• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they switch to switching between Sekiro and Sonic each day. I'm eager to see how much Arin will love Security Hall.

I get the impression they're just dipping their toes in Sekiro for now, maybe waiting for a stream to really dive in. Plus it seemed Arin was just messing around and still trying to figure it out as kind of a test on how it plays as a Grump endeavor.

If not, then that's a bummer and one of the bad aspects of only one episode a day now. I liked it when they'd have one pretty serious playthrough alongside some goofy garbage game.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I get the impression they're just dipping their toes in Sekiro for now, maybe waiting for a stream to really dive in. Plus it seemed Arin was just messing around and still trying to figure it out as kind of a test on how it plays as a Grump endeavor.

If not, then that's a bummer and one of the bad aspects of only one episode a day now. I liked it when they'd have one pretty serious playthrough alongside some goofy garbage game.
That and they can have a long running series and still have a quick one-off or versus episode

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They had a heartfelt talk in todays sonic video, and I gotta say mad respect for Dan and Arin being open about that stuff.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
They had a heartfelt talk in todays sonic video, and I gotta say mad respect for Dan and Arin being open about that stuff.
Pro: extremely nuanced and respectful conversation about a hot topic that doesn't take an extreme position while also not veering towards patronizing centrist stuff

Con: "let's look up where the emerald pieces are" COME ONNNNN

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Arinze chucked a chao egg to open it. Good, maybe the chao will suffer.
Pro: extremely nuanced and respectful conversation about a hot topic that doesn't take an extreme position while also not veering towards patronizing centrist stuff

Con: "let's look up where the emerald pieces are" COME ONNNNN
To be fair, the emerald radar got a whole lot stupider from Adventure 1 to 2 since the radar is locked to one piece at a time.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
They have a poster that comes with the album preorder that they showed off and it looks pretty damn cool too.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I never got super into the Game Grumps series until recently, heck I never even listened to any of Starbomb's music except for Luigi's Ballad.

So why do I want to preorder the new Starbomb album???

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I never got super into the Game Grumps series until recently, heck I never even listened to any of Starbomb's music except for Luigi's Ballad.

It's pretty much a video game parody band. So if you like that, you might like Starbomb. Either way, I'd say give both albums a listen. They both are on YouTube in their entirety. There are a few good track on each. "Regretroid" is pretty good. Plus it seems like the third album is going to have TWRP join them, so that should give them a better sound.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

If you haven't checked them out yet Ninja Sex Party and TWRP are both amazing bands too, same with Planet Booty if you need some positive funk in your life.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so I'm watching NSP on Conan, and man Danny is nervous af. At the point of this clip, his hand is super shakey grabbing the mic

man I love nsp

ninja brian holding the cue cards upside down is still such a good moment

why are dannny and arin so affable. Like, fuck, they're so good. They're one of the only good youtubers on the damn site. They talk through shit, ya know? Fuck Pewdiepie and jonton, and boogie, and all the rest. Arin and danny are pure and I support them 100%

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
so I'm watching NSP on Conan, and man Danny is nervous af. At the point of this clip, his hand is super shakey grabbing the mic

man I love nsp

why are dannny and arin so affable. Like, fuck, they're so good. They're one of the only good youtubers on the damn site. They talk through shit, ya know? Fuck Pewdiepie and jonton, and boogie, and all the rest. Arin and danny are pure and I support them 100%

They are my favorite youtubers for a reason. They're not perfect, but when they get called out on inappropriate jokes they tend apologize instead of doubling down.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I was actually just thinking about this yesterday. It was a good thing Jon left because Arin and Dan seem to have a legit chemistry and they care for each other. And of course fuck Jon for his racist shit, of course.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They care about other people and what they think.

They don't have huge egos. Coming from nearly nothing does that for (most) people.

They took classes on how to be entertaining and understand comedy and just how to communicate as performers. That shows they give a shit and not half-assing it and, more importantly thanks to caring what others think and not having ego, know how to adjust if something doesn't land or work.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Wow, they replayed Donkey Kong's Crash Course. That was one of my most favorite rewatchable episodes from the JonTron days. Barry made his mark back then when they had him put in a MIDI version of Ace of Base during a fast-forward.

You know what? I'd have absolutely no problem if Arin decided to replay Goof Troop with Danny. That was my other favorite Jon series. And Danny has shown numerous times that he can be a lot of fun to watch play Co-Op games. Especially if there's trolling involved.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

man I love nsp

Somecallmejohnny too. He actually apologized for a transphobic joke he made years ago in a Pokemon video. He could have just ignored it completely, but going back to his older videos and criticizing himself shows he cares. Him and Game Grumps are the best Youtubers in my eyes.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just was rewatching Danny Don't You Know with my wife Alice Malice and it got me wondering. Is there an official reason Danny changed his Star of David to a more generic star in his latest Danny Sexbang costume?

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Never realized how much I desperately want a Donkey Kong Crash course game on iOS until now

Nintendo please

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the Deltarune streams recently, gosh the playthrough is so damn GOOD

I fucking love when both of them get super invested into a game. Especially that part when Susie attacks Lancer and Arin's just going "noooooooooo don't hurt him" ITS SO PURE

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I am going to watch the Jamie Lee Curtis Guest Grumps episode MANY times. Jamie was an absolute delight! What a hoot.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
The Brian Regan episode from yesterday kinda sucked. I feel like it would have been better to just do a podcast format or just talk while one person plays. Like the Dan Harmon episode.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he Brian Regan episode from yesterday kinda sucked.

Yeah, Brian just wasn't in to it and you could tell he's there for his son. Which is cool and all but he's not out there wanting to perform and just out of his element. Stand up is one thing, sitting and playing a game you've never played while trying to talk is another.

That being said, some things just don't work at all like today's Jimmy Jamboree episode. I watched maybe 10 minutes and I think I'm good.

How in the world do they clean that table every week?

I feel they just buy cheap ikea tables they don't mind getting trashed.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Yeah, Brian just wasn't in to it and you could tell he's there for his son. Which is cool and all but he's not out there wanting to perform and just out of his element. Stand up is one thing, sitting and playing a game you've never played while trying to talk is another.

That being said, some things just don't work at all like today's Jimmy Jamboree episode. I watched maybe 10 minutes and I think I'm good.
Yeah. There were huge swaths of time where Brian didn't say anything and it was just Arin, Danny and Christopher talking. I hope if they have him on again, he can just sit back and shoot the shit with them.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
It's good to try something new occasionally, but yeah I wasn't feeling the Jimmy episode. I hope their fans don't get obnoxious about hating it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This probably says how low brow my humor is, but I could not stop laughing at the Jimmy Jamboree episode.

That said they should have done a goof where he coughed or something and went back to Arin's normal voice.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy is great in spurts during a show, a whole ep is another thing.

So let's see how today is....uh oh....

He never gets around to playing the game, which might be funny but the 'character' (?) is pretty bad.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jimmy is great in spurts during a show, a whole ep is another thing.

So let's see how today is....uh oh....

He never gets around to playing the game, which might be funny but the 'character' (?) is pretty bad.

The character was absolutely hilarious

I loved the commit to the bit that he was form North Carolina. Like that really explains everything lmao

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
These character episodes are the worst they've ever put out. They're both downvoted more than normal but not as much as I expected. I know the audience skews young and will like anything but man it's so bad...

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been avoiding everything theyve been uploading because the names are weird so

Im glad I wasnt wrong in doing so

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I thought maybe they were trying something new, but it feels like Dan is busy so Arin quickly put something together.

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
I loved the Jimmy Jamboree episode but couldn't stick with the Franklin one for any more than 5 minutes. I think it's because I've always liked when Arin does characters with the voice he used for Jimmy.