• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
FF7 showing this year was fantastic.

Hopefully they'll release all the episodes in a timely manner so that I can play it all at once in the near future~~~

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I remember there being a lot of stuff I was excited about at E3 but... looking at that list of nominees it seems like it was shit, actually? Did they just pick really bad noms?

John Wick Hex better be damned amazing for it to beat out Fire Emblem.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
giphy.gif

First JRPG to win Best of Show! Congrats Final Fantasy VII!

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
John Wick Hex winning best strategy game has me fucking hyped.

Any word on that console version? Perfect game to play on Switch.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Square-Enix. Final Fantasy VII Remake was clearly the game of the show!
So it deserves the "Best of Show, Best Console Game, and Best RPG Game" wins :)

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised with FFVII Remake, it looked great and there was nothing but positive things said about it.

Good job Square.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Fire Emblem: Three Houses was robbed.
Weird that Fire Emblem: Three Houses didn't win Best Strategy Game (which it was indeed nominated for). I would think that it would be a total shoe-in. Is the John Wick game really that good?
I remember there being a lot of stuff I was excited about at E3 but... looking at that list of nominees it seems like it was shit, actually? Did they just pick really bad noms?

John Wick Hex better be damned amazing for it to beat out Fire Emblem.

Agreed. I think they probably evaluated John Wick more favorably for being more original, which normally I'd understand... but Three Houses is also doing a lot of cool new things that shake up the traditional FE formula. And when John Wick only looked alright to me, whereas Fire Emblem looked phenomenal...I don't think Wick's slight edge in originality trumps every other quality.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Best Original Game
The Outer Worlds
(Obsidian/Private Division for PC, PS4, Xbox)

Best Strategy Game
John Wick Hex
(Bithell Games/Good Sheperd for Mac, PC)

really?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Weird that Fire Emblem: Three Houses didn't win Best Strategy Game (which it was indeed nominated for). I would think that it would be a total shoe-in. Is the John Wick game really that good?
Totally different strokes for different folks. I personally like Fire Emblem more because it's a lot more robust than John Wick.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Best Original Game
The Outer Worlds
(Obsidian/Private Division for PC, PS4, Xbox)

Best Strategy Game
John Wick Hex
(Bithell Games/Good Sheperd for Mac, PC)

really?

ya rly. John Wick Hex is really interesting and presents well at a show like E3. we're all looking fwd to Fire Emblem Switch, but Nintendo didn't make it available in its press-appointments center kiosk. (same issue with Hollow Knight Silksong.)

The Outer Worlds is amazing. Some members of the voting pool got to play a demo they could talk about. Most members of the voting pool got to play a demo that we are still not allowed to write/talk about. That fact is crazy, but the game's spot on this list is all I can say about that.

and if you see a game on the "required hands-on time" list of E3 nominees, and don't see it written about or talked about at any of your favorite sites and channels, you can read between the lines there.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Fully deserved for FFVII Remake. :)

It's a dream coming true for me and it looks amazing even without any nostalgia.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
The Outer Worlds is amazing. Some members of the voting pool got to play a demo they could talk about. Most members of the voting pool got to play a demo that we are still not allowed to write/talk about. That fact is crazy, but the game's spot on this list is all I can say about that.

ah ok ! didn't know that.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
ah ok ! didn't know that.

This kinda thing happens often enough. Sometimes, E3 judges get to play something that's meant for an "exclusive reveal" at one specific outlet, but we don't find that out until said outlet posts a story, weeks or months later. Other times, a gameplay portion has too many bugs or unfinished elements to be deemed suitable for an article. And still other times, publishers just be trippin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Best Family game - Luigis Mansion 3 ? lol guess they dont want Nintendo to skip e3 as well.

Grats to SE and 7Remake - well deserved.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Wow Game Critics do not fell for the Cyber Punk hype. Congrats to FF7R team the game demo was outstanding .