• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
yeah the title sucks, but as long as the content stays more or less the same i'm good, i get why they're doing it!

The rescue game in the mountains was amazing, when they play shit game it's the most entertaining imo

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Just finished to play Sayonara Wild Hearts.... Man this game would be perfect for Dan, he would love it, and it's beatable in an hour, would fit with the new length of their video!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of into this series of videos on The Grumps where Arin introduces Dan to Christmas traditions. (Decorating trees, writing letters to Santa.) It's pretty funny.

"Kids write letters to Santa, but they're really writing letters to their parents, telling them what they want."
"Oh, I didn't do that. I sat in my house and ate Latkes while staring at the floor."

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Adolescent Santa Claus was just the right episode for a slow morning at work the morning before Christmas Eve.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I don't watch a whole lot of Game Grumps anymore for various reasons, but this popped up in my feed and I gave it a watch.

What an awful trash game this looks to be. I was shocked as hell when I looked it up and not only is it not some sub-$5 asset flip game but it's actually a RETAIL RELEASE with a MSRP of $39.99.

Switch publishers in 2020 got some balls, man. I don't remember seeing garbage on this level even back in the Wii days.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

I've been dying at this compilation

Honestly nothing makes me laugh harder when they just have no idea what to do

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Arin's adamant refusal to read tutorials is perfectly suited to shovelware Wii games and bottom-of-the-barrel Steam games. Or Sonic games. It's only painful when they play something that actually might be, you know, good.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying this new format of longer episodes. I'm glad they made these changes.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I randomly decided to watch the latest Twilight Princess episode (I haven't followed the series so far) and Dan and Arin started talking about going back to Chrono Trigger, and it sounds like they're going to go back to it in regular episodes! (I'm super excited about this, because the Chrono Trigger streams were GREAT.)

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I randomly decided to watch the latest Twilight Princess episode (I haven't followed the series so far) and Dan and Arin started talking about going back to Chrono Trigger, and it sounds like they're going to go back to it in regular episodes! (I'm super excited about this, because the Chrono Trigger streams were GREAT.)
Yeah I'm real happy about that too. In their Mega Man episodes they were talking about playing the rest of that series too.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

Just in case you all haven't seen this yet. It's so cool!!! I've had the song stuck in my head since Thursday.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Grumps have put one of their chrono streams as private (part 3). Can't remember what all was said in that one since I didn't watch the reupload but I imagine something didn't meet appropriateness.

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

In other more exciting news, they're playing more Chrono Trigger as a regular series!

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

You'd think after so many years they'd try and redo the character design of Clannad so they didn't look god awful...

I definitely can't see them keeping playing this one for too many episodes.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Oh god, they're doing clannad!

On one end i'm happy, but on the other they'll never finish it or reach the interesting parts, the game is really too long, like 50-60 hours and since they're doing a show and jokes, they'll take even longer

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Unless it is a hybrid or meme-esque, I do not think they could get through an entire visual novel. Something like Danganronpa where it has more than just choice selection and starts off with a bang I think would be a longer vn they could actually get through. They could also finish the Ace Attorney trilogy.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Clannad.

I was not prepared.

EDIT: My four month old son is really into it, lol

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love these Rocket League episodes. They're at that point in playing where the mechanics start to click, and you start getting into the team sport mindset, you start having a gameplan and executing it, and they're having so much fun. At this point I'm at level 100 in the game myself, but seeing them play and remembering my early days, it really DO be like that lol. It's such a joy to watch.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
From the Grumps YT channel:

ANNOUNCEMENT TIME. Starting tomorrow, we're going to be doing a Grump-A-Day for as long as we can. That means... a new Game Grumps episode EVERY SINGLE DAY. We want everyone to be able to watch new episodes every day and know that many wanted daily uploads again. It won't always be possible with our schedules, so for now Arin and Dan are going to make the most of all this staying at home by playing some games and sharing some laughs! EDIT: These daily uploads will continue to be in the long episode format!

This is nice of them!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
That's awesome. Also is today's episode broken for anyone? I keep getting an error about halfway through.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The beginning with Arin and Dan talking about how they're not allowed to talk about Covid-19 cracked me up.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally catching up with SMG2, between the Backstreet Boys Reunion Tour and Dan having to define every term just to explain music channels in the 90s I am just dying

But not because of the Backstreet Boys, I don't have tickets

A WITCH'S TIT

edit: "...I jizzed into--well, nevermind. It was gonna be a school of hard socks joke, but" 🤣

Last edited:

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I saw something that bothered me a lot and wanted to see what the community here thought.

There was a video in my recommended feed called "Arin is a hypocrite" or something to the effect. The video opens with Arin saying that he doesn't think it's cool to drop the n-word as a white man and immediately cuts into various footage of his cartoons and him joking with Jontron or his then gf and impersonating raps or just "tough black dudes" and casually dropping the n-word.

I had mixed feelings about it.

It was shitty to hear how loosely he used to use it (Jon did a lot too) and it's jarring to hear it from a creator that you respect in any circumstance.

On the other hand, all the footage was from 2010-2012, which doesn't make it cool but suggests that maybe he's not a "hypocrite" but a person who has matured and grown over time.

I felt pretty foolish when I saw the description and the comments, which was basically people complaining that "PC Arin is what we're stuck with now" and "funny Arin died when Jon left" and a ton of people actually complaining that "it's like he stopped using the n-word when Jon left."

Obviously the video and community around it put it together in bad faith but it was still really unsettling to hear. I respect him a lot and hearing his views on the world now makes me think he's come a long way from the person he was ten years ago.

Any thoughts on this?