• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
This is my question. I have about $170 MS credit but if it doesn't control well i am gonna kick myself in the butt. Really, really wish there was a trial/demo.

Is the extra $40 really worth it for the VIP?
Ask yourself, do you like the songs it adds? If yes, then it's worth it. If no, then it isn't.

Feels like they really missed a trick not going with a cheaper entry level with less content and making the money back through DLC or just doing a demo. £60+ is a big ask for a game like this.
I think Harmonix knows from past experience that the DLC buying crowd is a relatively small group of people, so this was probably the better way to release it. I mean, even in the days Rock Band was super popular, you'd still mostly find people online that only had ten DLC songs at the most. If they had released Fuser for a cheaped price with only a few songs and the rest added through DLC, you'd hear a lot of complaining.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
This is my question. I have about $170 MS credit but if it doesn't control well i am gonna kick myself in the butt. Really, really wish there was a trial/demo.

Is the extra $40 really worth it for the VIP?
all the launch some of the songs included in the VIP are available separately right now for £1.69 so depends if you want all of them, then it saves you some money.

edit: looks like i was wrong about all of them being available

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017
I have been hyped AF for this game all year. To be honest, I kind of balked at the price at first with that AU$99.95 price tag. Switch games are usually AU$80 digital here, and can be found for AU$69 at places like JB Hi Fi. However, I wanted this game portable and digital for that impulse play and party potential. I'll easily get my money's worth I think.

The good:
  • Somebody drank a big ol' glass of GenderFluid™ before making that character creator, and I f$#@ing love it. It's so refreshing to just have fun making a character without first being confronted with "hurr does you have benis or bajina?". Game designers need to take note. Edit: Also the diversity in body shapes is pretty good, skin and hair are OK. Hopefully more unlock?
  • The track list is honestly banging. A good quarter of the songs are tracks I adore, another quarter are tracks I like but wouldn't normally play, another quarter are tracks that are fine and have useful parts, another quarter are tracks I've never heard of and will figure out. Also there's Party Rock, LMFAO sucks.
  • The load times are surprisingly snappy on the Switch. I could easily see myself mixing some jams while waiting for something to cook, or while my wife watches some garbage like NCIS. It's very impulse friendly.
  • The interface/controls are surprisingly intuitive and easy to pick up. You could have plenty of fun just using the cursor and face buttons to play, but all the advanced techniques add an element of satisfaction and personal touch.
The bad:
  • Framerate isn't always the best on Switch
  • Sometimes when you're chasing crowd approval, you don't have time to really consider what will actually sound good together, so you get a bit of weird music salad. Most of the time it sounds pretty good though.
  • It has LMFAO.
  • I can't buy Mr Brightside yet.
I think I'll get a lot of milage on and off again over the next few years. I hope there's a steady stream of good DLC on the way.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
all the launch some of the songs included in the VIP are available separately right now for £1.69 so depends if you want all of them, then it saves you some money.

edit: looks like i was wrong about all of them being available

There's 25 songs available in the UK store At £1.69/each. Pretty sure that's the entirety of the VIP track list. For £36.99 you can buy the FUSER Launch Pack which includes all the tracks for less than the mark up of the VIP edition, minus the avatar cosmetics.

Unfortunately I seem to have glitched one of my purchases. When I pre-installed yesterday I noticed that all the VIP bundle tracks were listed as owned, so out of curiosity I downloaded Cranberries - Linger, unsurprisingly it wasn't unlocked in the full game so I purchased it this morning for £1.69 along with a few other tracks. All the others have downloaded fine but despite the charge to my card, Cranberries - Linger still only has a purchase option and I can't put it in my basket as I get a message saying "this item has already been purchased". :/ Hopefully PS support can sort it out for me. Theres a couple of other minor niggles with the in-game store on the PS4 that hopefully are tweaked at some point. For instance, all the VIP DLC shows as Owned even though it is isn't and it's not possible to add multiple tracks in to your basket for a single purchase. Nothing major though.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
There's 25 songs available in the UK store At £1.69/each. Pretty sure that's the entirety of the VIP track list. For £36.99 you can buy the FUSER Launch Pack which includes all the tracks for less than the mark up of the VIP edition, minus the avatar cosmetics.
ah i doubted myself when the above poster mentioned not being able to buy mr brightside yet but it looks like that's not part of the VIP stuff anyway.

hope your issue is resolved!

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
1) dis also on gamepass PC?

2) Is it "just" basically a digital port of Dropmix, or is it an entirely different game?

Edit yeah I'm sorry but 69,99 for the DE Eshop version is way too much for what I expect, wow. Sorry, Harmonix, I will keep my Dropmix for now I think.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they really missed a trick not going with a cheaper entry level with less content and making the money back through DLC or just doing a demo. £60+ is a big ask for a game like this.
I feel the same. I'd be quite happy spending £60 on it if I knew I'd like it, but I don't know that enough to spend £60 right now (plus the $60 = £60 price point is annoying). I wish there was a demo with Harmonix-created tracks so you could at least try out the concept and then buy the game to get more music.

I would have rented the physical version through Boomerang, but it looks like that isn't releasing at the same time as the digital version.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know this existed or was releasing today, looks real interesting

Steam store page has just updated to show purchaseable DLC. Can't download the game yet, though (I'm in the west coast).

edit: game is now available to download on Steam. Currently downloading 16.7GB on my slow-ass connection.

On my own Steam account, it says that I have 33 pieces of DLC (I bought the VIP edition); looks like the only things I don't have are cosmetics.

Cool that it's on PC, but damn, that regional pricing is whack :/
Why the fuck is it more expensive here, in the 3rd world, than in the US?
Had it a more sensible price I'd got it in an instant...

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
I only had a little over an hour to play before work today but the character creation options and clothes variety are all pretty good. Rock Band 4 was disappointing when it came to making a character that actually represented me so I'm glad to see it. I really like the UI too, clearly a lot of love was poured into this experience.

It also starts you off with a pretty solid crate of tracks to chose from - I was worried about what the beginning selections would be but basically a lot of the big hits are included so you can branch out and get more specific to your style as the campaign goes on and you learn more techniques. All in all really good first impression.

Jul 1, 2020
I played it for an hour or so this morning. I think this may be my favorite game that came out today and Harmonix's best since Rock Band 3.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I preordered digitally through the Microsoft store, but I don't see the preorder bonus songs. I'm guessing I'm just dumb and didn't do the separate download?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Can't even take a screenshot or record a video clip using the Xbox's built-in tools. Strange. I was gonna take a screen of my created character and then...couldn't.

Yeah, I'm kind of legit irritated at this. I tagged xbox/harmonix/fusergame on twitter and posted a screen of the "Astronauts on the Couch" when you can't stream to twitch asking what was going on.

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
Got a little time with this before work this morning and I am LOVING it. I'm already getting a feel for the best time to mix in certain pieces and it certainly alters how you evaluate a song, looking more at composition. It helps that I already do some of this with my own music but I think this could actually improve my skillset on incorporating samples. My only bummer so far is not being able to export the mixes I create. I'm definitely going to figure out a way to do that, lots of potential there.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I was up until 2 playing this last night. 2 hour freestyle mix after playing part of the campaign. It's really addictive.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017

200w.gif

(All Star kicking in at the end killed me)

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Is anybody able to stream on PS4? I'm trying to see if it's a PC's can stream and consoles can't, or if it's an isolated Xbox issue.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
The HDR implementation isn't the best at all. It looks great on other games but washed out on this one.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
My 8 year old girls review after first tutorial "Dad, I love this game" "you can make a boy wear a bra"

Now she just wants to mess around and make music, love it.

andysexton

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone nail down calibration settings that work well for Switch handheld mode? I've tried 0ms and it felt super off - now I can't quite get it down with the in-game calibration.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question for folks who are playing this, how to in remove a disc at the right time? I've tried almost everything I can think of but still get "bad"

crimnos

Oct 27, 2017
tfw you only recognize 4 songs

I'm finding that the beauty of this game vs the Rock Band experience is you really don't have to engage with the entire song if you don't want to, just get to know pieces of the songs that will work well in your mix. In fact some songs that I do know don't really have a lot to offer and even something like Coldplay might have a useful beat. it's an interesting way to engage with music.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Also, when going for dropping different discs on different types of platters, look for the colored dot that corresponds for what you're looking to drop for extra points. It's not always the downbeat.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Fun as hell. I should've bought it for Switch instead of my desktop, because all I wanna do is lay down and mess with beats instead of sitting in my very uncomfortable $15 office chair.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding that the beauty of this game vs the Rock Band experience is you really don't have to engage with the entire song if you don't want to, just get to know pieces of the songs that will work well in your mix. In fact some songs that I do know don't really have a lot to offer and even something like Coldplay might have a useful beat. it's an interesting way to engage with music.

Yup. Just because you don't like the entirety of a song doesn't mean it is devoid of individual parts that can elevate a mix.

#MudsOnTheTiresGoesWithEverything

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So if I can't read or play music, could I still handle this? I feel like this is a perfect game to play high