• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I got an update today to version 03.11.10

It was on OTA update on my 65"CX. Anyone else on this version so I know maybe this is the update.

Nevermind, appears to not be the one with the GSYNC fix as my screen still goes black every second or so.

Edit 2 - I got my email for the free bluetooth speaker as well. Thanks to the user who posted it the other day.

Last edited:

TraderPoe

Oct 31, 2017
Pacific Northwest
I got an update today to version 03.11.10

It was on OTA update on my 65"CX. Anyone else on this version so I know maybe this is the update.

Nevermind, appears to not be the one with the GSYNC fix as my screen still goes black every second or so.

Edit 2 - I got my email for the free bluetooth speaker as well. Thanks to the user who posted it the other day.

Free speaker?

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Can confirm it works as it should on my CX. Less stuttering in game so far and no flickering. Only tested Serious Sam 4 and am about to try BF5 which fluctuates a lot.

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just received my 3090. Was excited to fire up some games on my C9 and was aware that 4k/120fps with Gsync is currently not working, so i figured I'd just do 4k60fps with Gsync like on my good ol' 2080ti until the firmware update arrives....

Why have i been getting a No Signal on every game I start?

I tried switching back to my HDMI 2.0, still get No signal every time i start a game. I have the latest Nvidia Drivers.

Can anyone help me out?

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Just received my 3090. Was excited to fire up some games on my C9 and was aware that 4k/120fps with Gsync is currently not working, so i figured I'd just do 4k60fps with Gsync like on my good ol' 2080ti until the firmware update arrives....

I tried switching back to my HDMI 2.0, still get No signal every time i start a game. I have the latest Nvidia Drivers.

Can anyone help me out?
Is gysync somehow enabled by default? I've had it glitch out on my monitor before since it's just a freesync one.

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't have a 3000 series at the moment but I am sure there is a option in Windows to allow VRR, try that?
Once I disable Gsync, the option to turn on/off VRR disappears.

Although completely disabling Gsync seems to have fixed the No Signal problem, but it sucks that I can't even play at 4k/60hz+Gsync as I have been doing for the past year with the 2080ti.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I have Gsync on, but at 60fps. Figured it would work like the 2080ti I had.

Does Gsync just currently not work AT ALL on the C9 with a 30 series card?
I can't say for sure. Oh, do you have it set to just full screen applications? The full or windowed option can cause weird behavior too.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
With the compatability issues of the 3000 series will I experience something similar with the xsx and ps5 ?

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
I have Gsync on, but at 60fps. Figured it would work like the 2080ti I had.

Does Gsync just currently not work AT ALL on the C9 with a 30 series card?

I was having that issue at RGB Full 10-bit 4K 60hz Gsync. I switched it to 8-bit and the problem went away. I'm eagerly awaiting the beta firmware so I can get 120hz Gsync working and hopefully at the full 10-bit as well.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have a legitimate link to a real hdmi 2.1 cable? I tried 2 from amazon now and they are both lies. Lots of ratings and very high too.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)

Can anyone help me out?

I'm pretty much getting the same issues. Either no signal, or flickering artifacts on the screen. Put in a request for the preview firmware -- hopefully that works.

Had the same issue with both a 3080 and a 3090, so I'd imagine it's the chipset and the current firmware.

The cables I'm using are fine, as this setup is working 4k 120 with a Samsung Q90T. I think Windows is still trying to catch up -- have to have desktop set for 1440 120, but can select 4k resolution in game and it forces the TV into it.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Can this be applied to the BX model? I have the BX model I bought a couple days ago. HDMI 2.1 cable arrived at home today so I'll have to do this when I get home.

Just to answer my own question for anyone curious. My BX model had the 3.11.20 firmware and I tested my new HDMI 2.1 cable last night.

Was able to achieve the following with 0 issues:

- 4k (3840 x 2160. There was a resolution higher than this but I didn't use it)
- HDR ON
- 12 bit color
- G-Sync ON
- 120hz

No issues! HZD felt and looked awesome on my 3090. I then quickly played some FIFA but today I'm possibly going to try some Modern Warfare, DOOM and maybe Death Stranding.

120hz on windows alone felt....so buttery smooth! I've only ever been on 60hz for a PC.

I wonder should I be using 4096x2160 on this TV?

Anyone have a legitimate link to a real hdmi 2.1 cable? I tried 2 from amazon now and they are both lies. Lots of ratings and very high too.

This is the one that arrived for me yesterday: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0869RR1K4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As you can see in my post, I've had 0 issues.

AFAIK there are no officially certified 2.1 cables yet but I could be wrong. I believe a lot of these Amazon ones are building the cable to the known spec though.

Reektan

Oct 30, 2017
You don't get much on the LG Chat for the UK.

LG Support Ahh of course! After having had a look into this for you, we have recently been receiving an influx of customers asking about an update on their OLED TVs in regard to the new RTX Graphics Cards that came out roughly 4 weeks ago. At this point in time, I am afraid that there is currently no software update available within the UK in order to rectify this problem. We are aware that there are currently updates in other countries, such as the USA, however, we currently have this raised to our Head Office to be looked into further. Once we have more information surrounding this, we will soon be advised.

LG Support For the moment, I would like to raise a report to Head Office regarding this issue for you with RTX Graphics Cards and OLED TVs. This is something called a Voice of the Customer (VOC) report and we like to make these for our customers concerning points or issues that they have had with our products. This is our method of raising awareness to our relevant non-customer facing design and development teams, showing to them how much better it would be for our users if changes or features like these were made available.​

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
So with anyone with a C9 have they gotten a firmware by OTA yet?
Yesterday was my 6th business day, and nope. Reached back out, and of course, they have no history of my prior request, so had to start the whole process over again. This time I was provided with a reference number, which was not given to me the first time. They also asked for the serial number of my display, which I don't think was noted the first time either. Real close to just jumping the gun and installing the engineering update.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
still on 3.11.10 (55" CX, UK). no updates found.

is there anyway to download the update and install it or does it need to be done OTA? i went on the LG site but there is no software for my model....

i have the 55CX5LB.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Not sure what it is but I've had audio coming in and out every second since I updated the fw. The Chromecast is working fine so I'm not sure if it's a setting on my PC or the cable.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure what it is but I've had audio coming in and out every second since I updated the fw. The Chromecast is working fine so I'm not sure if it's a setting on my PC or the cable.

Huh... I did have that issue for a couple minutes last night on Horizon Zero Dawn. I thought it was related to the game itself since it didn't happen on FIFA. Weird...

On the BX model myself.

Chapo

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
On my 7th business day after chatting with LG Support and giving them my Wired Mac Address, Serial Number, Model Number, etc...

Still nothing.

I don't think they give a shit anymore and are just going to roll out the official firmware in the middle of November.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
On my 7th business day after chatting with LG Support and giving them my Wired Mac Address, Serial Number, Model Number, etc...

Still nothing.

I don't think they give a shit anymore and are just going to roll out the official firmware in the middle of November.
Disappointing to hear.

Oct 27, 2017
1VFZ8Ko_d.webp

We are in business! Just came through OTA in US. I did contact LG by chat on Monday.

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
So, I downloaded the 03.11.25 for my 65" CX a week or so ago and since have had a couple issues. It works at 4k 120hz, but sometimes when I turn on the pc it shows no signal. Have to hard boot the pc and it always works the 2nd time. Also, I'm noticing when in a game, especially noticeable in dark scenes, I get flashes of staticky-looking white verticals lines happening every few seconds. Could this cable be the problem maybe?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075N83B9X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

If so, what is everyone using for high speed hdmi cables that support 4k@120?

Edit: Also, FWIW, I have the MSI Ventus 3080.

Last edited:

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
So, I downloaded the 03.11.25 for my 65" CX a week or so ago and since have had a couple issues. It works at 4k 120hz, but sometimes when I turn on the pc it shows no signal. Have to hard boot the pc and it always works the 2nd time. Also, I'm noticing when in a game, especially noticeable in dark scenes, I get flashes of staticky-looking white verticals lines happening every few seconds. Could this cable be the problem maybe?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075N83B9X?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

If so, what is everyone using for high speed hdmi cables that support 4k@120?

Just picked up my 65 cx today so I would like to know this as well. Need to order some cables before the next gen consoles arrive