• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Should become available world-wide. Also, the Collectors Edition IS limited, so it'll probably be sold out very quickly. If anyone lives in Vienna or sees me at Gamescom or E3 at some point, I'd gladly sign the Box for you :) We specifically designed a classy, beautiful black box and asked Microsoft to only use high quality materials, which is why there's a 20$ gap between the normal edition and this one, but I think collectors will deem it worthy, I certainly would :) Gareth's Piano Collection Soundtrack CD is also exclusive in that box and the hard-cover ArtBook that's in it also looks super nice. We worked together with Future Press on it for the past few months, it contains tons of artwork that was created by Moon over the past 4 years... I think the value for the box will quickly go up instead of down due to the limited availability.
I would dee, it worth it, but it appears there is no standard Xbox case included, so standard edition it is for me. Anyway, it is my most wanted game of 2020 so far, so I hope you can meet my expectations and have the deserved success with it!

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
This is one of my most anticipated games of 2020 and I hate the developers for delaying the release date. Now it releases alongside Nioh 2 which is another favorite of mine. How the hell I'm supposed to play both? And they are both very long games.

As others said, March is pretty stacked.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Despite having Game Pass, I have the Collector's Edition bought and paid for. Lets do this.

I can't believe how smooth the game looks.

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
This game (including the original) looks so amazing! The art style, the gameplay...my number one reason to consider buying an Xbox (although I won't, I just don't have the time to play all must-have games on even one console, let alone more than one).

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Of course. Internally we're also pitching around the idea of maybe making a version of Will of the Wisps that supports 120hz on the Xbox Series X, but that'll be up to Microsoft to decide, so feel free to tweet Phil about that :D I think it'd be neat if Ori would be one of the first games to ring in the new era of console games supporting a higher refresh rate than 60hz. A lot of TVs out there already support 120hz and by the time the XSX launches, that'll be even more commonplace, so people should have content that makes use of that new tech :)
That would be amazing. Aside from the reduced latency, 120hz significantly reduces motion blur so we will be able to appreciate all your beautiful art with pristine clarity even in motion :)

GennadiyKorol

Lead Engineer at Moon Studios
Verified
Aug 19, 2019
That would be amazing. Aside from the reduced latency, 120hz significantly reduces motion blur so we will be able to appreciate all your beautiful art with pristine clarity even in motion :)

I think we'll still include that motion blur amount slider in the settings so you could nudge it down if you wanted to, even if you don't have the 120hz capability.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Really hoping that the CE is available in Belgium, day-one CE purchase if it is :)
The trailer looks really good and it's probably gonna end up being one of my favourite game of this gen, can't wait!

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
The new release date is a real shame.

Mar - FF7 Remake
Apr - Cyberpunk 2077
May - The Last of Us II

Feb was a great release time before the big long games released.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you :) I hope people will notice the new lighting engine and Animation is also a big step up from what we were able to accomplish with Ori and the Blind Forest. We since hired some of the best keyframe animators in the industry (I honestly hate the trend that everything out there in games is Motion Capture, that always just results in wooden animations in my opinion... so our goal is always to really hone Keyframe Animation and let our Animators be the artists they are), we upped the animations to 60fps and added a ton more animations for every move, so everything feels a lot more fluid now. I love the storm shot in the trailer where Ori gets separated from Ku, the animation there is top notch :)

The clarity in the character's motion is just a huge step up from Blind Forest. I keep coming back to this scene and am continually amazed how you get a sense of depth and scale with the creature. Going with real time models makes such a huge difference coming from the previous orthographic renders (though there was something to almost dream-like style that Kuro and others got from all that post-processing).

MajorScientificAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

Of course. Internally we're also pitching around the idea of maybe making a version of Will of the Wisps that supports 120hz on the Xbox Series X, but that'll be up to Microsoft to decide, so feel free to tweet Phil about that :D I think it'd be neat if Ori would be one of the first games to ring in the new era of console games supporting a higher refresh rate than 60hz. A lot of TVs out there already support 120hz and by the time the XSX launches, that'll be even more commonplace, so people should have content that makes use of that new tech :)

Another nice things about the delay is it gives me more time to finally scope out a new TV. Definitely going to keep 120hz in mind.

Last edited:

Vasto

May 26, 2019
The clarity in the character's motion is just a huge step up from Blind Forest. I keep coming back to this scene I saw in an earlier trailer and am continually amazed how you get a sense of depth and scale with the creature. Going with real time models makes such a huge difference coming from the previous orthographic renders (though there was something to almost dream-like style that Kuro and others got from all that post-processing).

MajorScientificAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

Another nice things about the delay is it gives me more time to finally scope out a new TV. Definitely going to keep 120hz in mind.

LOL at Ori trying to hide behind the bones.

Nov 1, 2017
Ori is second only to the legend that is Super Metroid in my "favourite metroidvanias ever" list so saying i'm excited for this is something of an understatement.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw that preload is available for Will of the Wisps on PC Game Pass now, so it'll definitely be there day 1.

I also saw the specs that were posted here earlier. phew, I was worried that my 1050 ti wouldn't be good enough to handle it, but it looks like I'll be able to play it on at least low settings. I'll take it!

Jan 3, 2018
Does anyone know if Moon has said how much more emphasis will be placed on boss fights compared to the first, and the same for escape sequences? I haven't been watching the trailers and I don't want to tag the Moon staff and take them away from their amazing work.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the delay is to add more scenes with the adorable baby owl because that owl is just about the cutest thing ever.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Put in my CE pre-order at GameStop this morning. One of my most anticipated releases for next year and there's no way I'm missing out on a CE that is basically all I look for in one.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD Athlon X4 | Intel Core i5 4460
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 950 | AMD R7 370
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space

• RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 | Intel i5 Skylake
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970 | AMD RX 570
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
when Ori's recommended are catching up to my PC you know its time to uhhhh give it a nice little shot in the arm.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
Well, Windows 10 is what we're all using, but I don't see why Will of the Wisps wouldn't run even on Windows 7.

Thanks so much :) Yeah, it's been a long road, but we're pretty happy with where we are right now and there's obviously more stuff being worked on in the background that's already shaping up super nicely. When Blind Forest shipped, we were still a crafty, smaller indie dev, but by now we're becoming more and more of a powerhouse and we'll soft-announce something soon that should clarify that we're not messing around and are going to compete at the highest level. It's gonna be fun :D

How is the relationship with Microsoft, is your next game being published by them or going to be an Xbox / PC game? I would imagine with the push they are doing for quality exclusives you would be a high priority pick as a 2nd party studio; even though your website says you are a first-party studio?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Moon has said how much more emphasis will be placed on boss fights compared to the first, and the same for escape sequences? I haven't been watching the trailers and I don't want to tag the Moon staff and take them away from their amazing work.

There isn't a breakdown that I've seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if—technically—bosses and escape sequences made up less of the game just from there being more to do in the world despite there being more of those "set piece" moments than the original game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
CE up in US

• Ori and the will of the Wisps Collector's Edition includes: game disc, the art of ori & the will of the Wisps book (English only), the piano collections soundtrack CD, iconic Golden feather steelbook case, & original soundtrack music MP3 download.
  • Immerse yourself in a hand-crafted narrative experience. Unravel ori's true destiny in this emotional and engaging story-driven adventure with a stunning soundtrack. Explore vast, exotic, and strikingly beautiful environments.
  • Master new skills. Guide ori through a journey of Untold danger using newly acquired spirit weapons, spells, and attacks. Utilize an all-new shard system to power up ori's newfound abilities and customize your style of play.
  • Face epic enemies and challenging puzzles. Encounter larger-than-life bosses and seek help from an expansive cast of new characters who will help you uncover ori's mysterious fate.
  • Experience a new thrilling mode. Race to the top of the leaderboards in the all-new spirit trials mode where players Dash, burrow, grapple, and leap to high scores in unique speed-run challenges throughout the game.

I like the base cover of the game. But this is still fire

51Vs21-wffL._AC_SL1200_.jpg