• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Can't wait to see paul get a guilty verdict cause arin won't listen to Mia, lol

I'm guessing we won't get more than the first case, but it's fine, it should give us plenty of episodes already!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see paul get a guilty verdict cause arin won't listen to Mia, lol

I'm guessing we won't get more than the first case, but it's fine, it should give us plenty of episodes already!

I hope they do at least the first two cases, if only because I want to see Danny's reaction to
Mia possessing Maya.

Which I imagine will be hilarious.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I hope they will pick the wrong answers at some point, it often contains the funniest lines in the game!

Never play ace attorney without failing everything, that's the only real way to play, lol

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's great that they're finally playing it. The first episode was good, I hope they at least finish the first case.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
This exchange made me lose my shit.

If you scroll down and read Jirard's twitter post, it's like a sitcom of two evil overlords that want to perform a fusion dance to combine their powers to become more effective at torturing their victims.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
They've been pretty good at Ace Attorney so far, it's been nice to see Dan enjoying it and picking up on clues so quick.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Dan's gonna carry these cases so hard, lmao

And I like that Ben's edits are getting more subtle. He replaced the painting in today's Ace Attorney video lol

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Yeah, the PW playthrough has been a lot of fun. Although I realized that they haven't tried playing MGS yet.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Dan's gonna carry these cases so hard, lmao

And I like that Ben's edits are getting more subtle. He replaced the painting in today's Ace Attorney video lol
Yeah, his edits on the latest Twilight Princess episodes have been good.
Yeah, the PW playthrough has been a lot of fun. Although I realized that they haven't tried playing MGS yet.
Oh yeah, I would love to see them try MGS at some point.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched their undertale and deltarune stream vods and this is them at their best that I've watched recently. Then I decided I never watched their skyward sword run. And I forget how fucking grating Arin can get when he dislikes a game from the start and supposedly will attempt to be as neutral as possible when playing it. Like at that point just let Dan play Jesus christ. Same shit with majoras mask. It sucks all the fun on what could be Dan forming his own opinion when Arin needs to paint everything negatively.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I love Arin, but sometimes I wish he wouldn't play games he genuinely hates.

Except for sonic, his hatred for sonic fuels me.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I never watched Deltarune because I wanted to play it first, but their Undertale streams have been absolutely wonderful. They both seem to be really enjoying it.

As for Arin hate-playing games, for me it depends on his attitude when it starts. The God of War and Spider-Man episodes were rough because he really didn't want to play those. But I admittedly do love his anger in OoT and MM. I just wish he would have finished MM.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
One thing I wish Arin didn't do is allude to Dan that something is going to happen in the game's story like he is doing with Midna right now. It's like shhhhh, Arin, stop spoiling everything!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At least with Matt and Ryan they try to have fun with each other. In their Sekiro play you have Ryan pretending he has to go to the restroom and gives the controller to Matt like "nothing is going to happen here just go for it" lmao

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Undertale streams have been delightful. I just missed them finish "part 1" of their pacifist run, but apparently Arin beat the final boss on the first try!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
did they reach the end on yesterday's stream? I missed it due to being busy but they uploaded part 3 like late on the week vs early the next i hope they do the same for this one.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Is there a reason they have started just putting the episode number without "Part" before it? It looks odd now.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
So they're kind of considering the idea of replaying Sonic '06. Dan wants too. Arin is a little iffy on it only because of how hard it is at times. They want the Lovelies to decide.

Question is, do we want it? I mean, what did we like about the original? That they were playing the game or that Jon was there? Did we only enjoy it because of Jon and Arin's reactions? Could a Dan and Arin dynamic make it enjoyable?

The original went on for a long time. Maybe if they do they could just do it on streams.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So they're kind of considering the idea of replaying Sonic '06. Dan wants too. Arin is a little iffy on it only because of how hard it is at times. They want the Lovelies to decide.

Question is, do we want it? I mean, what did we like about the original? That they were playing the game or that Jon was there? Did we only enjoy it because of Jon and Arin's reactions? Could a Dan and Arin dynamic make it enjoyable?

The original went on for a long time. Maybe if they do they could just do it on streams.
If you had asked me a few years ago I'd be extremely against the idea because regardless of how I might feel about Jon now, that was the old Grumps' shining moment that would feel undermined if they went at it now with current Grumps.

Now though? While I'm not 100% on board, I'm not against the idea. Only reason I'm not 100% on board is more due to thinking it'll be hard to replicate some of the highs of the OG series and I'd hope that Arin and Dan don't try to replicate the exact moments. But I'm also not against the idea because modern Grumps has had some great sonic moments in other titles.

Nothing says they can't replay Sonic 06. And honestly, fuck Jon and his legacy at this point I can't even watch the old episodes anymore because it angers me to hear him again knowing what hell end up doing.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten to the point where I could outright ignore all of Game Grumps before Dan arrived (especially the original Sonic 06 with "I PUT A HOLE IN THAT -honk-"). I suppose I wouldn't mind if they replayed Sonic 06, but they also... really don't have to.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm torn on this. There's no reason to not play it, but it's going to get compared to the first playthrough constantly.

The best way to do it would be for Dan to play the whole thing himself, without Arin giving too many hints about what's going to happen, but it's Arin, so he'll not shut up talking about what's coming next lol.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'd probably be down for a new Sonic '06 playthrough. I didn't even put it together that it was played with Jon, so now I understand Arin's apprehension. I think I'd only be down for it if Arin is enthusiastic about it. Otherwise nah, skip.

Unless Danny plays it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It's one of those games that just isn't fun to revisit. Ignoring how awful it is, in my experience the novelty of how bad it is wears off as you go through. By the time I reached the end, I was basically numb to anything ridiculous that happened.

I honestly can't see Arin enjoying it now the novelty of how bad it can get has gone.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
They have a new editor, and it seems that the new titles are his prerogative. His name is Ben, but unfortunately that's all I know.
Yeah I guess it is just his thing.

Anyway, I would probably say no to Sonic 06, I feel like they would be trying to make it as memorable as when Arin played it back in 2012, and it will just come off as unnatural. I also want them to finish Sonic Adventure 2.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I think if they do in on streams, I'd be cool with it. As it is now with their 1 video a day, I'd rather they focus on Phoenix Wright, Twilight Princess and Sonic Adventure 2.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Hopefully Sega puts out a new terrible Sonic game soon. Sonic Forces was a year and a half ago now, right?

EDIT: To be more clear, I'd prefer they keep moving forward rather than revisiting games, especially when a trash new Sonic is all but guaranteed (and their Forces playthrough was great).

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I think if they do in on streams, I'd be cool with it. As it is now with their 1 video a day, I'd rather they focus on Phoenix Wright, Twilight Princess and Sonic Adventure 2.
Think this is where I stand right now. Too many long play throughs, and Sonic 06 was their longest running series for years. Even as a stream, it's probably too long. It's taken them almost a month to get the neutral ending to Undertale... It'd be like 3 straight months of streaming at least to take on 06.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Think this is where I stand right now. Too many long play throughs, and Sonic 06 was their longest running series for years. Even as a stream, it's probably too long. It's taken them almost a month to get the neutral ending to Undertale... It'd be like 3 straight months of streaming at least to take on 06.
Yeah, it seems like they just "fill in the blanks" with streaming occasionally since they are super busy all the time.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
im surprised they havent turned to full time streamers by now. The amount of money the streams bring in over the regular videos must be huge right?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
im surprised they havent turned to full time streamers by now. The amount of money the streams bring in over the regular videos must be huge right?
I think the reason they don't is because they do a lot of non-Let's Play videos and streaming every day would cut into that. Judging by what date stuff they do mention (like Game of Thrones just ending) they produce GG episodes many weeks in advance. Filming 2-3 weeks worth in just a couple days frees them to work on their other projects (and they are going on tour again which makes streaming harder as well)

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
On the fourth Undertale stream, and man, it's getting kind of frustrating, lol. Now that it's been out for years, I was hoping the people running chat (I've never watched their streams before and I haven't kept up with the channel a ton lately so I'm not familiar with everyone) would have known to simply let them play the game instead of falling prey to the usual "NO DO THIS AND DO THIS" stuff. Still, I'm mostly enjoying it. Hope I can catch some of the last stream live later today.

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
On the fourth Undertale stream, and man, it's getting kind of frustrating, lol. Now that it's been out for years, I was hoping the people running chat (I've never watched their streams before and I haven't kept up with the channel a ton lately so I'm not familiar with everyone) would have known to simply let them play the game instead of falling prey to the usual "NO DO THIS AND DO THIS" stuff. Still, I'm mostly enjoying it. Hope I can catch some of the last stream live later today.
Yeah... really should have just had Arin and Dan away from any way to see chat and maybe have Allie on standby with a walk through just in case.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I don't see that happening. Arin and Dan tend to be busy with a whole bunch of stuff, and it seems like they much prefer the freedom to record a chunk of GG/10MPH in a day just to be done with it.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm pretty sure Arin wants them to make sure he does everything because he wants to see it all. I think they've handled a lot of stuff properly. They sure figured out the piano puzzle pretty quickly.

Arin already knew the basics anyway. He's fine with some spoiling. He's still having fun. I really want them to get back to it again. They still haven't started Genocide and that's gonna be fun to watch.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They still haven't started Genocide and that's gonna be fun to watch.

I dunno, I remember Genocide with Ross and Barry being kind of a drag, since Genocide is both difficult and kind of tedious.
I am loving this run, though. For the first time ever, I'm going to try to tune in live to watch them play today.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see them enjoying genocide for similar reasons as me. They're such pure hearted boys that a run you have to
murder everybody you grew to love on pacifist
is insane.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arin is literally a few turns away from finishing the final boss and just stops to say

"I don't get it, what's happening?"