• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Previously:

And now:

Following Variety's exclusive reporting in November that Jay Leno made an off-color, anti-Asian joke as a guest judge on NBC's "America's Got Talent," Asian Americans in Hollywood expressed their praise for actor and ex-"AGT" judge Gabrielle Union for reportedly flagging the joke to the show's producers. A month after Union's season wrapped, her contract with the show was not renewed.

gabirelle-union.jpg

Daniel Dae Kim, a keynote speaker at the event, added, "Gabrielle Union has always been an outspoken advocate for the Me Too Movement and for equal rights in general so I support her and what she had to do."

Union alluded to her firing from "America's Got Talent" at an event on Monday morning, although did not specifically call out the series or NBC.

"Don't be the happy negro that does the bidding of the status quo because you're afraid. Don't allow them to call you angry when someone else is called passionate. It's terrifying. There's a solid chance you'll lose your job … I speak from experience," she said.

NBCUniversal has engaged a third party to investigate accounts of racial insensitivity, labor code violations like judge Simon Cowell's reported indoor smoking, as well as a hostile climate for "AGT's" female judges.

Recently, two advocacy groups — the Asian Americans Advancing Justice and the Media Action Network for Asian Americans — called on NBC to sever business ties with Leno.

Get 'em, girl! More at the link.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Get em.

Sadly, good luck trying to take down Leno, NBC will kiss his ass 5 ways to Sunday

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck Leno I'd love to see him dragged. Him not liking Krusty's standup for the racist Asian jokes is looking pretty ironic these days...

Oct 26, 2017
Terry Crews stepped in it:

40. Terry Crews, the host of America's Got Talent, is speaking out again on the fallout from @itsgabrielleu's firing from America's Got Talent and what he has to say is incredibly disappointing and misleading with respect to the facts that are out there.
(cont)
41. Terry Crews says he can't speak on sexism (which I understand) but said he's never heard any racist comments be made. From my reporting, he was there for the Jay Leno moment, he was there for the contestant with black hands, and he was there for a comment Howie Mandel made.

And Gabrielle's response:

Can someone please ask abt what happens to all that diversity folks are talking about BEHIND THE SCENES. Like, legit... where the hell is all that diversity in the production though homie? In the decision making ranks who control the fate of the diversity in front of the camera?

Maaaaaan... We all agreed to let the investigation be completed before speaking but if we doing this... ohhhhh baby let's gooooooooooo!

Oct 26, 2017

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Crews really letting people down with this one.

He was quick to put his foot in his mouth for Gina Rodriguez.

Oct 26, 2017
At first I thought this post might have been him using hyperbole in jest. But man, after the last few instances of him putting his foot in his mouth...

Terry should know better.

I really liked Franchesca Ramsey's response:

@terrycrews as a fan, survivor & someone who's had the opportunity to work with you, this hurts. a lot. i hope you're able to take time away from twitter to fully understand why this response is so unproductive. asking for solidarity during times of mistreatment isn't asking to be "pleased"

Also for context this was Terry, this time last year:

@tariqnasheed Sir. I AM A BLACK MAN. With a BLACK MOTHER, A BLACK WIFE and BLACK DAUGHTERS. I assure you my concern for black women is not fake.

And since you have appointed YOURSELF keeper and holder of all BLACKNESS--- what is your answer to the question above?
He literally did a 180.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
lmao Terry Crews dumb as fuck. breh throwing his whole family to the bushes in that tweet for some reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone explain this tweet to me? Its just sounds bizzare and contextless to me.
He threw Gabrielle Union under the bus while defending America's Got Talent and completely butchering what actually happened. He got blow back with people pointing out how Union was one of his most ardent supporters when he talked about his assault.

This is his response to that.

Edit: I could be wrong since this tweet was a standalone post.

Deleted member 27872

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wait not Terry nooooo. Ugh I believed in him for so long :/

Edit: To be clear I didnt agree with what he said I just never realised he was a bad person cause I did follow him super closely.