• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ukepicker

Nov 4, 2017
Loved Hades on Switch, thinking about double dipping for slightly better performance on my PC.
Does anyone know the status of cross saves for this game?
Also considering picking up Star Wars Squadrons.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Thinking about getting the upgrade for civ 6 since I got the base game for free from the egs promo. Any thoughts on if its worth it to get all that dlc for 30 bucks? I've sunk like 50+ hours into the game and could probably use some more stuff for the next go through.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder! I already have Hades on Steam, but I ended up getting Rogue Legacy 2 for $7.99. Can't beat that!

OP
OP
molnizzle

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, Star Wars Squadrons is $10 off for the sale too. I'm gonna use my second coupon on that. Worth $20 since it probably won't hit EA Play for another year.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I would buy Fallen Order but EA Play is being added to PC Game Pass soon so there's no point.

I have such a huge backlog I'm not sure when I'd ever get around to Disco Elysium- what are some good games I can just pick up and put down? I have two coupons I need to use.

LOL I will spare you the sweet summer child spiel but one of the many joys of PC gaming is adding to an expansive backlog of games you will probably never finish comes with the territory...

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Used one coupon for THPS 1 + 2 HD earlier this month and just used to the other one for Outer Wilds. I wish THPS 1 + 2 didn't have Denuvo and could be played offline, but it is still a lot of fun.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
LOL I will spare you the sweet summer child spiel but one of the many joys of PC gaming is adding to an expansive backlog of games you will probably never finish comes with the territory...
I have well >1500 games now so at this point I know the drill- many of them are indies and freebies, but there are plenty of major releases in my backlog I just never really had time to play.

I'm disabled so I can't really sit up for long stretches at my PC and play an RPG- I just purchased a Roccat Sova lapdesk keyboard which should help. Was only $90 on eBay for the mechanical one, which seemed a good deal.

Potato Mage

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 28, 2020
LOL fml I literally bought it on steam an hour ago.

To the above poster it's definitely worth it if you like games like Bastion and Dead cells, it feels like it takes the best of both.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
grabbed ghostrunner, was gonna get it on Series X since my aging 970 isn't really cutting it for me anymore but at this price I can't resist. I also have one more $10 coupon and can't decide if I should grab squadrons yet...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Hm, maybe. Have you played the first two? For me it was a disappointment but other fans seem to like it, and there are worse ways to spend $7 (I backed it on Kickstarter for a ludicrous amount of money). I liked the environments in the first area, Bailu. Don't have any expectations of the story, but if you just soak in the atmosphere it can be nice.

On topic, I was debating getting Control, but then figured I'd wait a year or two for when I will get an RT card to play it with all the bells and whistles. Then I was thinking of getting Outer Wilds and wanted to play it in VR, but my GTX 1060 would probably not be able to run it in VR. So now I'm thinking Disco Elysium since it's under £15 with the coupon and the recommended GPU is... a 1060 :P

(I already picked up Hades a few weeks ago with my other £10 coupon, well worth £5.19)
I beat the first 2 games on Dreamcast, $7 couldn't pass it up i got it, i need a refresh course on the story lol...

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Used it to get Hades for $13 AUD two days ago and am blown the hell away.
Unbelievable game and is absolutely worth taking a look at for that price.

Oct 27, 2017
Already got Hades so I got the spinning disc game. Although I still got one more. When exactly do the codes expire?

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I was actually just looking at a trailer for Hades in Steam last night and thought about picking it up. This is great, thanks!

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to buy Star Wars Squadrons but then I realized I would also have to run Origin in the background. Opening two launchers before (and during) the game is such a pain. I'll just get it on Origin I think.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Hades with the coupon as soon as it went on sale Ended up getting Oxygen Not Included for $5 after coupon because it's made by Klei and Don't Starve Together is one of my top 10 games of all time.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Whew, I had two coupons I had totally forgot about. Thanks OP!

Picked up Carrion ($4.99) and SnowRunner (16.79)

2 games for just over $20, ok fine Epic, you can have some money too I guess.

OP
OP
molnizzle

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to buy Star Wars Squadrons but then I realized I would also have to run Origin in the background. Opening two launchers before (and during) the game is such a pain. I'll just get it on Origin I think.
Suboptimal but it happens automatically, so whatever. This is a battle I've just given up fighting. Already happens with my Ubi/Rockstar games on Steam. I don't give a second thought to launcher shit now that I have Playnite. Life's too short. lol

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Suboptimal but it happens automatically, so whatever. This is a battle I've just given up fighting. Already happens with my Ubi/Rockstar games on Steam. I don't give a second thought to launcher shit now that I have Playnite. Life's too short. lol
Been hearing great things about hades and also have seen a fair bit of stuff about suoergiant.

Thanks for the thread op! Not sure I'll ever get to play it but I should spend some of epics own money to help the dev :)

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Hades was exactly what I used my coupon for a couple of days ago, and it's even better value on the UK store at just over £5 with the tenner off. Impressed with the game so far, plays great and is a lot of fun.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017

Automatically until one, or both, want to update and log you out, then you have to remember your password for each... Which is almost every time I play certain games. Here I'm just multiplying by 2 the chance to have a luancher update.

But I didn't know about Playnite, sounds cool, I might check it out. I'm already using Launchbox but mostly for emulators, and it's a pain to manually add new Windows games, so I've given up on adding new PC games.

OP
OP
molnizzle

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Automatically until one, or both, want to update and log you out, then you have to remember your password for each... Which is almost every time I play certain games. Here I'm just multiplying by 2 the chance to have a luancher update.

But I didn't know about Playnite, sounds cool, I might check it out. I'm already using Launchbox but mostly for emulators, and it's a pain to manually add new Windows games, so I've given up on adding new PC games.
Playnite can scan and automatically add your "Xbox" PC games now through some wizardry. It also has an option to kill all launcher processes upon game exist which I really appreciate it. Don't need to worry about exiting Steam/Origin/etc. It supports emulators, has a BPM. Highly recommended free software.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I bought Hades 2 days ago on the switch and have been playing it non stop since then , absolutely incredible game. Epic regional pricing is absolutely great , the game is only 8.79$ here and that's just the regular sale without using the coupon, so I double dipped even though the cross saves aren't live yet . Ended up using the coupon for control ultimate edition, my gtx 1050ti is too weak to handle it but at only 21$ with the coupon, I couldn't resist .

Status
Not open for further replies.