• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I'm about to finish Belmont's Revenge after having finished The Adventure from the same Anniversary Collection and it has left me wanting to play more GB/GBA games on my tv.

I know there's the other Castlevania collection out there but what other games are available? I think there's a collection with some mana/FF legends games on it but is there anything else?
Is there anything on PS2/3?

I should note I am aware of the Wii U virtual console. How's the emulation there? I'll likely end up grabbing most of what's there.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
all of them

www.resetera.com

MiSTer FPGA System

MiSTeR is an open source reproduction/emulation project designed around the FPGA equipped Terasic DE10-nano. It is still early days, but there are already a ton of awesome cores for things like the NES, Genesis, Turbografx16, MSX, and plenty of arcade games. The main components you will need...
www.resetera.com

Analogue Pocket |OT| OS 2.0 Dropped OT

Price $199 $219 [Due to increased component cost] Pre-orders Coming Back Soon™ (Pre-orders are charged immediately upon ordering) Pre-order Windows Dec 2021, Q1 2022, Q4 2022, 2023 Screen 3.5", 615 ppi, LCD. 1600x1440 resolution, 10x the resolution of an original Game Boy (160x144)...

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
I'm about to finish Belmont's Revenge after having finished The Adventure from the same Anniversary Collection and it has left me wanting to play more GB/GBA games on my tv.

I know there's the other Castlevania collection out there but what other games are available? I think there's a collection with some mana/FF legends games on it but is there anything else?
Is there anything on PS2/3?

I should note I am aware of the Wii U virtual console. How's the emulation there? I'll likely end up grabbing most of what's there.
Wii U virtual console is great IIRC, same with the DS one.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
all of them

www.resetera.com

MiSTer FPGA System

MiSTeR is an open source reproduction/emulation project designed around the FPGA equipped Terasic DE10-nano. It is still early days, but there are already a ton of awesome cores for things like the NES, Genesis, Turbografx16, MSX, and plenty of arcade games. The main components you will need...
www.resetera.com

Analogue Pocket |OT| OS 2.0 Dropped OT

Price $199 $219 [Due to increased component cost] Pre-orders Coming Back Soon™ (Pre-orders are charged immediately upon ordering) Pre-order Windows Dec 2021, Q1 2022, Q4 2022, 2023 Screen 3.5", 615 ppi, LCD. 1600x1440 resolution, 10x the resolution of an original Game Boy (160x144)...
Where's the storefront for the games?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Shantae is a GBC game that's on Switch and will be arriving to the other platforms and PC soon.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The Disney Classics collection has Lion King, Aladdin, and Jungle Book GB/GBC games. They're... not the best, but the nostalgia is nice.

Unfortunately the biggest amount of GB/GBC games is on the 3DS VC, so you wouldn't be able to play them on your TV from there.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There's the Collection of Mana, which has the first Mana game (Final Fantasy Adventure) in it. There's also the SaGa collection on Switch as well, which has all three GB SaGa/Final Fantasy Legend games. The Contra collection also has Operation C, which is surprisingly solid.

Since you said Wii U VC is an option, I definitely recommend picking up Super Mario Advance 4; It includes all of the e-Reader bonus content, including all of the levels that never released outside of Japan.

With the exception of the aforementioned SaGa collection all of the above emulation (Wii U GBA VC included) was handled by M2, which is just about the best people possible. Other than that, there's not much. GB/GBC/GBA games didn't really start seeing re-releases until 3DS/Wii U.

OP
OP
angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
There's the Collection of Mana, which has the first Mana game (Final Fantasy Adventure) in it. There's also the SaGa collection on Switch as well, which has all three GB SaGa/Final Fantasy Legend games. The Contra collection also has Operation C, which is surprisingly solid.

Since you said Wii U VC is an option, I definitely recommend picking up Super Mario Advance 4; It includes all of the e-Reader bonus content, including all of the levels that never released outside of Japan.

With the exception of the aforementioned SaGa collection all of the above emulation (Wii U GBA VC included) was handled by M2, which is just about the best people possible. Other than that, there's not much. GB/GBC/GBA games didn't really start seeing re-releases until 3DS/Wii U.
Wow, I had no idea M2 did the Wii U vc emulation. That's amazing. Definitely gonna grab some titles. Thanks!