• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part II. Show me the Sephiroth in Nibelheim cutscene, except with us controlling him.

Oct 27, 2017
My hopes but of course won't all happen is
  • Ratchet trailer and date
  • Mass Effect trailer and date
  • Persona Scramble date
  • P4G announced for consoles
  • Red Dead 1 Remake in 2 engine
  • MGS HD Collection port to PS5. 1 remaster a la FF7 remaster (not remake) along with 2-5 all on one disc (100GB)
  • Mario Golf announcement and date
  • Cross Code Expansion date
  • Dontnod next game
  • We Love Katamari Reroll announcement

Last edited:

ZedKay101

May 31, 2020
I think we'll see something from all 3 big publishers at the very least:

Nintendo - New Smash Character/BOTW2 trailer
Sony - Silent Hill/Uncharted reboot
MS - Perfect Dark announcement/Hellblade 2 gameplay

Dec 11, 2017
That new Gears of War campaign "Hivebusters" is due out this month, and we haven't even seen a frame of it. I expect a trailer and maybe even a "Out Now".

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring gameplay would be enough for me, but since I'm (finally) getting a Switch next year when the Pro (or whatever) drops, I also want to see:

- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Bayonetta 3 (Come on, man)
- BOTW 2 (Don't even give a shit about Zelda)

Surprised by this, since I don't usually care about Nintendo shit. Just one of these, though, would be nice to see.

Would also like to see that Perfect Dark CG trailer Microsoft will definitely use to reveal The Initiative's game.

I really just want to see at least one or two bangers next week, bruh. After a long and tough year, it'd be great to see something incredible from the last major event of the year.

Oct 25, 2017
After last year, I don't think I'm even going to watch. I might put it on in the background, but I don't want to hype up for 3 hours of the same shooter trailer over and over.

Either way, if Botw 2 or Elden Ring show up, I'd call that a good night.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order 2 or whatever it will be called. Even a CG announcement trailer would be cool.

A trailer for the Resident Evil 4 remake would be nice.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff hasn't been teasing like crazy the way he normally does, so I'm not setting my expectations too terribly high. Elden Ring would be the biggest get, imo

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Three years of radio silence since the Bayo 3 reveal. Bayo 2 is six years old. I'm dying of thirst in a desert of Bayo no-show events.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hyrule Warriors DLC (including free stuff)
Smash character
BOTW2

Tokyo Jungle 2
A capcom fighting game
Jet Force Gemini reboot

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
My expectations are quite low for this TGA. Going in with basically no hype. But I hope to see a reveal trailer for whatever The Initiative is working on. Hellblade 2, shown running on Series X, as a follow up to last year's trailer would be neat. Mass Effect Remastered w/ release date! Speaking of Bioware, I'd love to see something from Dragon Age... but something tells me that game is a bajillion years away. And hopefully at least one surprise.

While I'd love to see Starfield, I don't think we will hear or see anything about it until the acquisition is finalized. Plus if Todd gets his way, we're not seeing that game at all until it's less than 6 months out. And it's not coming out in 6 months.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Mass Effect Remastered. Not necessarily because I even care what the game looks like, but Mass Effect trailers are the fucking best! Imagine just this Mass Effect music, and then there's Shepard. Phew. Forget about it. Call it a night. Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy GOTY 2021.

Also, Metroid Prime 4, Starfield, Saints Row 5, and Wolfenstein 3.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Bayonetta 3. It has to happen or I'm gonna consider it cancelled until I'm surprised with the actual reveal.

Also pretty sure NRS is gonna reveal their next game and I'm VERY excited to see what it will be.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Lol.

*braces self for Fall Guys DLC trailer*
Seriously, I did a thread hoping to defend Geoff for how last year's Game Awards was received- a small handful of people here said "...but it was received really well" "there was nothing wrong with it".

Nah, last year Era and pretty much every other website focused on gaming, went full meltdown over the lack of major game announcements or trailers.

Just...keep expectations in check this year so y'all aren't upset when it's mostly F2P, Battle Royale and mobile games.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
God Of war tease

Smash

Elden Ring

RE8

Redacted 3....

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Jet Force Gemini reboot
Don't play games with my heart.

I think I'm most curious to see what the first-parties bring. They all feel like complete wildcards at this point.

We haven't heard anything from Camelot since 2018 and it feels like Mario Golf would be a good spring title. It also feels like we're starting to enter the time-frame where Bayonetta 3 could be shown. Platinum is so hard to predict, because it feels like they keep announcing games and not showing anything about them. Babylon's Fall, while a PS game, was originally dated for 2019 and we've seen almost nothing from it, except for a short trailer at a State of Play. Bayonetta 3 was announced three years ago at The Game Awards and if we don't see something soon, I think it's fair that people start asking serious questions about the project and what's going on. I don't think Nintendo will show Breath of the Wild 2, but we absolutely could see a Smash character. The idea that it could be paired with another announcement (like the Isabelle/AC reveals) is also really enticing. I know there's rumors of
Ryu Hayabusa
in Smash. I wonder if there's not a chance we see a trailer for the rumored
Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy
that transitions into a Smash trailer revealing that character is joining the fight.

It feels like Sony could also do pretty much anything. With them, I'm inclined to think they'll show something they've already announced. SIE has gotten off to a hot start in the new generation and it feels like they should save new game announcements they have at this point, as Xbox will likely have a lot of announcements in 2021 when the Bethesda deal closes. I think a Ratchet and Clank trailer with a release date seems likely. Before today, I also would have said that I would expect to see a Horizon: Forbidden West story trailer, but I actually think we may see another combination announcement. The ad for Kratos coming to Fortnite in the Playstation Store today makes me think we could see a Ragnarok teaser or trailer, followed by a clip of Kratos coming to Fortnite. Sony and Epic seem to enjoy working together on stuff and Fortnite has been a fixture at the Game Awards for a couple years now. I also think there's a chance we see a short next-gen reveal trailer for The Show. It's theoretically coming in March and we haven't seen any gameplay yet. It will also be really interesting because before the pandemic, this was going to be the first Show entry coming to Xbox, PC, and Switch.

Xbox could do everything or nothing and I wouldn't be surprised. We know Halo won't be there and the Bethesda stuff seems incredibly unlikely until that deal is closed in early 2021. They didn't have X0 this year (theoretically because of the pandemic) and they had been revealing first-party games there, so there's a chance they're showing those games The Game Awards instead. Gears 5 DLC is coming in December and we haven't seen that yet, so that seems likely. I think we've seen a lot of Psychonauts 2 already and don't really think Xbox should do another trailer, but that's not really how they operate so like Ratchet and Clank, a release date trailer for Psychonauts 2 seems likely as well. They could also have a few smaller announcements like the second Outer Worlds DLC, the first Wasteland 3 DLC, and Minecraft: Dungeon's next DLC. All that smaller stuff aside, I think that Xbox will have at least one big announcement. The Initiative is kind of everyone's darling prediction because Booty said we'd see it this year (although that was before the pandemic). I think that's a really good guess. I don't think we'll see Hellblade 2 gameplay. My wildcard prediction for Xbox is a reveal trailer for Compulsion's next project similar to the reveal trailer for We Happy Few from 2016 that people loved. I don't think that game is necessarily close, but I think it will be an introduction to the world and the story. Pencil me in for both The Initiative and Compulsion at The Game Awards.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
it would be really nice to have a show with big announcements but honestly i'm setting my expectations in a subbasement for this. i'd really like to see a new date for Jett and that's probably as far as I'll let myself go.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Don't play games with my heart.

I think I'm most curious to see what the first-parties bring. They all feel like complete wildcards at this point.

We haven't heard anything from Camelot since 2018 and it feels like Mario Golf would be a good spring title. It also feels like we're starting to enter the time-frame where Bayonetta 3 could be shown. Platinum is so hard to predict, because it feels like they keep announcing games and not showing anything about them. Babylon's Fall, while a PS game, was originally dated for 2019 and we've seen almost nothing from it, except for a short trailer at a State of Play. Bayonetta 3 was announced three years ago at The Game Awards and if we don't see something soon, I think it's fair that people start asking serious questions about the project and what's going on. I don't think Nintendo will show Breath of the Wild 2, but we absolutely could see a Smash character. The idea that it could be paired with another announcement (like the Isabelle/AC reveals) is also really enticing. I know there's rumors of
Ryu Hayabusa
in Smash. I wonder if there's not a chance we see a trailer for the rumored
Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy
that transitions into a Smash trailer revealing that character is joining the fight.
Wait,

are the SIGMA versions of Ninja Gaiden the ones that people railed against? Or are those well-received?

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Wait,

are the SIGMA versions of Ninja Gaiden the ones that people railed against? Or are those well-received?
The Sigma games are re-released versions of the Ninja Gaiden trilogy that started in 2004. The first game was very well received and they sort of declined in quality as the trilogy went on. The games are already available on Xbox via Back Compat.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
All aboard that Don't-Act-Like-You-Wouldn't-Lose-Your-Damn-Mind-When-They-Finally-Announce-A-Crimson-Skies-Revival train!

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Games:

BOTW2
Elden Ring reveal
Starfield gameplay
Fable gameplay
God of War 2 (?) reveal

Hardware:

PS VR 2 Reveal

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Seriously, I did a thread hoping to defend Geoff for how last year's Game Awards was received- a small handful of people here said "...but it was received really well" "there was nothing wrong with it".

Nah, last year Era and pretty much every other website focused on gaming, went full meltdown over the lack of major game announcements or trailers.

Just...keep expectations in check this year so y'all aren't upset when it's mostly F2P, Battle Royale and mobile games.

Remember the Apex stuff last year? That could not have been cheap for EA, and I'm sure helped fund no small part of the production. I expect a lot more of that too, but this is all about "What you hope to see", and I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping for things so long as expectations are also kept in check. I hope for Metroid Prime 4, but it's ridiculous for me to be mad at Geoff, or the show itself, if Nintendo is not ready to, or choosing to, show it.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
My hopes, my dreams, my fantasies:
  • Metroid 5
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy HD (Limited Time Collector's Edition)
  • FF7R Part 1 PS5/Series X/PC Edition
  • Persona 4 Golden Switch/PSN/XBM
  • Ninja Gaiden Collection
I need something, Geoffy baby! Don't let me down.

Last edited:

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see new games but of existing games, I'd like to see more of Kena, Returnal, Stray, Everwild, and Elden Ring. Fable as well but I think that is a long ways off so it's unlikely.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta 3 because holy development hell I want to see at least 10 seconds of gameplay.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Suikoden HD Collection
Star Wars KOTOR HD Collection (with restored content)
Shining Force HD Collection
Shadow Hearts HD Collection
Xeno Saga HD Collection
Xenogears HD Remaster
Mother 3
Blur Remaster
Growlancer HD Collection
Persona 1 and 2 Remasters