• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fucked up that the official says the "he's disappointed that his party lost"

You're here to certify the results, not make commentary about your own partisan views.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Georgia mail ballots to everyone registered?
looks like they had to be requested. It would be nice if it was compulsory.
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/Elections/absentee_voting_in_georgia said:
The State of Georgia allows absentee voting by mail and in-person. No excuse is required to vote before election day.

ABSENTEE VOTING BY MAIL

Georgia law allows for absentee by mail ballots to be requested up to 180 days before an election. To request an absentee ballot, voters should complete an absentee ballot application and return the absentee ballot application to their county registration office. Absentee ballot applications can be returned by mail, fax, email (as an attachment), or in-person to the local County Board of Registrar's Office.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Wait, so all one had to do was fill in some dots and mail the fucking thing in and 31% still decided not to bother?
As explained by others in this thread, one would have to bother to request it first, and then as you say fill in some dots and mail the fucking thing in. The fact that 69 percent went through the trouble of either requesting the ballot AND sending it in or going in to vote seems pretty good to me, considering what turn out is historically.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Well that cements his loss.

I wonder if he'll pull out of the rest of his lawsuits.

Probably not. I doubt he's ever pulled out.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Profiles in lack of courage

He did what was suppose to do while kissing trump's ass.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Did you know Stacy Abrams is one of Georgia's Democratic Electors?

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I still can't get over the fact 2.2 MILLION people that could vote in GA, didn't vote. 31% of their eligible voters. I just don't get it.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
This is so objectively pathetic.

I really hope we can stick this on all these losers in 2022. Remind the voters that, after Trump lost, these guys were too chickenshit to admit it.
He doesn't want a trump army coming after him.

Little does he know that he may get them anyways. I wonder if he'll be asking Georgians to "rise up" as well. If he hasn't already.
Dude has been more or less in hiding since he got out of quarantine. He could have waited to certify tomorrow but he went ahead and did it hoping it would die down

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Basically. An appointed official and public servant simply doing their duty is the bare minimum, even if other Republicans have cast such an expectation into doubt.

He still supports Donald Trump, and regrets the fact that Georgia voted for Joe Biden. He also will recommend that the Georgia legislature make voter ID into a state law.
GA...already has a Voter ID law.
Like, that's already a thing here.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

Now I can just replay this little segment over and over (44 minute 5 second mark) I've looked and failed to find a shortened clip.

(This was Kemp weeks ago, on a day Joe Biden did a visit to the state of Georgia, and Kemp remarked that "Joe came to the wrong place if he was looking for Electoral College Votes")

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Now I can just replay this little segment over and over (44 minute 5 second mark) I've looked and failed to find a shortened clip.

(This was Kemp weeks ago, on a day Joe Biden did a visit to the state of Georgia, and Kemp remarked that "Joe came to the wrong place if he was looking for Electoral College Votes")

also he pronounced "electoral" as "electorial".

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The best possible silver lining to come from all this is that Republicans no longer trust elections, and therefore do not bother voting. If the left had any sort of coordinated Russia-like disinformation campaigns, this would be the most effective message: don't vote, it's useless.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans have always balanced on the knife edge of conditioning people to believe government and politicians are the enemy, but making sure they religiously vote for Republican politicians.

It's pretty amazing that the party of "all government is evil" is so obsessed with always controlling every facet of the government.