• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
What excites me about Fuser is that it's a Harmonix game that lets you be more creative with music than what's been done in the genre before (aside from Dropmix, which I never had a chance to play).

Aside from choice of control options, I'm choosing PC on the chance that modding/custom songs happens, as well as for ease of capturing audio directly into my DAW.

Yeah, its a bummer that they lock the songs behind the campaign. I want to get straight into the freestyle, since I already have a pretty good grasp on real life DJ software.

But then again this seems like it could be pretty deep, once you start layering effects and loops on top

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if the DLC songs are able to purchased separately, or can you only get them by getting the VIP edition?

It seems they will be released individually but with no announced timeline as yet.

Found 2 separate relevant tweets:

You'll be able to purchase all songs after the game releases

and

You will be able to purchase FUSER DLC tracks individually for $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.69 each!

also saw a reply that there would be DLC packs after release.

That pretty much means the VIP pack definitely isn't worth it to me. 25 additional tracks for £40* at £1.60 each, or buy à la carte for £1.69.

*plus some cosmetics.

Last edited:

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the DLC songs are able to purchased separately, or can you only get them by getting the VIP edition?
According to their Twitter, each of the VIP songs can be purchased separately for $1.99 at some point after launch.

Yeah, its a bummer that they lock the songs behind the campaign. I want to get straight into the freestyle, since I already have a pretty good grasp on real life DJ software.

But then again this seems like it could be pretty deep, once you start layering effects and loops on top
Looks like you can also earn XP from Free Play, which gives you the in-game currency needed to buy cosmetics and unlock songs. I'm going to have to presume that you'll probably have at least a few songs to play with if you jump to Free Play first.

But yeah, it's probably not like Rock Band where (IIRC) every song was unlocked for Free Play from the start.

edit: found a YT video with the first hour of gameplay:

After the initial tutorial, you're given 30 songs as well as 2000 music tokens. Additional songs cost 200 tokens to unlock in the campaign.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Totally forgot this existed. Watched a few videos and fuck it, I'm in for the VIP edition.

I'm gonna make so many cursed mixes. Already saw Crank That, Linger and Dragostea Din Tei in the songlist. I don't know how that will mix, but by god I will try.

Oct 27, 2017
Man.

As much as I want to support Harmonix (and hell, I bought most of the Dropbox packs), I just can't justify £99 ($130) for the VIP edition.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the game now if anyone has any questions.

Here's my first attempt at a mix, didn't really fit the "synthpop" challenge requirements but oh well, game is really fun.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised the game seems to have a pretty big marketing campaign on social media. At least I'm flooded with ads starring Hasselhoff and others.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious on how the scoring of the game works, since it still seems to have star ratings and the like, so I don't know if the game encourages you to make "optimal mixes" or if you can do whatever you want, but then it wouldn't feel "like a game" since there is not a particular challenge to beat.

Otherwise this game wasn't on my radar but now I really want to try it out

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Are the songs the whole versions of them, or just samples?

They're basically verse/chorus/bridge samples, basically what you would want to use anyways, so I don't think it's a huge issue, it mostly just cuts down downtime in each song.

I'm curious on how the scoring of the game works, since it still seems to have star ratings and the like, so I don't know if the game encourages you to make "optimal mixes" or if you can do whatever you want, but then it wouldn't feel "like a game" since there is not a particular challenge to beat.

It's pretty difficult, you have to respond to fan requests, game requests, drop/pickup on time/beat etc. I'm in the first chapter still and taking multiple tries to 5 star each gig.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land

you have objectives to complete in a certain time
you also have optional requests from the crowd
you also get bonus points for dropping songs on particular beats etc.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
This mix from Niki's stream (the bottom video) was both transcendent & cursed 😅

I can' t stop replaying it

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As a mad Harmonix fan I so need to play this. Reviews sound amazing. It's a difficult time though with having just dropped (too much) money on two new systems this week. Will hopefully pick it up before the end of the year. Pumped to hear more impressions though!

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Something I will mention, as an avid Dropmix collector and player, do not discount the value of having any song available. Even if you don't "like" the song, variety is an incredible boon and you may find that the drums or keys from a song you'd normally never listen to slide into a mix with songs you do. This isn't a game about playing the songs you "like" and some of my favorite Dropmix mixes have parts from tracks I'd never have on a Spotify playlist.

The VIP edition is an absolutely ridiculous price though. I can't justify that.

It saves you $10 in the long run, IF you want all the songs. If not, you can buy them individually.

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the consensus on platform choice? I spent countless hours in college and high school with rock band. Is this like a parappa style scoring system?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
So what's the consensus on platform choice? I spent countless hours in college and high school with rock band. Is this like a parappa style scoring system?
switch has minor hitches and some slowdown on pre-show cutscenes in the campaign
no idea about consoles and no next-gen upgrades mentioned yet
pc might be unofficially moddable in the future maybe?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have they confirmed improvements for the new consoles?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Has nobody claimed an OT for this? I don't have time to, but someone really should! It deserves an actual real OT.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I'm guessing I'm gonna get real tired of hearing "Bring Me to Life" in mixes.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Y'all are hilarious.

But seriously- I'm taking tomorrow off, and devoting the day to playing Fuser on my new XSS. Can't wait. I'm a HMX fanboy since GH1- it's as close to an unofficial holiday as I have anymore.