• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Today's Guest Grumps episode was fantastic. Also it's the first Guest episode where I didn't know who the guest was.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i had to google her and i still dont know who she is but clearly she must be famous. Is it a case of her daughter being a big GG fan and asking her mom to make it happen?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
She's a judge on Drag Race and Ireland's Got Talent, apparently. She was also a radio DJ, as she said on the episode, plus she had a singing career before, too.

I could see Arin asking her to come on if he likes Drag Race, but I have no idea if he watches it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's worth noting that they finally finished the Undertale Genocide Run.

They did not get the jump scare ending, which is funny because Dan started saying, "Are we gonne get some Doki Doki shit?" It took about fifteen minutes, but ten of that was because Allie made them sit through the darkness until Wigglz offered to let them resurrect the world.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's worth noting that they finally finished the Undertale Genocide Run.

They did not get the jump scare ending, which is funny because Dan started saying, "Are we gonne get some Doki Doki shit?" It took about fifteen minutes, but ten of that was because Allie made them sit through the darkness until Wigglz offered to let them resurrect the world.
That was still such an awkward point to finish the undertale stream there didn't seem like much a point to return. What did they stream the rest of the time?

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So they're doing Mario maker episodes and Mario maker streams? I guess it's what the people want. I've always liked them playing something with a plot in streams personally. So I guess I'll tune in whenever they play something with a plot.

I haven't watched the Mario Maker streams, but I think the Episodes are them playing the levels made by their friends, (Gerard, Ross, etc) and I think the streams are supposed to be like a community showcase. Honestly I've concluded that Mario Maker is kind of hit or miss - when It's funny, it's REALLY funny, but the rest of the time, it's just kind of meh.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I can't fuckin' handle Arin thinking an S is a 2, rofl

It's great seeing people experience Ace Attorney for the first time, it really brings me back to when I played them. Ahh...the days of my youth...like the scent of fresh lemon, you see.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Yeah, the PW episodes are great and super chill. It's been years since I've played the first game, so I don't remember the outcomes of the cases.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
So, they're really just gonna skip three episodes?
Doesn't seem like it. They commented on today's episode:
"NOTE: Through forensic investigation, we found the missing episodes, but too close to posting time today for the video to be edited. We will be posting the three missing episodes over the next few days. We have also tracked down the cause and will be fixing it. It wasn't Ben." - Boruff

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So is there any reason to actually watch the entire 3 hours of the Sans fight or can I skip to the end when they finally win then watch the latest stream instead?
Honestly? No. There isn't much interesting conversation to even try to recommend it as a 'podcast' to hear more of their day to day lives. You might miss some of the close calls but it just further shows how editing from a regular grumps episode would have salvaged this a bit more.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Honestly? No. There isn't much interesting conversation to even try to recommend it as a 'podcast' to hear more of their day to day lives. You might miss some of the close calls but it just further shows how editing from a regular grumps episode would have salvaged this a bit more.
I'm just gonna skip to the end, watch the last battle, then watch the ending and SMM2 gameplay then. Amazing it took them so long to fight him. Ross and Barry ended up beating him way back in less time than they were expecting. Even Holly was late with the spaghetti or whatever because they didn't think they'd finish so soon.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhh shit boi, they're gonna play through chrono trigger! Does Robo get the Monika voice?

Whaaaaaaaat? Oh man that's awesome. Are they going to do it on stream? (I hope so, because I kind of doubt it would get a full series in episodes.)
Makes sense, though, I think Arin replayed it recently and said it's his favorite game ever. That said, I hope they let Dan play.

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaaaaat? Oh man that's awesome. Are they going to do it on stream? (I hope so, because I kind of doubt it would get a full series in episodes.)
Makes sense, though, I think Arin replayed it recently and said it's his favorite game ever. That said, I hope they let Dan play.
I'm pretty sure Dan is going to play. I think he's going to love it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone else curious, it's going to be on stream starting August 6th.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang I was hoping that the reason that Arin was trending on Twitter was because of Chrono Trigger...

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Arin didn't agree with a video that Sir Pelo made yesterday and it completely blew up overboard. With people like Oney slamming Arin for being a hypocrite and others digging up Arin's past mistakes.

Despite Sir Pelo saying that he and Arin already talked about it and are totally cool.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
What was the video about? I don'y know sir pelo
The video was some pretty absurdist "satire" of "storytime animation" videos: the sort of commentary vids popular on YouTube right now. Two popular creators of such content are "Odd1sOut" and "JaidenAnimations," names you might recognize as members of Arin's new live project Scribble Showdown. As is typical for Arin at this point, he greatly overreacted in a good-natured attempt to defend his friends and colleagues.

that's just my summary of the situation though

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'd say people tweeting about Arin are overreacting and are proving him right. Arin's tweets were more along the lines of "hey that kind of stuff hurts, maybe don't do that."

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All I know of Arin+supermegas beef with the rest of that NG/animators group is that Arin wants to distance himself from that group because they are and represent a toxic part of his life he has been trying to distance himself from and be a better person.

Oney and a big portion of that group are in the "who cares what you say don't get offended so easily" group of wanting the ability to say whatever they want for the sake of comedy. One of the guys says he used to identify as a Democrat but started drifting away with everybody getting offended.

Makes sense the group and Arin have a beef considering one knows they've done shitty things in the past and want to improve, the others have done shitty things in the past and are more worried over people getting offended than what they are actually saying. See how after Jon's fallout one of them even almost immediately had them as a guest in their podcast.

Im glad the supermega boys also distanced themselves. Seems like Ross is the only one, last I heard at least, who is trying to not choose a side and wants to remain friends with everybody.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
it's a shame, because oney is so unbelievably talented

besides, there's definitely some behind the scenes personal shit that went down that we don't know about

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So what exactly is the point of changing the title of today's TheGrumps video to a weird clickbait title? It originally said "The Grumps Fan Talk Back Show!" When it appeared on my notifications and is now set to "Is Game Grumps Dead?"

Is there a joke I missed? Because that shit is stupid. I get enough clickbait titles in my subscriptions feed.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
So what exactly is the point of changing the title of today's TheGrumps video to a weird clickbait title? It originally said "The Grumps Fan Talk Back Show!" When it appeared on my notifications and is now set to "Is Game Grumps Dead?"

Is there a joke I missed? Because that shit is stupid. I get enough clickbait titles in my subscriptions feed.
A L G O R I T H M S

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it's a shame, because oney is so unbelievably talented

besides, there's definitely some behind the scenes personal shit that went down that we don't know about
I used to watch OneyPlays and yes he's ridiculously talented. Music, animation, now CG modeling and he's making a game right now. But I've been drifting away for quite some time. It made me realize that the extremely edgy humor worked for a while for me but the sleepy cabin group just don't do it for me anymore. And once ding dong and Julian stopped being the regular guests I basically just stopped watching.

Though one thing is for certain, Arin needs to pick his battles. He doesn't have enough prominent people backing him up on this and most see it as him throwing his previous friends under the bus.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Though one thing is for certain, Arin needs to pick his battles. He doesn't have enough prominent people backing him up on this and most see it as him throwing his previous friends under the bus.
It's pretty clear that Arin gets blinded by his feverish loyalty to the people he cares about, which is admittedly endearing to me. I remember being really peeved about his ridiculous-seeming attack towards the guy on Twitter who invoked the classic "Ross sucks" joke, but then we all found out about Ross's messy divorce. I think that we don't see nearly enough to make judgement calls on Arin in moments like this, which is something communities like r/rantgrumps don't seem to get.

But how? Like does the al-gore-ithm look for keywords like "dead" or something?

Also... so... is Game Grumps dead?

Haven't watched it yet lol
questions perform better
of course not lol

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
If I remember correctly, the rumor was that Oney made fun of Dream Daddy when it first released and refused to apologize. That caused a rip in their friendship with Game Grumps.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to get Arin cancelled by bringing up his past (which he's already apologized for and said he's not proud of) is a real dick move.

Proves that he's right to distance himself from that toxic sphere.

The amount of hate he gets all the time is unreal, and for what? Opinions on video games? Not being an active animator? Growing up instead of remaining an edgy teen all his life?

He's one of the kindest caring dudes on YouTube and doesn't deserve this shit.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get Arin cancelled by bringing up his past (which he's already apologized for and said he's not proud of) is a real dick move.

Proves that he's right to distance himself from that toxic sphere.

The amount of hate he gets all the time is unreal, and for what? Opinions on video games? Not being an active animator? Growing up instead of remaining an edgy teen all his life?

He's one of the kindest caring dudes on YouTube and doesn't deserve this shit.
For the most part it's older friendships who are angry and frustrated that he has grown so far apart from them and also wants to say he's above it all. Arin isn't exactly the easiest guy to get in a fight with as just like these guys he can be quite childish.

Yes he most definitely is trying to do good and has matured compared to others in the Newgrounds group in many ways, but at least in this previous incident from what I hear he threw them under the bus when it wasn't even necessary and the pent up frustration from others in that general group came exploding out. These were all guys who were bffs with Arin for years mind you, so any sense of betrayal and resentment towards him is even bigger due to that.

This has reached a point it's just extremely toxic and if he wants to be as big of a man as he wants to say he is, maybe consider having a sit down with these guys and discussing your feelings in private. Or at least offering to talk and wanting to close off any anger. I suggest Arin do it not because he's at fault, but more because I know the other main players in the fight won't ever come forth to do the same as they see him as being at fault.

You don't need to be bffs with them again, but when all of you are so prominent on the youtube community with fans who are at each other's throats, taking the high road to at least smooth tension might be a good thing. He already has his new social groups, close this chapter in your life properly and try to mend bridges.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
For the most part it's older friendships who are angry and frustrated that he has grown so far apart from them and also wants to say he's above it all. Arin isn't exactly the easiest guy to get in a fight with as just like these guys he can be quite childish.

Yes he most definitely is trying to do good and has matured compared to others in the Newgrounds group in many ways, but at least in this previous incident from what I hear he threw them under the bus when it wasn't even necessary and the pent up frustration from others in that general group came exploding out. These were all guys who were bffs with Arin for years mind you, so any sense of betrayal and resentment towards him is even bigger due to that.

This has reached a point it's just extremely toxic and if he wants to be as big of a man as he wants to say he is, maybe consider having a sit down with these guys and discussing your feelings in private. Or at least offering to talk and wanting to close off any anger. I suggest Arin do it not because he's at fault, but more because I know the other main players in the fight won't ever come forth to do the same as they see him as being at fault.

You don't need to be bffs with them again, but when all of you are so prominent on the youtube community with fans who are at each other's throats, taking the high road to at least smooth tension might be a good thing. He already has his new social groups, close this chapter in your life properly and try to mend bridges.
I feel like you're personally asking a lot from the other parties involved in this. Especially since some just want to rake Arin and Game Grumps over the coals for any reason. It can a deserved reason yes if you want to go that direction but considering that even after Pelo said that he had no beef with Arin and yet the Internet continued to "defend" Pelo, it's looking like most of this is happening BECAUSE it's Arin. Even if he apologizes and makes amends, it wouldn't change much.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you're personally asking a lot from the other parties involved in this. Especially since some just want to rake Arin and Game Grumps over the coals for any reason. It can a deserved reason yes if you want to go that direction but considering that even after Pelo said that he had no beef with Arin and yet the Internet continued to "defend" Pelo, it's looking like most of this is happening BECAUSE it's Arin. Even if he apologizes and makes amends, it wouldn't change much.
I've seen enough content from general youtube and podcasts surrounding these guys to know that a lot of the people coming at his throat like Oney, Spazkid and other sleepy cabin members used to be really good friends with Arin. This is a tale of your best friend is also your worst enemy. There's always going to be people coming after Arin because they don't personally like him, they are jealous of his success, or are frustrated at what he has become compared to what he used to do. Those he can't do much about.

But something of this magnitude came out because people were calling him out over the newgrounds crew bus throwing. Some people get really attached to their internet 'stars' and want to be just as mad with Arin for all of the behind the scenes drama as folks like Oney and Spaz are. Remember that just a few years ago Oney, Spaz and Rice pirate were regular guests on Game Grumps live action bits and even as guests in gameplay segments. Calming down the flames with at least the newgrounds crew could go a long way.

And if he truly is done with them and it's not just an attitude he picked up from the fight, then so be it. Folks grow apart from friends all the time.

Let's not forget that outside of Jon revealing himself to be a massive bigot a few years ago, Arin was ready to make amends considering he appeared in that Star Wars video for Jon. If Jon hadn't then gone to say all the disgusting crap he said later, by all means I think he would have appeared in Game Grumps content as an occasional guest.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I'm watching the Mario Maker stream VOD and a few things...

First, I can't believe I made the same Al-Gore-ithm joke Arin did before I knew Arin made it. I know it's not an original joke, but it's a silly coincidence.

Also, Arin just joked about people trying to cancel him. He made this joke on July 31st, the day before that Sr. Pelo video and all the stupid people tried to get him canceled. Another weird coincidence.

Maybe we are living in a simulation.