• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ori continues to amaze me with it's graphics, it just looks so good. Hope the OST is on par or even BETTER than the first one.

Let's get it!!

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Any idea on the regional availability of the CE?
Should become available world-wide. Also, the Collectors Edition IS limited, so it'll probably be sold out very quickly. If anyone lives in Vienna or sees me at Gamescom or E3 at some point, I'd gladly sign the Box for you :) We specifically designed a classy, beautiful black box and asked Microsoft to only use high quality materials, which is why there's a 20$ gap between the normal edition and this one, but I think collectors will deem it worthy, I certainly would :) Gareth's Piano Collection Soundtrack CD is also exclusive in that box and the hard-cover ArtBook that's in it also looks super nice. We worked together with Future Press on it for the past few months, it contains tons of artwork that was created by Moon over the past 4 years... I think the value for the box will quickly go up instead of down due to the limited availability.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Should become available world-wide. Also, the Collectors Edition IS limited, so it'll probably be sold out very quickly. If anyone lives in Vienna or sees me at Gamescom or E3 at some point, I'd gladly sign the Box for you :) We specifically designed a classy, beautiful black box and asked Microsoft to only use high quality materials, which is why there's a 20$ gap between the normal edition and this one, but I think collectors will deem it worthy, I certainly would :) I think the value for it will go up instead of down due to the limited availability.

It certainly looks fantastic! It'll be sharp alongside the previous Ori steelbook.

Soundtrack alone is worth the $20 right there.

Last edited:

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Reposting it for anyone who missed the post:

e32290bc-df27-4456-842a-572314addae5.jpg

*scratch that, link below.
I am fully digital on Xbox, but I will make an exception for this beauty. Thanks for highlighting it.

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we feel pretty confident internally that it'll be one of the strongest games out next year - We've been putting years of hard work into Will of the Wisps and are polishing like crazy still. We're not too afraid of any month, what matters is that when we launch, you'll be able to sit down and feel like you're playing something truly special - that's what we want to deliver :)
Keep in mind with the amount of games coming out next year many people are on a tight budget and sometimes a choice have to made regarding a game purchase, i will be playing day 1 but i do believe February was a better release window for the game.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Wow unbelievable. And they seemed to have improved the first games combat short coming with a more tangible weapon.

Time to replay Blind Forrest

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Really enjoyed Blind Forest on the Switch so Will of the Wisps was one of the games that convinced me to buy an Xbox with Game Pass. Gameplay looks smooth as fuck, the environments and combat look a step up. Very much looking forward to this.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
sonofabitch I don't have an XBox but that collector's edition is so sexy.

I will be getting this day 1. I'm so insanely excited. thomasmahler I'm so proud of you and your studio and what it can accomplish. This is my most anticipated game of 2020 and it's not even close.

thomasmahler

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Hope it doesn't actually require Windows 10 like the Steam page says, I know some other games that list 10 as a requirement still work on 7/8. I'm still on Windows 8.1 and haven't had a reason to update to 10, would rather not do it yet if I don't have to.

Well, Windows 10 is what we're all using, but I don't see why Will of the Wisps wouldn't run even on Windows 7.

sonofabitch I don't have an XBox but that collector's edition is so sexy.

I will be getting this day 1. I'm so insanely excited. thomasmahler I'm so proud of you and your studio and what it can accomplish. This is my most anticipated game of 2020 and it's not even close.

Thanks so much :) Yeah, it's been a long road, but we're pretty happy with where we are right now and there's obviously more stuff being worked on in the background that's already shaping up super nicely. When Blind Forest shipped, we were still a crafty, smaller indie dev, but by now we're becoming more and more of a powerhouse and we'll soft-announce something soon that should clarify that we're not messing around and are going to compete at the highest level. It's gonna be fun :D

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Well, Windows 10 is what we're all using, but I don't see why Will of the Wisps wouldn't run even on Windows 7.

Thanks so much :) Yeah, it's been a long road, but we're pretty happy with where we are right now and there's obviously more stuff being worked on in the background that's already shaping up super nicely. When Blind Forest shipped, we were still a crafty, smaller indie dev, but by now we're becoming more and more of a powerhouse and we'll soft-announce something soon that should clarify that we're not messing around and are going to compete at the highest level. It's gonna be fun :D
Thanks, I may end up just switching to 10 by that point but it's good to know it'll probably still work if I don't.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered that Special Edition mostly for CD.

And if the first game ever got a CD I'd buy it, too.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting so long I didn't even register the extra month delay, it's cool though, it'll all be worth it.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Even the delays. having heard how much the original Ori was expanded upon in its final months, leave me excited. Really curious to see what the scope of this game settled on.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
That game looks beautiful. I'm currently playing the first one on PC and I'm loving it.
Don't dig the release date though, seems like a bad time to release a game like this.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I think we feel pretty confident internally that it'll be one of the strongest games out next year - We've been putting years of hard work into Will of the Wisps and are polishing like crazy still. We're not too afraid of any month, what matters is that when we launch, you'll be able to sit down and feel like you're playing something truly special - that's what we want to deliver :)
If it's as great as the first it's worth the wait. Thanks Thomas. Any chance there will be a digital collectors version?

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am still dumbfounded at just how goddamn beautiful this game is. Ori and the Blind Forest was bloody marvelous and I can't wait for this...

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Man I adore Ori but it really got moved into the "I guess i'll play it in a few months" time zone.

FF7 right into Doom right into RE3 right into Cyberpunk right into TLOUP2. Sorry Ori...

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Fuck the week after FF 7. That CE is pretty sexy, I told myself I wouldn't buy anymore Xbox games because of Gamepass but I may have to do it for this.

Edit: Just saw the CE was only $50. Yeah, that's a purchase.

nu_faust

Oct 27, 2017
Smt
I remember at the beginning of 32-Bit era I had these crazy ass dream/expectations about how good games would look in 10-20 years but this this right here surpasses even the craziest ones that I had

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
*happy tears*
Ori 1 is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time...
Ori 2 has been my most wanted upcoming Xbox game since the announcement...

And...

March 11 is my birthday !!!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Really a system seller for me. I'll be going out and getting an Xbox just so I can play this. Take all the time you need.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: AMD Athlon X4 | Intel Core i5 4460
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 950 | AMD R7 370
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 | Intel i5 Skylake
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 970 | AMD RX 570
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 20 GB available space

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Oh how I wish the Collectors Edition was also for PC, I would buy instantly. I don't suppose a physical edition for PC was announced?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

It looks so good Thomas! Will the game support 120hz on PC?

thomasmahler

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Can we talk how much better the combat looks. Like hot damn.

Btw, with combat, it's not just about looks. This time around we hired Formosa to do all the sound effects for Ori. They worked on stuff like Mad Max, John Wick, Frozen, etc. and in games they were responsible for the SFX in God of War, Halo and the likes. It's super important that the sound effects overall are super satisfying, that contributes a lot to the whole experience of making combat and platforming feel super satisfying :)

I'm still in amazement how much better the game looks than the original. The sense of scale in some of those earlier trailers is top notch.

Thank you :) I hope people will notice the new lighting engine and Animation is also a big step up from what we were able to accomplish with Ori and the Blind Forest. We since hired some of the best keyframe animators in the industry (I honestly hate the trend that everything out there in games is Motion Capture, that always just results in wooden animations in my opinion... so our goal is always to really hone Keyframe Animation and let our Animators be the artists they are), we upped the animations to 60fps and added a ton more animations for every move, so everything feels a lot more fluid now. I love the storm shot in the trailer where Ori gets separated from Ku, the animation there is top notch :)

It looks so good Thomas! Will the game support 120hz on PC?

Of course. Internally we're also pitching around the idea of maybe making a version of Will of the Wisps that supports 120hz on the Xbox Series X, but that'll be up to Microsoft to decide, so feel free to tweet Phil about that :D I think it'd be neat if Ori would be one of the first games to ring in the new era of console games supporting a higher refresh rate than 60hz. A lot of TVs out there already support 120hz and by the time the XSX launches, that'll be even more commonplace, so people should have content that makes use of that new tech :)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, with combat, it's not just about looks. This time around we hired Formosa to do all the sound effects for Ori. They worked on stuff like Mad Max, John Wick, Frozen, etc. and in games they were responsible for the SFX in God of War, Halo and the likes. It's super important that the sound effects overall are super satisfying, that contributes a lot to the whole experience of making combat and platforming feel super satisfying :)

Yes noticed that also. For example the second gif with the hammer has in the vid a nice sound to it.