• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
tenor.gif

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Great news for the Game Awards! Hope Keighley keeps doing his own thing because they've been getting better

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wow.

I enjoyed the show, but it needs more trimming. Should not be more than 2 and half hours, but I get that Jeff has to pay salaries and bills.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Was a great show and that is not taking into effect the Covid situation. Geoff has really grown this shows into something I am looking forward every year..
And with no E3 this year it was nice to have something with some production value in it

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Really impressive with CP 2077 happening at the same time.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Hope this will secure him more world premiere reveals. I want something bigger next year.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Well deserved, the best awards yet, still much to improve but it's in a good place.

For me the biggest improvements that still need to made are getting rid of pre show awards (really just combining the preshow and show because it's the same and we're already there)

and

also getting more video game creators to present awards. Invite actors for some stuff of course if that's what you want but keep it relevant to gaming, for example Tom Holland was a good choice because of the uncharted movie (though a trade would've been nice to have along with him)

and lastly give a bit more attention to the actual awards don't just list them off 3 at a time really fast.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, that is a lot more than I would ever have guessed. Strange that they aren't able to regularly secure big announcements.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are great numbers, the show itself was good and hopefully it continues to be in years forward.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Geoff and his crew has been outdoing themselves in terms of numbers every year. While 2017 was my favorite TGA, I felt this one was better than last year's.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
While the nominees not being there in person was a bit awkward, it honestly felt better when they didn't always pan over an audience of half-empty seats. They should just stick with this format and find a way to beef up the video quality of presenters a bit

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
TGA continues to bully E3 for its lunch money more and more with each year. Cheers to Geoff and Co., the show was a seamless experience and very well put-together considering the circumstances.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Mindblowing numbers and a well-deserved success. Really appreciate that Geoff and his team managed to pull off a production like this under these circumstances and provided some entertainment and exciting announcements in this shithole of a year.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I have yet to watch the actual show, but well done on the team for pulling this off! The adverts in previous shows put me off a bit, and two and a half hours is a bit long for a show (Plus certain awards are relegated to the part fewer people are watching).

Certainly a far cry from old award shows that were embarrassing to watch. It's come a long way. :)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This is making Geoff a LOT of money. Especially this year which had much lower overhead.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
that seems right given
  1. Most people still can't really go..do things? So why not watch a stream if you're stuck at home
  2. There was effectively no e3 this year and I think a lot of people were missing that swath of announcements hype

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder how many people switched off after Sephiroth got revealed? Snark aside, awards shows are just very much not my thing cause i just don't find the idea of a bunch of people slapping each other on the back congratulating themselves all that appealing to watch (just like the Oscars or Emmys). But fair play to Geoff, it's a formula that works and we've not had the similar type of "shows with games reveals" kind of experience this year cause of Covid. And it probably made him a lot of money. So well done! As long as everyone remembers that the awards themselves are utterly meaningless.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It was a pretty good show so nice to see their efforts are continually rewarded each year. Especially with the trouble that this year would have brought on producing something of this scale.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Thought the unveilings were really weak this year (which makes sense) but I do enjoy watching every year. Congrats to Geoff and his team. The hostess (Syd was it?) does a nice job.