• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Hrm. Who even publishes RB now that MadCatz doesn't exist anymore...
PDP probably picked up the pieces that MadCatz left behind. But from what I understood, Harmonix is the publisher of the game itself. But even if they are NCSOFT is the main publisher for FUSER, so I think those two companies don't want to cross the streams and make shit complicated on their ends.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
I'm excited for this it's been one of my most anticipated games
I just need to know what are the 25 extra dlc songs in the VIP edition
Before I purchase and I can't find any info Harmonix
Does anyone know what they are

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Screw it, just bought the VIP edition on PC. lol

It costs about the same as my original Dropmix board anyway.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbing the VIP edition. I love HMX ALOT!

Loved Dropmix (own all the cards lol) Own around 1400 rockband songs too lol

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a complete set of Dropmix in my closet (except the freaking Pyre promo, grr), so this is just my absolute jam. Can't wait for it to launch!

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Whoa, haven't heard about this and watching the stream. This looks impressive and lets me live out all my festival DJ dreams. Might cop.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, forgot they were doing this. Do you get all those DLC songs instantly in the VIP edition? I have over 2000 Rock Band songs so suffice it to say I don't mind supporting Harmonix lol

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, forgot they were doing this. Do you get all those DLC songs instantly in the VIP edition? I have over 2000 Rock Band songs so suffice it to say I don't mind supporting Harmonix lol
Yes, you'll get all the VIP when the game launches from what I understand. Should be noted that you'll be able to purchase them separately as well.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you'll get all the VIP when the game launches from what I understand. Should be noted that you'll be able to purchase them separately as well.
Cool, thanks! It seems fun but not like something that'll hold my attention for years like Rock Band so I might just go for the larger purchase up front in case I don't stick with it long.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Are the VIP edition's songs going to be available to buy separately?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for this on Tuesday. Two questions.

1. Have the streaming guidelines been mentioned yet?
  2. Have they confirmed DLC will be coming for it?

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Super excited for this on Tuesday. Two questions.

1. Have the streaming guidelines been mentioned yet?
  2. Have they confirmed DLC will be coming for it?
  1. Harmonix/NCSOFT have yet to post the finalized guidelines. They said on Gary's stream to expect those tomorrow. The things we do know, is to not have any Twitch VODs, and demonetize videos, but streaming is good to go.
  2. Yes, weekly DLC. The VIP Edition includes 25 of the first set of DLC tracks.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always down for a new Harmonix game. Is the DLC listed or is it a unknown thing?
vip_en-us.jpg
The list atm for dlc.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Harmonix/NCSOFT have yet to post the finalized guidelines. They said on Gary's stream to expect those tomorrow. The things we do know, is to not have any Twitch VODs, and demonetize videos, but streaming is good to go.
  2. Yes, weekly DLC. The VIP Edition includes 25 of the first set of DLC tracks.

Thanks!
*throws money at the screen*

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I was suppose to play test this game before pax east this year but couldnt make it because of work. So when I played this at Pax East I was so excited. I still wear the shirt I got from pax lol. Seeing the little improvements they have made sicne pax too is great. I really hope this gets the love it needs and I think this is perfect for little get togethers since we cant exacty do anything big atm lol.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
niki at fanbyte did an amazing set recently
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

The mix he starts at 54 minutes in starts a bit low, but holy shit what it turns into around 57:25 is fucking bonkers in the best way. You can tell he's gotten very familiar with it as a tool, not just a game.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted a preview video of all of the in-game instruments.

Also read an article that states that aside from the already-announced licensed music, we will also be getting internal tracks/Harmonix-created songs, which is great as I was hoping for more genre variety.

Harmonix said:
Fuser's track list is "about three-quarters licensed music, give or take," says Walsh, and the remaining fourth is made up of internal tracks. Walsh said the goal for these in-house songs was to provide different textures and sounds that would be difficult to get from licensed tracks, like peculiar instruments or subtler, mix-friendly add-ins.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I thought this game came out years ago? on phones? is this a remake of that or something brand new? Might need to check it out if it's a new thing

edit: I think I'm thinking of DropMix. Is this similar to that at all? Noticing the card thing.. and mixing music together.. that's probably why I thought this was the same thing.

edit 2: ok this sounds pretty awesome, i'm in

Last edited:

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, seems great! Looks like keyboard and mouse might be the interface to go tho

Edit: this software seems incredible. Seems like an incredible introduction to DJ mixing software
What excites me about Fuser is that it's a Harmonix game that lets you be more creative with music than what's been done in the genre before (aside from Dropmix, which I never had a chance to play).

Aside from choice of control options, I'm choosing PC on the chance that modding/custom songs happens, as well as for ease of capturing audio directly into my DAW.

My plan is to play through the Fuser campaign to learn all of the game/DJ mechanics, then spend all my time in free play mode and have it serve as a mashup and music creation tool. Much of my initial fun is going to be picking 2 random songs and messing around with them, like this (both of these songs are in the game):

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Okay I'm in but damn is that VIP pack pricey. An additional £40 for 25 songs? Barely seems like there's any sort of bundle discount at all.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
Do we know if the DLC songs are able to be purchased separately, or can you only get them by getting the VIP edition?

Last edited: