• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got Man of Medan on sale and I'm loving it. Didn't want to watch their playthrough until I had done my own.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I skipped both of their Ghoul Grumps episodes because I already watched them on Scary Game Squad, and it was too fresh in my mind.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i cant enjoy any of the lets players playing blair witch because literally the weekend before they all started to play it/release episodes my friends and I beat it in one sitting.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
New schedule happening soon (didn't give a date):

Monday - 10 Minute Power Hour on The Grumps at 2PM
Tuesday - Game Grumps let's play at 10AM. (30-60minute episode)
Wednesday - Game Grumps let's play at 10AM. (30-60minute episode) Game Grumps Animated at 2PM
Thursday - Good Content on The Grumps (formerly Untitled Show) at 12PM.
Friday - Game Grumps Compilation at 2PM
Saturday - Game Grumps let's play at 10AM. (30-60minute episode)
Sunday - Game Grumps let's play at 10AM. (30-60minute episode)

This is supposedly to bend again with the algorithm, which now favors longer videos.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Proposed scheduling is bad. They fucked up when they switched to one game episode a day because if viewers don't care for that game they'd drop off until a new game shows up. With two games a day odds are one would be worth watching. Longer episodes won't solve the problem and will likely hurt them more as viewers won't watch to the end if they don't like the game or don't be have the time. 15 minutes is easy to consume, 60 not so much and there's fewer episodes a week so less chances to attract attention. They need to go back to a dual schedule... and drop the crappy nerf/pool videos, though I'm hoping they're just filler due to office space hold ups.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Man, I do not like that schedule. Longer episodes is cool, but now they are scaling back the gameplay way too much. It's mostly why I watch the Grumps anyway.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm excited about the longer episodes. It sounds like in general they've been spreading themselves thin, which is one thing I was for sure worried about with the regular streaming. If this schedule sucks I'm sure they'll tweak it again in about 6 months.

I honestly hope we see more solo Arin lets plays, since there is so much touring in Dan's schedule.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Longer episodes are a good idea.
Too many episodes end just as things are firing on all cylinders and you end up having to wait a whole day which messes with the flow. (Also way too many uploads for a single game)

It's essentially the same amount of content but delivered in a way that's less disruptive to the content and easier on them as they don't have to keep stopping and starting.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Yeah they already record (or used to record now, I guess) 7 episodes a day at around 10-15 minutes each, which is already a little more than 60 to 90 minutes. If anything this would just be them giving us one full session as opposed to several smaller ones.

But again, I would need to see it in practice with both Arin and Dan first to really determine if I like it.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wonder if the scaled back episodes is because of a financial thing. Maybe they need to cut back because of YT's monetization shite.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
It's exactly that. YT has become very creator-unfriendly the past few years and a lot of channels are going to struggle.
At least it seems like outside of Grumps, they are doing okay. Arin has Real Good Touring and stuff like Arpeegees and Dan, well, Dan's an international jetsetting Rock Star.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Finally watching Arin's solo Ghouls and Ghosts play through and I'm surprised it took him that long to start using suspend points.

Also, he's like "why can't I rewind like I could with Mario?" while the message at the bottom of the screen that says "Press and hold to rewind" laughs at his pain.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Man, the Dendy stuff has been super boring. Between that and the only punches SFV video, I've been skipping a lot of episodes. Wake me when they finish Twilight Princess or do the next game in the PW series.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay, the whole thing being fake is super annoying. I thought it was cool that they had found some previously unknown game.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want to sit here and say that's clever marketing instead I'm going to sit here and say I haven't had a new episode of Game Grumps in seemingly forever and I'm bored.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm excited about the longer episodes but, haven't been super excited with the game choices so far.

Still hoping for more Deadly Premonition.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Today's episode of Mario and Sonic was great, but overall they really need to spend some time with a regular-ass game. No gimmicks.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
All three dandy videos were basically advertising. Dont marketing guidelines or YouTube TOS require you to acknowledge paid promotion? Because they never did with these videos.

As much as I want to sit here and say that's clever marketing instead I'm going to sit here and say I haven't had a new episode of Game Grumps in seemingly forever and I'm bored.

The new format and a fair bit of the new content sucks. I went from watching most of their content to a fraction of it. Their numbers haven't improved either so unless people are watching the entirety of these long videos not sure if the change is paying off.
I was hoping things would pick up again once they got in the new office but they've been at Brent's house for months now. Have they said what's going on with that?

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All three dandy videos were basically advertising. Dont marketing guidelines or YouTube TOS require you to acknowledge paid promotion? Because they never did with these videos.

I have to think it's because it's their own game. The Dandy was real and they just built a silly story around it. Hell, the "jump russia" game itself might have even been a real game that inspired them to create what they think it might have been like. I'm sure there's some wiki out there.

I was hoping things would pick up again once they got in the new office but they've been at Brent's house for months now. Have they said what's going on with that?

I'd think new year new office is what is planned, seems right for signing a new lease etc...I hope they can generate more content, Danny on tour doesn't help. They probably stockpiled a bunch at Brent's while they change stuff up.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get that they need to try and play the YouTube algorithm to their advantage the best they can, but man are the new titles and thumbnails off-putting.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the long-awaited return to Toilet Princess is finally here

and it's too bad they didn't get very far into Untitled Goose Game the other day, feels like they didn't quite get to some of the best shenanigans