• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

They are looking for people from all backgrounds, from programming to artists. The 23 new employees will join the team to "create a new entry in the Pokémon core series".

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Their last official number puts them at 143 (as of December 2019). I always felt they were a bit small for the kind of output they are aiming for.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna march in and tell them straight to their faces.

GEN 9. ONE GAME ONLY. LET PLAYERS CHOOSE TO START ON OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE REGION. BATTLE GYMS IN ANY ORDER AND HAVE THEM SCALE IN DIFFICULTY.

Before I say anything else, I'm kicked out.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
God I want to love Pokemon again. Nothing regarding this developer gives me hope. Hopefully these 23 people can fully apply their schooling and work experience to Pokemon. Though I have a feeling they will have to relearn all that they knew and loved because of some antiquated engines and policies that GameFreak got floating around their offices.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Like how Sun and Moon was a big improvement over X and Y, I figure the next ones should be a big improvement over Sword and Shield

Oh, I expect the same level of improvement, and it's going to be glorious.

I can't wait to be blown away by what they come up with, while at the same time being disgusted by one or two idiotic decisions they took for no reason at all!

Being a Pokémon fan is hard.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I expect the same level of improvement, and it's going to be glorious.

I can't wait to be blown away by what they come up with, while at the same time being disgusted by one or two idiotic decisions they took for no reason at all!

Being a Pokémon fan is hard.
It's one reason why I didn't bother with Sword and Shield. The other being that I'm not that big on Pokemon :P

That sounds like a Pokemon game alright. In my case, I think a more engaging cast of characters, sidequests, and varied environments would be enough to win me over, even with some missteps here and there. That was perhaps my biggest issue with X and Y. I found it all so...dull and bland. One of the most mediocre games I think I've played

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
awesome. i'm hoping they get it right with the D/P remakes. gen 4 remains my favorite and i think Sinnoh is a beautiful region.

edit: ...unless they're going straight to gen 9? could they?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm hoping they just skip to Gen 9. I don't have faith in hypothetical D/P remakes by current day Game Freak being enjoyable.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
awesome. i'm hoping they get it right with the D/P remakes. gen 4 remains my favorite and i think Sinnoh is a beautiful region.

edit: ...unless they're going straight to gen 9? could they?

they could, we dont know - gen 4 remake will happen definitly imo question is when

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they could, we dont know - gen 4 remake will happen definitly imo question is when
i just think they're gonna reuse the current engine and assets (hopefully with more wild areas) for those remakes.

holy shit they are making a new pokemon game.
1408886178156p8kk0.gif

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm hoping they just skip to Gen 9. I don't have faith in hypothetical D/P remakes by current day Game Freak being enjoyable.

As much as I love Gen IV and would want the best for their remakes, they're long overdue now. I just want them now to kill the waiting.

We can get the better games for Johto or Gen V remakes, which will take even longer, the more they keep delaying the inevitable Sinnoh remakes.

Jun 2, 2019
that's the ideal scenario but game freak is never gonna do that.

Who knows. They obviously like the idea and as a result we're getting two expansions that build over what they got on base SwSh.

I think it is completely feasible, and something they may actually be working on.

EXHk0uuUwAA7mbo

ORAS had some great new features (that of course will never see the light of day again) but screwing up the Battle Frontier and blaming it on smartphones was pretty shitty. Wouldn't be suprised if that ruined the remake for a lot of people.

I'm sorry man but you can never use the Battle frontier to tell me that ORAS is worse than the originals. I never liked the battle frontier to begin with and never understood what people like about it, so ORAS cutting out that fat in favor of post-game story and legendary catching was and is a huge plus for me.

And i'll add, AFTER replaying the originals in a pre-SwSh marathon, god bless the existence of ORAS, gen 6 was the perfect foundation to make Hoenn into something enjoyable.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Their last official number puts them at 143 (as of December 2019). I always felt they were a bit small for the kind of output they are aiming for.

Yes, but (even if I know that they are NOT properly "Nintendo") this is common among "Nintendo" developers
Even Monolith Soft (if you look at the scope of their games) are still very small (despite all the new hires done in the past few months)
Even the Zelda team that made Botw, compared to how many people work on a single Ubisoft open wold game...are veeery small
btw, good news.