• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't Boss Key Productions close down before the Disney buy out last year?

tenor.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the timeline really doesn't make sense here. BKP shut down before it was clear that Disney was able to buy 20th Century.

It can still be true (talks could have stopped when the discussion of selling their film studios started) and he's just making it easier for people to understand.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
"Were in talks" could literally mean anything. Might have been nothing more than a simple pitch.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I totally read that as "new lewd alien fps" and I was really confused why the Disney buyout mattered.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Today I learned that buyouts between major global corporations happen in one day and don't take over a year after agreements and signed contracts to even get approved by the federal government to avoid monopolies.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
There's so much BS to parse here. What timeline does Cliffy live in?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People in fox were surely already splitting attention/making decisions on approving projects up to a year before the buyout really happened, so the "lost in the shuffle" isnt really as implausible as you guys are trying to make it seem. It's not that uncommon in business for somebody to keep delaying meetings with you because theyre busy and new things came up, and then 6 months later find out what those things were.

(that said i bet this was in super early stages and had a 0.1% chance of closing the deal regardless of what happened with disney, cliffy is probably wildly exaggerating)

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Disney was like, "Whoa, whoa whoa, that's way too woke!"

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
The important thing to quote is the FIRST tweet:

"we were in talks to do a new game in the Aliens franchise with Fox."

IN TALKS does not mean in production. Cliff could likely rattle off dozens of publishers he's ever been in talks with about stuff scribbled on a pad of notebook paper with a couple of "ooh it'd be cool if we got paid to do this" renders that never went anywhere. This is not the same as a greenlit prototype getting canned by corporate ambivalence.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is becoming the Zack Snyder of gaming

"Look at all this cool stuff that I never did but i did think about it once, trust me it would have been amazing"

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All that being said, I wouldn't mind an Alien: Isolation type game starring adult Newt.

I'm legit curious which franchise has the most "ignore everything after the second one" reboots and redos: Terminator or Aliens?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That would explain why Fox stopped responding to all my fanfiction proposals around that time too

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
IN TALKS does not mean in production. Cliff could likely rattle off dozens of publishers he's ever been in talks with about stuff scribbled on a pad of notebook paper with a couple of "ooh it'd be cool if we got paid to do this" renders that never went anywhere. This is not the same as a greenlit prototype getting canned by corporate ambivalence.

This would seem likely given the nature of one Cliffy B.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
God Cliffy B needs to take a break from Twitter. I guess he doesn't like being irrelevant but he is just making himself look worse every day.