• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

1426467217270.jpg

SleazyHyena

Oct 27, 2017
After watching Fanbyte's stream yesterday (and re-watching today) I broke down and got the VIP edition on steam. Already invested thousands in Rock Band before, and this game looks like a blast.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, that's a lot of songs. I hope they bring some of these over to Audica, I don't think Audica's gotten any new content since the beginning of the year.

I'll admit, the game is reviewing much better than I expected. I hope it's not being sent out to die... I want to get it but I can't at the moment.

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
Struggling between getting this on Xbox or Switch on commute. Does switch do Bluetooth headset's? If I have to use corded earbuds it might be a dealbreaker.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are hilarious.

But seriously- I'm taking tomorrow off, and devoting the day to playing Fuser on my new XSS. Can't wait. I'm a HMX fanboy since GH1- it's as close to an unofficial holiday as I have anymore.

I'm in the same boat about being a huge HMX fan. Wish I could take off of work for my new console but I'll have to wait lol

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody know if the VIP thing is available as a separate upgrade? $100 is a bit steep for me to drop right now but I'd like to get that content later.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased the vip edition and set my home region to New Zealand earlier and was able to play about 6 hours ago.

started the game again right now and it said I was too wary, weird.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Kaskade is going to be streaming this tomorrow. I have no idea who he is, but apparently he's a popular DJ so it should be good advertising for the game. I need this to do well so I can get more DLC.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Apparently Kaskade is going to be streaming this tomorrow. I have no idea who he is, but apparently he's a popular DJ so it should be good advertising for the game. I need this to do well so I can get more DLC.

Wow thats awesome! Kaskade is a very good DJ, so that should be fun. Theyve also had Deorro and Diplo do streams

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
Struggling between getting this on Xbox or Switch on commute. Does switch do Bluetooth headset's? If I have to use corded earbuds it might be a dealbreaker.

Switch does not pair with bluetooth headsets so you'd have to be wired in or use a wireless headset that uses the 2.4ghz frequency via usb adapter (IE Arctis series with usb-c dongle).

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always happy to see another game from Harmonix. I can't get this immediately at launch, but I hope to before the year is over.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Is this gonna be available at 12est/9pst by any chance? and if so, is the xbox one version cross buy? would I be able to play it on my series x tomorrow as well? anyone know? thank you. signed, a concerned excited gamer

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, this looks really fun. I never ended up getting into Dropmix, but I loved it conceptually. I've spent hundreds of dollars on Rock Band so I'm always happy to support Harmonix. They have a genuine love of music that shows in all their work. First impressions seem great!

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Is this gonna be available at 12est/9pst by any chance? and if so, is the xbox one version cross buy? would I be able to play it on my series x tomorrow as well? anyone know? thank you. signed, a concerned excited gamer
The XB1 version is completely compatible with the Series X with the backwards compatibility feature. I haven't heard anything on it having specific Series X features though. Save files should even carry over.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I broke down and grabbed the VIP edition for PS4. I'll probably wait until the PS5 gets here to download it though. Hoping for lots of added songs with some deep cuts on the way-- having Erasure "A Little Respect" in the VIP put me over :P

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Looks like it actually does come out in an hour on the xbox store. I swear this shit better be forward compatible/ the series x version lmao. How does that actually work? Is this really an xbone game, that is playable on the XSX? Or is this a code that gives me both versions of the game? Is there actually a series x version at all? Just trying to understand how all this shit works and what I'm actually buying because this generation couldn't come to a more confusing start. Same with AC: Vikings. Are they two games? do I get both? wat

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if we are getting dlc past the 28 songs included in the vip pack/pre-order bonus?

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Looks like it actually does come out in an hour on the xbox store. I swear this shit better be forward compatible/ the series x version lmao. How does that actually work? Is this really an xbone game, that is playable on the XSX? Or is this a code that gives me both versions of the game? Is there actually a series x version at all? Just trying to understand how all this shit works and what I'm actually buying because this generation couldn't come to a more confusing start. Same with AC: Vikings. Are they two games? do I get both? wat
Fuser is an Xbox One game, but it will be fully playable on Series X (as all One games are). For something like Assassin's Creed, there's technically two versions, but the xbox console that you're on will automatically play the best version available, and saves carry over (google Smart Delivery).

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Streaming/UGC rules posted:

support.fuser.com

FUSER User Generated Content Guide

Thank you for your interest in creating and streaming/posting FUSER content. FUSER has in-game music that is licensed by NCSOFT and Harmonix from music rightsholders. These FUSER music licensing ag...

Do we know if we are getting dlc past the 28 songs included in the vip pack/pre-order bonus?

New DLC every week is confirmed.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017

support.fuser.com

Thank you for your interest in creating and streaming/posting FUSER content. FUSER has in-game music that is licensed by NCSOFT and Harmonix from music rightsholders. These FUSER music licensing ag...

Oh wow! Do you know where I can read more about this? I'm hoping they go for the "pack" format that DJ Hero went with in addition to the song-by-song approach.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
No worries! You don't work for Harmonix! :) Here's hoping they detail their content plans soon, I'm really excited for another Harmonix platform, they're usually very good at supporting their games no matter what.
I would probably do season passes for this thing, but I feel like this is probably more conducive to random music choices than the ones in RB lately. lol

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Steam store page has just updated to show purchaseable DLC. Can't download the game yet, though (I'm in the west coast).

edit: game is now available to download on Steam. Currently downloading 16.7GB on my slow-ass connection.

On my own Steam account, it says that I have 33 pieces of DLC (I bought the VIP edition); looks like the only things I don't have are cosmetics.

Last edited:

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Digging this game so far. I love the looper maker and the fact that you can add multiple of the same track type.
My one main gripe with this game is the token grind for the locked tracks, made me really glad that I got the VIP Pack so I can change up my crate.

joeposh

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I caught this thread as I had no idea this game was launching today. Managed to pick-up a discounted Xbox GC on today's Best Buy/Amazon sale and got in on the VIP edition with pre-order bonus (supposedly expiring anytime now).

Even at $90 it is steep, but I love Harmonix and the concept, and am sure having all those extra songs to mix will help the experience.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Really liking this so far. Only a couple shows into the second set of levels, but it's a lot of fun.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I just did the tutorial, but with a smile on my face. It works so good even without knowing what you're doing.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
How good does this work with a controller? Video reviews so far said, that M+K is the preferred way, but how difficult is it on consoles? Seems like there is a lot of stuff in the UI coupled with the beat/ loop makers, i'm not sure how quick you can access everything while playing.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017

support.fuser.com

Has any other dev ever said if you stream their game that you can't save vod's to twitch and not allow you to ask or show subs and bits ? I know this is a special case but I'm curious if they actually would act on any of these rules.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
How good does this work with a controller? Video reviews so far said, that M+K is the preferred way, but how difficult is it on consoles? Seems like there is a lot of stuff in the UI coupled with the beat/ loop makers, i'm not sure how quick you can access everything while playing.
This is my question. I have about $170 MS credit but if it doesn't control well i am gonna kick myself in the butt. Really, really wish there was a trial/demo.

Is the extra $40 really worth it for the VIP?

Burai

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they really missed a trick not going with a cheaper entry level with less content and making the money back through DLC or just doing a demo. £60+ is a big ask for a game like this.