• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So, I downloaded the 03.11.25 for my 65" CX a week or so ago and since have had a couple issues. It works at 4k 120hz, but sometimes when I turn on the pc it shows no signal. Have to hard boot the pc and it always works the 2nd time
Man, I had this issue too with my 3080FE. It has been working well but those first few days it took like 5 minutes for it to show me anything. I bought a Belkin 48gbps cable and ironically........

I tried the Cable Creations one and it dropped alot. Now using this Zeskit 8k hdmi cable w/o problems on the FE

Also for flickering problems and static try disabling tv wifi
I ordered this cable today lol

What a coincidence as it was only 20usd.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got tired of seeing the tearing and I can't even get 1440p 120Hz Gsync to work, it just cuts out to no signal. God that's disappointing, I need this firmware!

Oct 27, 2017
I got tired of seeing the tearing and I can't even get 1440p 120Hz Gsync to work, it just cuts out to no signal. God that's disappointing, I need this firmware!
Could be a cable issue. I had two 10-ft ones that were not working I had to switch to a six before actually got it to work even with the new firmware. Gsync enabled

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
Man, I had this issue too with my 3080FE. It has been working well but those first few days it took like 5 minutes for it to show me anything. I bought a Belkin 48gbps cable and ironically........

Hmm, maybe it's the Belkin cable then. I also went ahead and ordered the Zeskit cable. Disabling TV WiFi didn't help with the white lines, so that's not it.

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the Cable Creations one and it dropped alot. Now using this Zeskit 8k hdmi cable w/o problems on the FE

Also for flickering problems and static try disabling tv wifi

Ordered this as well today at Amazon but the 16' version hopefully it works. I'll get it later today and post if I have issues.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ask for it on the UK chat and they just say you cant :|

Hopefully this will come soon.
Just tried and they gave me the wait for the update rigmarole. Going to try again with the I want to try the beta firmware angle and see if that works for me.
Currently though with my 3090/C9 I wasn't able to get 120Hz(didn't even show up as an option). Double checked that I have the latest firmware/graphics and tv so I'm thinking it's the cable. Got a 15 footer. Going to try a 10 foot and see if that might resolve.

This was the brand I used: (Zeskit). Anyone in the US got a 10ft cable(minimum I can compromise) that worked for them?

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Just tried and they gave me the wait for the update rigmarole. Going to try again with the I want to try the beta firmware angle and see if that works for me.
Currently though with my 3090/C9 I wasn't able to get 120Hz(didn't even show up as an option). Double checked that I have the latest firmware/graphics and tv so I'm thinking it's the cable. Got a 15 footer. Going to try a 10 foot and see if that might resolve.

This was the brand I used: (Zeskit). Anyone in the US got a 10ft cable(minimum I can compromise) that worked for them?
Did you scroll to the PC resolutions further down the Nvidia control panel?

Zabojnik

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have experience with HDMI over fiber cables? I'm looking for a way to connect my future 3080 to my C9 over the distance of 15-20m and fiber seems to be the only realistic option.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have experience with HDMI over fiber cables? I'm looking for a way to connect my future 3080 to my C9 over the distance of 15-20m and fiber seems to be the only realistic option.
I have fiber, not 2.1, but for 2.0. It's great since the cable is skinny and not think and bulky allowing you to hide cables easier, but the drawback is the price.

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
What's the reason for the waiting after turning the devices off? Are they self aware or something?

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Excited to try that new HDMI cable as I hope it fleshed out minor visual bugs and glitches now that I've patched my CX.

I do understand we are in the infancy of HDMI 2.1 but see it only improving and already working very well.

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of off topic, but maybe someone here can help me out...

I don't have the new update on my c9 yet, but this is with G-sync off anyway. When I have my 3090 outputting 4K@120 i get audio dropouts on my TV, and it won't even play Atmos. At first I thought it was an eArc problem, but it even does it when outputting directly from the TV. If I set it to 60Hz then sound plays fine.

It seems like a bandwidth issue, but I have a Monoprice 48Gbps cable, and only 6 feet long. Maybe a bad cable?

Michael B

Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Sort of off topic, but maybe someone here can help me out...

I don't have the new update on my c9 yet, but this is with G-sync off anyway. When I have my 3090 outputting 4K@120 i get audio dropouts on my TV, and it won't even play Atmos. At first I thought it was an eArc problem, but it even does it when outputting directly from the TV. If I set it to 60Hz then sound plays fine.

It seems like a bandwidth issue, but I have a Monoprice 48Gbps cable, and only 6 feet long. Maybe a bad cable?
I don't have an answer but I also have a 3090 connected with a mono price 48gbps cable to a c9 that has not updated yet. I'm an experiencing weird things in general at 4K 120 like random black screens and artifacts. I'm waiting on the pre release update to come through along with a different brand cable to see if anything changes.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
From reddit, CX update coming the 19th for now.

zapmaayfalt51.png

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If anyone find a perfect hdmi 2.1 cable let me know.
As we have been discussing and being guinea pigs it seems like the Zeskit cables are doing it right for now. I'm glad we have hdmi 2.1 TVs and the devices to go with them but it sure does feel like this is definitely the early days and will only improve. It's working well enough but had had some issues.

-For the first few days I would have to wait minutes for windows to boot up and show me the login screen and register my pc signal. It's been pretty solid since and doesn't happen.

-Had audio coming in and out every second when it was set to stereo (tv audio) l. Setting the dolby atmos output stops that. The issue persists still so regardless of running through the tv or audio to the amp, this audio drop still happens

-black bar scrolling only in certain things like the menus of assassin's creed origins of all things.

I know fw for both the 3080 and CX will continue to improve this and luckily I've managed to overcome most of it but there seems to be persistent issues still lingering.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
As we have been discussing and being guinea pigs it seems like the Zeskit cables are doing it right for now. I'm glad we have hdmi 2.1 TVs and the devices to go with them but it sure does feel like this is definitely the early days and will only improve. It's working well enough but had had some issues.

-For the first few days I would have to wait minutes for windows to boot up and show me the login screen and register my pc signal. It's been pretty solid since and doesn't happen.

-Had audio coming in and out every second when it was set to stereo (tv audio) l. Setting the dolby atmos output stops that. The issue persists still so regardless of running through the tv or audio to the amp, this audio drop still happens

-black bar scrolling only in certain things like the menus of assassin's creed origins of all things.

I know fw for both the 3080 and CX will continue to improve this and luckily I've managed to overcome most of it but there seems to be persistent issues still lingering.
I sctually bought that cable a month ago and returned it. Highest rated on amazon

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I chatted back in to LG to see what's up with the C9 firmware (I chatted in October 8th and haven't gotten anything) and they told me that the original ticket is still tagged with a supervisor who has yet to actually email my request to engineering. So that's rad, love it.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Probably not the right thread but did anybody else get approved for the true wireless earbuds and the Bluetooth speaker? Can't say it was a bad haul I have both approved and I think one has shipped and the other one is just waiting to ship. That's

Zabojnik

Oct 28, 2017
I have fiber, not 2.1, but for 2.0. It's great since the cable is skinny and not think and bulky allowing you to hide cables easier, but the drawback is the price.
The price I could swallow, if I had assurances these never-heard-of HDMI over fiber cables that are advertised as being 48Gbps actually work, heh.

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone recently gotten the preview firmware sent to their C9?

I am on my (I think) 10th business day, and have yet to receive it. Followed up with them on Friday through the LG chat support just to confirm that they have the right details in case of any typos.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, I am a potato. I got my 3080, I got my 2.1 cable, I got my LG CX updated to latest (xxxxxxx.25) update. How do I setup 4k120 HDR with G-sync on this?

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I am a potato. I got my 3080, I got my 2.1 cable, I got my LG CX updated to latest (xxxxxxx.25) update. How do I setup 4k120 HDR with G-sync on this?

Just choose 4k 120Hz resolution in Nvidia control panel (scroll down to PC resolutions if 120Hz doesn't show up otherwise), any 10 bit color space, and activate GSync. That's it.

Some games also require Windows display properties be set to HDR on.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
Just choose 4k 120Hz resolution in Nvidia control panel (scroll down to PC resolutions if 120Hz doesn't show up otherwise), any 10 bit color space, and activate GSync. That's it.
Thanks! Do I have to enable HDR in the Windows display settings too or am I set with just doing that?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks! Do I have to enable HDR in the Windows display settings too or am I set with just doing that?
You'll need to activate HDR int he windows settings for games to be able to switch to HdR . Do this before booting a game.
There are exceptions, but this is the most foolproof way of having them behave properly.

Also, full screen exclusive where possible