• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I thought it went really well. I will say it was pretty long but other that I have no complaints other than wishing Elden Ring was there lol.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
As much as I want to, I think that 83 million viewership is heavily inflated, that's like super bowl big lol

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Very awesome, though I don't think I cared for any of the announcements. I did get the Warframe skins, weapons, and slots though, unfortunately I don't care for the weapon types, and I only use weapons I have a riven for. The detail and design of the weapons are insane.

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Of those 83 million, only ~3million of them know what Perfect Dark/Joanna Dark is (assuming every single person who bought the game watched the stream of course). At least this means 80 million viewers heard of Perfect Dark for the first time, so that's a bump.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
tenor.gif

I have my doubts that's the reason why.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This show has become a juggernaut. I bet the reveals are going to be even bigger next year once COVID is behind us.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I wonder how many people switched off after Sephiroth got revealed? Snark aside, awards shows are just very much not my thing cause i just don't find the idea of a bunch of people slapping each other on the back congratulating themselves all that appealing to watch (just like the Oscars or Emmys). But fair play to Geoff, it's a formula that works and we've not had the similar type of "shows with games reveals" kind of experience this year cause of Covid. And it probably made him a lot of money. So well done! As long as everyone remembers that the awards themselves are utterly meaningless.

Honestly the Oscars (and other movie/TV awards) are far more disgustingly pretentious and self-congratulatory than the game awards have ever been. Buncha rich privileged folks cheering each other on for their Instagram good deeds.

For some reason even the video game Baftas manage to avoid the pretentiousness of the TV/movie equivalent.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a good show personally. Do I wish there were some more megatons? Sure, but it's a pandemic year and there were obviously some fun reveals regardless.

The only complaint I really have is that the awards part gets sidelined a little too often, and often times some awards really don't get a moment to breathe(it'll be like 4 or 5 winners in succession).

One of the best parts of the show was the among us team accepting their award to be honest. Too wholesome.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Just as with almost everything else I enjoy, The Game Awards and Geoff get a lot of hate around here, but I really enjoy them and appreciate the amount of work Geoff and others on the crew put in each year. Good work, keep it up.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes perfect sense considering:
It's a pandemic so people are inside
There was no E3 so people had high expectations of announcements

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That should attract some massive ad revenue. Geoff must be mad rolling in the cash - monetising our attention to produce a 2-3 hour advertisement compilation for his friends. Can't hate the player.