• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
These zelda playthroughs are pretty sad, especially since he's following a guide and still struggles

They only do the Zelda playthroughs because they get hits. After the reveal of why they stopped the Detroit playthrough it has become a sad thing.

Guys like Markiplier, JackSepticEye and even Suzi have the advatage of playing whatever they want and getting hits .

The Grumps require Arin raging and missing tutorial aspects. While Dan remains chill. Anything else results in low views and requires them to move to different game.

The only outliers are when Dan plays games instead of Arin.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
They only do the Zelda playthroughs because they get hits. After the reveal of why they stopped the Detroit playthrough it has become a sad thing.

Guys like Markiplier, JackSepticEye and even Suzi have the advatage of playing whatever they want and getting hits .

The Grumps require Arin raging and missing tutorial aspects. While Dan remains chill. Anything else results in low views and requires them to move to different game.

The only outliers are when Dan plays games instead of Arin.
Do you remember where this was stated? It makes perfect sense, but this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I read that they stopped playing Detroit because Suzy overwrite the save when she started playing it on her channel. But I dunno if that's true or not.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It was somewhere in the early skyward sword playthrough. They were talkinf about everyone wanting them to continue Detroit but the views on the videos were way lower than their averages.

Arin said something like "if you want us to continue it watch the videos and then get your friends to watch the videos"

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I read that they stopped playing Detroit because Suzy overwrite the save when she started playing it on her channel. But I dunno if that's true or not.
They mentioned that they thought it also might be the case but they weren't 100% positive. But Arin also said that even if that was, then it wouldn't take long to get back to what they did.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I always give Arin the benefit of the doubt on playthroughs. It can be hard to stay focused with a game, do it well and also talk/be conversation/be funny while doing so.

But dayum this Zelda playthrough is rough. Skyward Sword already has a fairly sloggy/dull gameplay design, lots of tedium and backtracking, but there's been barely any progress for the past few episodes even with a walkthrough.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I always give Arin the benefit of the doubt on playthroughs. It can be hard to stay focused with a game, do it well and also talk/be conversation/be funny while doing so.

But dayum this Zelda playthrough is rough. Skyward Sword already has a fairly sloggy/dull gameplay design, lots of tedium and backtracking, but there's been barely any progress for the past few episodes even with a walkthrough.
I dunno, Skyward Sword is one of the least sloggy and backtracky 3D Zeldas. The areas are designed like dungeons where you have to find your way forward and solve puzzles along the way.

All of the keys in this part are in areas you haven't been yet. Arin dowses for the key and sees it's off to the East. You open up the map and see there's a path to that area.
2Q096il.jpg

Arin instead repeatedly jumps into the lava.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, Skyward Sword is one of the least sloggy and backtracky 3D Zeldas.

If you have a walkthrough it's totally straightforward, but if not you're running around doing the same crap over and over again to figure it out.

And is Arin going to every learn his lesson on the sail cloth? He keeps slamming into the ground, losing hearts, then is shocked (schocked!) when he gets hit once and dies.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's Arin playing Zelda. What else do you expect?

Also, that sailcloth thing is amazing. He spends the first few times using it complaining how it always comes out on its own... then as soon as the game actually requires it, he totally ignores the prompt and slams face first into the ground. Every. Single. Time.

Classic Zelda Arin.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
If you have a walkthrough it's totally straightforward, but if not you're running around doing the same crap over and over again to figure it out.

And is Arin going to every learn his lesson on the sail cloth? He keeps slamming into the ground, losing hearts, then is shocked (schocked!) when he gets hit once and dies.
You don't need a walkthrough. The game's areas are very well design and they don't overdo it with telling you how to navigate them but give you plenty of optional help.

This is like the complete opposite of Twilight Princess, where the areas are all very bland but they make you do several backtracking fetch quests between each dungeon:

TP: Beat Forest Temple -> Hyrule Field -> Back to Faron to get bridge -> Eldin -> Kakariko/Death Mountain bug hunt -> Tame epona -> Back to Ordon to sumo wrestle for iron boots -> Back to Kakariko -> Save kids from bulbins -> Climb death mountain again stopping every minute to sumo gorons -> Sumo wrestle Goron elder -> Goron Mines

SS: Beat Skyview Temple -> Return to Skyloft to put tablet in statue -> Go to Eldin and climb volcano -> Find 5 key shards -> Earth Temple

Regarding the sailcloth, Arin is doing it on purpose to prove that the game does it for you even though it only does it for you in situations where it'd be annoying to ask the player do it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need a walkthrough. The game's areas are very well design and they don't overdo it with telling you how to navigate them but give you plenty of optional help.

It's hard to say the game doesn't overdo it on telling you what to do when Fi is literally telling you what to do most of the time

And while SS is more linear than other Zelda games, so going back and forth in an overworld isn't an issue, the maps themselves are full of branching paths that cause one to go over and over them on a tedious fetchquest. We've already seen it twice during Arin's playthrough, mostly surrounding the poor dowsing mechanic.

Maybe Ryan getting lost in the latest Power Hour was a good thing considering Arin would of probably tried to ingest the dye.

After what i saw during the baking challenges, I think Arin would eat anything so you're probably right.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
What even is this Power Hour episode? OMG this is amazing.

Anyway, about that cup... I don't even remember looking at the cup.

Also, I really like the Jurassic Park episodes but I hate that the other two are on another channel. Nothing against Yogscast, they just don't put anything out I want to watch so I don't even subscribe to them. Is the fourth episode even out yet? I don't even know.

And yea, Arin would definitely eat the paint.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
What even is this Power Hour episode? OMG this is amazing.

Anyway, about that cup... I don't even remember looking at the cup.

Also, I really like the Jurassic Park episodes but I hate that the other two are on another channel. Nothing against Yogscast, they just don't put anything out I want to watch so I don't even subscribe to them. Is the fourth episode even out yet? I don't even know.

And yea, Arin would definitely eat the paint.

Yep! It's out and on their channel. It was hilarious.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Fourth one wasn't quite as funny but good to watch to wrap it all up.
I'm surprised the Grumps won that one. I thought they were just doing a bit where each team won depending on which channel the episode was on. But the Grumps won the last episode on the Yogscast channel.

Double post, but this is important.

Haha, the comments are already full of Arin and Grumps shoutouts.

Also, where have I heard this song before? (I haven't watched the episode yet)

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
When does everyone normally watch Grumps? I like to watch after I get home from work to de-stress. And I sometimes marathon older series that I hadn't seen before on the weekends.

And of course when I drink I often will watch 1,000 game grumps animated videos.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watch the new eps when they go up during the week, usually at work sometimes at a cafe if I'm there. Weekends are hit and miss but I'll get caught up Monday if I miss some.

I haven't binged an older series in a while, love watching one offs randomly though.

I kind of wiss the Grumps had a site that organized thier videos better with links to them , YouTube isn't great at that.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Dan mentioned it in one of the videos but Arin kind of said it wouldn't be a big deal for them to get back to where they left off, off-screen. But at the same time they also said because the videos got lower-than-expected views they probably wouldn't continue it anyway.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
When does everyone normally watch Grumps? I like to watch after I get home from work to de-stress. And I sometimes marathon older series that I hadn't seen before on the weekends.

And of course when I drink I often will watch 1,000 game grumps animated videos.
I usually watch them while I'm eating my breakfast if I'm not working that day, if I am, I usually watch them after work with my lunch. I usually watch their videos just before bed too.

Dan mentioned it in one of the videos but Arin kind of said it wouldn't be a big deal for them to get back to where they left off, off-screen. But at the same time they also said because the videos got lower-than-expected views they probably wouldn't continue it anyway.
That's fair enough, I guess.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA

Usually just listen to them on my phone while I'm at work. The commentary is the only part that matters to me.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With most things on YouTube, I usually watch during dinner, in bed before going to sleep, or at my earliest convenience thereafter. I've had numerous Grumps-related dreams from falling asleep during an episode, lol.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I just noticed the image for Dan when you search him lol. It's like a drawing of him as a samurai or something.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Don't worry, guys. Beedle avoids paying taxes by not living on the main island. He lives far away on an isolated island, but you'll never figure that out because you don't realize he has a bed in his shop. Not that it matters. All that's there is a Goddess Chest.

Also, shoutout to TechMoan. <3

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The new Game Grumps animated... I love it. I thought I had missed that episode, but turns out the animator took the dialogue out of context lol.

Deleted member 3542

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new Game Grumps animated... I love it. I thought I had missed that episode, but turns out the animator took the dialogue out of context lol.

I love it when they do that. Anyone can animate them playing the game or in the game, but to comb through a dialogue exchange and totally turn it into something else is just another level.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Doodle Date was an...experience. I really was not expecting that. But so hilarious.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The ending to Doodle Date was amazing. I was not expecting such twists.

If they play it again, I hope Dan takes the turn to draw.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I love Game Grump's one-offs the best and I wish they'd dedicate a day every week to them to make sure they don't have a whole week or just two series, which has happened in the past. If you're not into either of the running series you're pretty screwed on having videos to watch.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I love Game Grump's one-offs the best and I wish they'd dedicate a day every week to them to make sure they don't have a whole week or just two series, which has happened in the past. If you're not into either of the running series you're pretty screwed on having videos to watch.
I agree with this.