game Grumps was in 2012 isn't what it is now, which shows how they've well moved on past him. It's one year of Jon versus seven without him.

It's hard to say he's "still a huge reason" when he means nothing right now to Arin, as far as we know (of course). If the two are still friends and hang out, then yeah he should be shamed. But since Jon has shown his ass even more the past few years, I don't see Arin going out of his way to associate, I don't see his relevance.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
People can't keep brining him up and holding it over GG as a whole in every single GG Thread that comes up. People who know know, he hasn't been associated with them in forever and his relevance is as much to GameGrumps as a brand and company as Cousin Oliver is to the Brady Bunch.

Sure you can. You can discuss Arin's past and how he has changed without leaning on Jon every single time. What Game Grumps was in 2012 isn't what it is now, which shows how they've well moved on past him. It's one year of Jon versus seven without him.

It's hard to say he's "still a huge reason" when he means nothing right now to Arin, as far as we know (of course). If the two are still friends and hang out, then yeah he should be shamed. But since Jon has shown his ass even more the past few years, I don't see Arin going out of his way to associate, I don't see his relevance.
No I agree with you I'm just saying I get why people bring it up is hard to escape who your co-founder is.

When I bought my eight years of Game Grumps pen this year I was kind of hoping it would be called 7 years of Game Grumps and they would just delete Jon stuff from the channnel and his history forever. Pretend the first year didn't even happen.

People should absolutely acknowledge the growth that Arin has made over the past eight years and before that. Dude has legit gotten better. And has apologized for his actions multiple times over the years.

I'm still not going to fault anyone for wanting to remind him how he and John were and how he used to be. Nor will I Falls anyone for not wanting to believe them same way I wouldn't do it for people who still don't believe James Gunn.

Especially considering what's going on now.

I personally thought that the statements were great but I can understand why for some people that doesn't make it enough.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
mannnnnn these Monopoly episodes were so friggin great. absolute nailbiters after it got to Dan vs Amandine, so much more fun than "Dan takes Arin behind the woodshed for a dozen turns" like the last ones were. they should keep playing with house rules, this auction rule is great

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
mannnnnn these Monopoly episodes were so friggin great. absolute nailbiters after it got to Dan vs Amandine, so much more fun than "Dan taken Arin behind the woodshed for a dozen turns" like the last ones were. they should keep playing with house rules, this auction rule is great

I just watching Monopoly episodes to see how many times that can make Bro sound sexual.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Oh yeah. The Monopoly episodes were a good change of pace. I'd like to see them do some of the other house rules. Speed dice is some weird shit.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Have to say I gained some extra respect for Arin for asking about the statement on twitter and then taking the criticism well and making a good statement

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Yeah Arins been handling this whole thing very well. He was pretty active on Twitter when shit started going down and getting feedback on how to make things better and actually doing it.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Really proud of the boys for removing problematic episodes especially. I heard one of the racist jokes in a compilation recently and yeeesh.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I was happy when Arin gave a shoutout to us Scottish folk on the 1st Rocket League ep, but then he went on to say that's what the Isle of Man flag is representing, haha, oh, Arin.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Then again Jared did the same thing. Just still uploading like nothing happened. At least I assume. I unsubscribed a while ago but I kept my subscription long enough to wait and see if he came back (On his LP channel, not his review channel) and sure enough he just one day started posting again like nothing happened.
Oh, that disgusting human being is still around. Ugh.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Today's sonic heroes was an enjoyable one, it really felt more podcasty than normal which isn't a bad thing at least so far.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
The volume didn't sound low to me, unless you were referring to the in-game volume.

Also watching Sonic Heroes again had me remember just how slippery your characters are, like wow.

DJGolfClap

Avenger
Apr 28, 2018
Vancouver
I'm watching them play Ocarina of Time again for the thousandth time and I LOVE IT but every time Arin says skulltula pronounced "Skull-tull-uh" I die a little inside