• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IBetUHav

Oct 27, 2017
That was incredibly impressive. Once she finished speaking you could see she was still on fire.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched G4 since the re-launch. Guess I'll be checking out their vids!
I've only been watching them here and there, but for the most part, they've been putting out some pretty good stuff. I enjoyed the video Jirard was in recently where he talked about the ever-increasing cost of retro gaming:

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Sexist Rhetoric
The problem with this is it glosses over the role G4 played in creating a fanbase like that. She even goes as far to say Olivia Munn and Morgan Webb weren't there to be nice on the eyes which was relevant for Webb for the most part but let's be real Munn was very much intended back then to be easy on the eyes and was very sexualized to the point I wouldn't even say she hosted as herself but was playing a character. As were many other characters on AOTS in particular. Bustice anybody? I get that it is much harder to address your employer but G4 went out of their way to create that kind of fanbase so it is hardly just a case of sexist gamers acting on their own. Trying to revive something that created a fanbase like that was unfortunately inevitable to cause problems for the new hosts even if it isn't that kind of show now.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
That was fucking awesome but it's still a shame it had to be said. As someone who's been enjoying the recent return of G4 it's really disheartening to go into the comments and see so much terrible bigoted shit about the new co-hosts. Apparently anyone not a white dude means it's 'woke' and 'diversity hiring'. Like get a grip.

tiza blanca

May 9, 2020
Great!

I still vividly remember disgusting reaction of twitch chat every time she was on screen when she was one of the analysts for League of Legends esports.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this is it glosses over the role G4 played in creating a fanbase like that. She even goes as far to say Olivia Munn and Morgan Webb weren't there to be nice on the eyes which was relevant for Webb for the most part but let's be real Munn was very much intended back then to be easy on the eyes and was very sexualized to the point I wouldn't even say she hosted as herself but was playing a character. As were many other characters on AOTS in particular. Bustice anybody? I get that it is much harder to address your employer but G4 went out of their way to create that kind of fanbase so it is hardly just a case of sexist gamers acting on their own. Trying to revive something that created a fanbase like that was unfortunately inevitable to cause problems for the new hosts even if it isn't that kind of show now.

EXHGpm1VcAE7Fga.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the original incarnation of G4 was very much geared towards that crowd. This obviously doesn't excuse any of the harassment the hosts are facing today but the original G4 absolutely leaned into sexualizing some of its female presenters and hosts. And when this whole resurrection is heavily predicated on peoples nostalgia for the G4 of eld you're going to unfortunately have a lot of that crowd in the mix.

Either way sad that this actually had to be something that had to be called out at all.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's a leader's speech right there. Fuck yeah.

That is very true. G4TV even aired reruns of The Man Show on late nights in the network's later years, so they knew the type of audience they were facilitating. However, if that's not the direction the new G4 is going in, then I applaud them. I was kind of afraid they would, which is why I haven't watched them yet.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Adam made some transphobic remarks in 2020, doubled down on them at the time when people rightfully called him out on it, and he hasn't said anything about it since.

Not to mention Jirard is good enough friends with JonTron to still go to his wedding. Froskurinn Seems like good people though. Great speech.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The timing of this is strangely on point because last night I had a dream that I was protecting someone against 3 hardcore incels.

LazerRanger

Oct 28, 2017
This is great, a lot of respect for saying this so concisely.
Totally feel for her for having to deal with such crap.
The gaming audience has a long way to go unfortunately before it can be considered to be ready for equality of gender and race.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
User Banned (1 Week): Sexist Rhetoric
I totally support her and respect her. I respect her because she is not trying to use her sexiness to get attention. So she has all the right to speak up of whatever is happening with her now. Men should not demand for her to wear revealing clothes and such. That's not acceptable. If some womnen did it before doesn't make it correct.

However, I hoped that she did not bring up Olivia Munn in the conversation. The story is different for her. Let's not pretend that Olivia was not using her sexiness for attention.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I totally agree. My post has a similar point of view.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Frosk is and wa salways amazong and outspoken. I think she even spoke out against Riot while she was still hired as a caster and analyst for League of Legends.
She also spoke out against Riot partnering with an antilgbt company while being hired by Riot.

and she is openly shaming every dumb male who comments on her "looking masculine".

tldr Frosk is a boss

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I totally support her and respect her. I respect her because she is not trying to use her sexiness to get attention. So she has all the right to speak up of whatever is happening with her now. Men should not demand for her to wear revealing clothes and such. That's not acceptable. If some womnen did it before doesn't make it correct.

However, I hoped that she did not bring up Olivia Munn in the conversation. The story is different for her. Let's not pretend that Olivia was not using her sexiness for attention.

The issue isn't whether anyone was looking sexy or not but the response from viewers. Despite looking conventional sexy, many viewers accuse of Munn being a fake gamer girl. It's like women can't win. If they look sexy or remotely pretty, they get objectified and called out for being fake, and questioned about their ability to be hosts on the programmes. If they aren't, they get attacked for not being sexy or pretty enough. Whether Munn was using her image isn't the point.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Straight fire. Can't add anything else to her words other than to say it needs to be said and I'm glad she said it.

Oct 30, 2017
That was fire, and she's great.

This is unrelated to anything she's saying, anything at all, but her name, Froskurinn, i know, Icelandic for frog, but I keep seeing "foreskin" and "urine".

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
The issue isn't whether anyone was looking sexy or not but the response from viewers. Despite looking conventional sexy, many viewers accuse of Munn being a fake gamer girl. It's like women can't win. If they look sexy or remotely pretty, they get objectified and called out for being fake, and questioned about their ability to be hosts on the programmes. If they aren't, they get attacked for not being sexy or pretty enough. Whether Munn was using her image isn't the point.
I understand your point and agree with it.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And that was before AotS brought in Candace Bailey and Sara Underwood.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Frosk was a Top 3 professional League of Legends commentator/analyst in the world when she was covering the scene. She is really well spoken and smart, glad to see she is with G4.

I'm scared to look at Thorin's new controversy, he has always been a twat.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
yeahh that was pretty pretty pretty good. i wouldnt be able to deliver like that if i practiced for hours for several days in front of the mirror. that came from the heart, damn.

sad that this is needed though, it feels like im transported into the 50s or something with so many utterly pathetic sexist dudes around, i just dont get it. like, fucking keep it to yourself if you hate women, at the very least. just shut your mouth, you are an immature moron.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Great response

Who's meltdown is she referring to? I thought I heard Thorin (like the dwarf)

Yeah I didn't catch this either

She's referring to the CSGO personality who recently threw a tantrum after a women's league was announced.

esports-news.co.uk

‘I AM ESPORTS!’ Thorin declares in Twitter rant as heated debate around ESL’s new CSGO Women’s Circuit continues

About a week ago, ESL announced a new CSGO Women's Circuit complete with a $500,000 prize pool, as well as a #GGForAll program aiming to "establish an

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
God it's so depressing this is still necessary.

Don't watch the channel but good for her.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She's so right. Fuck these toxic assholes.

G4 was problematic in the past, but I do think they are legitimately trying to improve. I think when they first came back they pointed out that they know past actions were bad but they will be better. I think relatively they have been, with better representation, and avoiding putting women in old G4's cringeworthy situations and actually respecting them.

Last edited:

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Great points, super well delivered. That was really well done.

Whether or not any of that sinks in for these sorts of assholes is another thing entirely, but I'm glad she said it.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic speech.

Yes, the old G4 - like sadly everything else in the "gamer" commercial space of the 00s (hello e3 booth babes) - did have some questionable moments with objectifying its hosts as well, but that really should have nothing to do with the appalling comments that Frosk is referring to here. Nothing she said is wrong whatsoever.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit - she fucking nailed that without hesitation for 3+ minutes. Good for her. That was powerful.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having a name like Indiana Black already indicates greatness, and she just backed it up.

Never heard of her before (I'm very blind to LoL in general and I gauge that's where she's mainly from per the thread) but that was a great speech.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Imagine she dropped that speech in the middle of LoL Worlds finals in front of millions and millions of gamers watching.

Riot would have never allowed that.