• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty...boring. Tech looks neat, but this feels like it would get old really quickly.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
For me the question is what other tools will the players have apart from just switching tracks, like having a fader or a beat pad. I actually like the concept, but I'll have to see the complete package before I commit.

I think this will be cool to use in VR, or using the touch screen functionality on a Switch. If they have local multiplayer on the Switch with a "pass the track" type of gameplay that would amazing.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
This looks awesome, but I really need another DJ Hero
Honestly I want Harmonix to actually make a more "traditonal" rhythm game, perhaps in the footsteps of a Konami BEMANI game. Those games rock and it feels like the only games that are similar to it are Osu! (which I'm not super into, it feels like most of the songs now are catered to the best players) and Stepmania (and pads are expensive for those!)

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting gameplay. Curious if the difficulty will scale up, and if so what that will look like.
This looks awesome, but I really need another DJ Hero
Yes please. Another DJ Hero would be incredible.
Honestly I want Harmonix to actually make a more "traditonal" rhythm game, perhaps in the footsteps of a Konami BEMANI game. Those games rock and it feels like the only games that are similar to it are Osu! (which I'm not super into, it feels like most of the songs now are catered to the best players) and Stepmania (and pads are expensive for those!)
All the modern rhythm games are on mobile these days. Many of them are good games, but the monetization varies a lot. Of them, Cytus II has one of the most straightforward IAP imo.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
Interesting gameplay. Curious if the difficulty will scale up, and if so what that will look like.

Yes please. Another DJ Hero would be incredible.

All the modern rhythm games are on mobile these days. Many of them are good games, but the monetization varies a lot. Cytus II ha6d the most
I used to play a lot of Cytus 1. I haven't paid money for a good rhythm game, and I want to see if Bang! Dream is good.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Am I going to have to buy more expensive plastic peripherals for my closet?

Otherwise, I'm down for more rhythm games.
Give me another DJ Hero please.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted dropmix but couldn't justify adding the big plastic yugioh platter to my home (i have too many of those already). I was also afraid that it using a phone app would risk it not working in the future.

An all-digital version is an instabuy for me. I hope it has a lot of songs to play around with.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
New trailer

It's up on Steam and EGS.

Can anyone confirm the USA price on EGS? It's £59.99 or £99.99 for the VIP edition in the UK, which seems like a lot. I don't see a price on Steam yet.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Can anyone confirm the USA price on EGS? It's £59.99 or £99.99 for the VIP edition in the UK, which seems like a lot. I don't see a price on Steam yet.
I can confirm that it's $59.99 / $99.99 USD. But yeah, it does seem a bit much for me as well, although that would highly depend on the cost for each track.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
New trailer

It's up on Steam and EGS.

I hate that this is called a gameplay trailer, because maybe it's just me but I watched that and I maybe saw about 5-10 seconds of what the actual gameplay loop is and I can't work out what on earth you do or how it plays. Is there an explanation anywhere?

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that this is called a gameplay trailer, because maybe it's just me but I watched that and I maybe saw about 5-10 seconds of what the actual gameplay loop is and I can't work out what on earth you do or how it plays. Is there an explanation anywhere?
This IGN "DJ Battle" video might answer your question. All honesty, I can't help but feel that the game feels a tad bit "shallow" or that it's missing something. Hopefully they'll reveal more gameplay features/modes down the line.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the VIP is the 25 DLC songs available at launch, some costume bits too. (And +3 DLC for preordering) according to https://www.fuser.com/en-us?section=preorder.

That and the trailer both say 'Over 100 songs', so I guess that's the initial ballpark.
www.microsoft.com

Buy FUSER™ VIP Edition Pre-Order - Microsoft Store

From the creators of Rock Band™ & Dance Central™ comes FUSER™ - a nonstop virtual music festival where you control the music!

$100

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I went all in on Dropmix and still play it every now and then and I still can't grasp what the hell is going on in the "Gameplay" trailer.

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I went all in on Dropmix and still plat it every now and then and I still can't grasp what the hell is going on in the "Gameplay" trailer.

There are a few gameplay videos out there. For the most part, what was shown in them was an extension of the party mode from Dropmix, where certain requests are made or challenges are issued that you must fulfill using the songs that are available. I'm guessing that isn't the entire game, and that things like the puzzle mode, having limited tracklists to work with depending on the festival, e.t.c, will probably be in there, too.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This IGN "DJ Battle" video might answer your question. All honesty, I can't help but feel that the game feels a tad bit "shallow" or that it's missing something. Hopefully they'll reveal more gameplay features/modes down the line.

I dont think this would win Alternative/Music Rhythm title of the year even if it was the only game nominated.

Is this a game?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Harmonix lost me hard with the Amplitude remake, this will need insane word of mouth for me to consider picking it up.

xzeldax3

Jan 26, 2020
Seriously. Lots of assholes acting like Harmonix aren't worth anything, when they've been releasing Rock Band songs continuously from 2007 up until today with only a brief break from early 2013 to late 2015. And they spent a ton of time porting every goddamn song to next gen, and adding support for every goddamn instrument (except keyboard) INCLUDING Guitar Hero ones. All while Activision did their best to kill off the genre for good with their lousy revival attempt. Harmonix are the very definition of dedication. Mad respect.
Agreed. Music/rhythm is my favorite video game genre and it sucks to see many people brush the genre off as a "fad". I will always support Harmonix and their dedication to their fans and music as a whole. I hope Fuser blows up with the TikTok crowd and the many people who can't go to festivals due to covid-19.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Here are the 25 Additional Songs that go along with the VIP Edition:
vip_en-us.jpg

• 21 Savage - a lot
  • Afrojack ft. Eva Simons - Take Over Control
  • Alanis Morissette - Ironic
  • Amerie - 1 Thing
  • Ava Max - Kings & Queens
  • Bananarama - Venus
  • The Cranberries - Linger
  • DJ Snake, J. Balvin & Tyga - Loco Contigo
  • Echo & The Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
  • Erasure - A Little Respect
  • Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
  • Fetty Wap - Trap Queen
  • French Montana ft. Swae Lee - Unforgettable
  • Glen Campbell - Gentle On My Mind
  • Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper (Heartical Mix)
  • Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
  • Kane Brown ft. Lauren Alaina - What Ifs
  • Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
  • Mark Ronson ft. Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart
  • Nicki Minaj - Starships
  • Sean Paul - Get Busy
  • Soulja Boy Tell 'Em - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
  • Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
  • Topic with A75 - Breaking Me
  • Usher ft. Pitbull - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love

Last edited:

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I'm ready to get this as it's Harmonix but it's putting me off that its out next week and I haven't seen any previews or coverage.

Is there anything around?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the PC version, can someone mod in or add their own tracks and music?

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to get this as it's Harmonix but it's putting me off that its out next week and I haven't seen any previews or coverage.

This game probably had an extremely different marketing plan set up for the year, before Covid-19 happened.

It debuted at PAX East in February and it looked like they were going to release in the Summer or something.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

I'm in the same boat. I've gotten nearly every thing they've put out rhythm game wise and I really wanted this to be digital drop mix but I think we've seen like 2 smaller preview streams months ago.
Their socials are just retweeting the unexpected DJ promo images you can make and having weekly DJ streams but not gameplay. 🤷‍♂️

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
I'm ready to get ctthis as it's Harmonix but it's putting me off that its out next week and I haven't seen any previews or coverage.

I'm in the same boat. I've gotten nearly every thing they've put out rhythm game wise and I really wanted this to be digital drop mix but I think we've seen like 2 smaller preview streams months ago.
Their socials are just retweeting the unexpected DJ promo images you can make and having weekly DJ streams but not gameplay. 🤷‍♂️
The sessions with Harmonix's DJ Zoe on Twitch/YouTube are pretty much gameplay from what I can see.

any idea if those launch DLC songs will be available seperately?

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I spent some time with Dropmix and I was in love. As someone who doesn't DJ (nor will I ever) I LOVE messing around with music like this. I'm so super pumped to get this game!

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I spent some time with Dropmix and I was in love. As someone who doesn't DJ (nor will I ever) I LOVE messing around with music like this. I'm so super pumped to get this game!
This is the boat that I'm in; I've made mixes on Ableton before, but having something that will allow me to easily mash up songs sounds like a dream come true