• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Super dead serious dramatic game footage and music and then there's just Animal Crossing being its colorful fun self interspersed with the rest of the footage lmao

This game deserves all the awards.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Was beyond crap last year. Not sure if I want to watch this year but i'll probably have nothing to do so I guess..... i'll just hope it is good this year.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
That was a dope trailer. Here's hoping I don't end up with a last min meeting or some shit lol Should be a good time

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It feels weird to include all that Zelda footage when I don't think Age of Calamity was even nominated for anything. Probably just wanted to put it there since BotW is well known as a great game and it's a convenient excuse though, doubt it has anything to do with potential BotW 2 trailer showing up (though I still think the chances of that are high)

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
So we should expect new trailers or something for Resident Evil 8 and Hogwarts.

Also, 0:51 Tomb Raider?

plau

Oct 30, 2017
Feels like a very limited amount of games in that trailer. And of them is Breath of the Wild?

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No Yakuza clips is disappointing, but all the Animal Crossing makes up for it.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
That's so silly.

But for real what did Age of Calamity do? Feel free to reply in spoiler tag
Basically the same thing FF7r did. They said it was "what happened 100 years ago" but it's actually a completely different set of events due to time-travel shenanigans. It's not in any way a prequel to BotW.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest... We're all only watching for the software reveals and new trailers.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
That's so silly.

But for real what did Age of Calamity do? Feel free to reply in spoiler tag
lol that's dumb, it is canon? as in the game gonna tie in for botw2?
AoC has one of the better stories in a Zelda game, but rather than being a straight retelling of BotW's events, AoC creates a canonical but alternate timeline that branches off of BotW's past, one where events are able to play out in their own way. It's like how Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both official but are in parallel timelines diverging from Ocarina of Time.

BotW2 will presumably follow on from BotW.