• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I've just watched the episodes. It seems like he likes the game. But am I wrong? I seem to remember them playing the game on the Wii U and he didn't like it? Or did he just not like the Wii version?

Also, off topic side note: Is there anything new in this game that the Wii U versions (Both together) don't have? Aside from being able to pick Luigi in a single-player game which fucking should have been there from the start but it's not worth $60 to me. I already own both games.
I don't think you're missing much unless you *really* want to play those games on the Switch for whatever reason.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, off topic side note: Is there anything new in this game that the Wii U versions (Both together) don't have? Aside from being able to pick Luigi in a single-player game which fucking should have been there from the start but it's not worth $60 to me. I already own both games.

If you own the original(s) it's definitely not worth $60. As far as I can tell, Toadette/Peachette is the only real addition, and she's hilariously broken.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't think you're missing much unless you *really* want to play those games on the Switch for whatever reason.
If you own the original(s) it's definitely not worth $60. As far as I can tell, Toadette/Peachette is the only real addition, and she's hilariously broken.
Pretty much my only draw is wanting to play as Luigi.

But after finding out that Luigi in NSMBU is just a palette swap of Mario without his signature high jump (That he HAS in Luigi U for fucks sakes) it's like what's the damn point? Even Peach(ette) gets her signature float doesn't she? Ever since SMB2(USA) all the characters should retain their signature moves. High jumping Luigi, floating Peach and super fast Toad. But I am ranting now. It's stupid. Luigi should jump high. There should be a strategy to choosing your character. Oh well. Not worth the $60. I might as well just replay the Wii U version again. Fuck, even in 3D World they all had their signature moves. Okay rant over. Not gonna bother investing in this. Will wait for the (hopefully) inevitable Switch sequel.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I think it was the Wii version that Arin and Jon tore apart.

As for extra content, I think it's just Toadette and the Peach crown powerup.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After a long and difficult day, watching Danny play Dragon's Lair is just what the doctor ordered.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Arin also teased at the end that this is "only the beginning," which makes me think they're gonna do Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace, which got me super excited, because those games are both completely nutbar insane next to Dragon's Lair 1.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Arin tweeted to the RLM guys to try and get in contact with them. Would be interesting to see what he wants to do with them seeing how the only real people who have been interested in doing some kind of content with them are Rich and Jack during their game streams but it was more of comments here and there.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WELP, IT'S HAPPENING

Dan Salvato, (who made the P is for Pain level they played on Grumps and oh also I guess a little game no one played called Doki Doki Literature Club) had this to say:

And so Ross began collecting allies:

Dan is not opposed to the concept:

Game Grumps in June/July is gonna be amazing.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"once i had a beyblad but no one else had one so i had no one to fight and i was lonely"

oof, I know that feel. think it was my 12th bday I wanted a Laser Tag gun with the walkie talkies, but I hadn't taken into consideration that I'd need more than one gun to play with my friends lmao

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TheO(ne)G(un)B(uddy)
zeIdfYx.gif

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm kinda disappointed they accidentally stumbled their way through the shortcuts in NSMBU. They skipped everything from halfway through the forest to halfway through the cloud world not even realizing it. Then even skipped most of the final world all because they somehow stumbled onto the secret exits. Didn't even see the water world, which would have been better than the ice world (IMHO) or any of the mountain top world. And not once did Danny "panic bubble" which would have saved him so many times. lol

By contrast, PB&Jeff are playing totally differently, despite not knowing as much about the game as Arin.

Last edited:

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'm kinda disappointed they accidentally stumbled their way through the shortcuts in NSMBU. They skipped everything from halfway through the forest to halfway through the cloud world not even realizing it. Then even skipped most of the final world all because they somehow stumbled onto the secret exits. Didn't even see the water world, which would have been better than the ice world (IMHO) or any of the mountain top world. And not once did Danny "panic bubble" which would have saved him so many times. lol

By contrast, PB&Jeff are playing totally differently, despite not knowing as much about the game as Arin.
Welp... they are back continuing what they missed. A "new" series started with what they missed.

Also, I hope this series did well enough for them. I know they've said before that long series don't seem to do as well anymore.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Welp... they are back continuing what they missed. A "new" series started with what they missed.

Also, I hope this series did well enough for them. I know they've said before that long series don't seem to do as well anymore.
I'm sure if it wasn't doing well enough they'd have moved it to streams. I'm always up for more Mario. Especially co-op Mario with Danny being a troll. 3D World will always be GOAT.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Their play fighting during NSMBU was great. I hope they play NSLU pretty soon. If the levels are different enough anyway.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dan: We went snorkeling!
Me: Oh that sounds interesting, I wonder how that--
Arin: Yeah I like pegging
Me: wh--oh

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's certainly not the first time he's alluded to it (maybe the first time he's almost outright said it) but the swerve in the conversation was hilarious

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
So I can't remember which video it was, but there was one where Danny talked about getting a BJ with a lady and she slipped a finger in his butt.

I was like DAN get your continuity straight GOD.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Their play fighting during NSMBU was great. I hope they play NSLU pretty soon. If the levels are different enough anyway.
The levels in Luigi are all completely new, they're shorter, but they're themed after the original so it still feels the same and works with the same overworld map. It's meant for speeding through the levels as fast as you can. You only get 100 seconds so it's all rapid fire.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaron recorded a song for Sonic Team racing!?!?

The clips they showed of him singing were actually pretty decent for a butt rock song.