• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fuser, the incredible Djing/mash-up game from Rock Band wizards Harmonix, is free to download and play from today until this Sunday if you have XBLG. And it's on sale (across multiple platforms I think).

Play it! It's, at the very least, worth a weekend of fun.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor also in the Free Play Days.

news.xbox.com

Free Play Days – Fuser and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - Xbox Wire

Control the mix in your own virtual music festival and uncover the secrets of a fortress-monastery all in this weekend’s Free Play Days. Fuser and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr are available for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play from Thursday, February 18 at...

Control the mix in your own virtual music festival and uncover the secrets of a fortress-monastery all in this weekend's Free Play Days. Fuser and Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr are available for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play from Thursday, February 18 at 12:01 a.m. PST until Sunday, February 21 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

How to Start Playing

Find and install the games here on Xbox.com. Clicking through will send you to the Microsoft Store, where you must be signed in to see the option to install with your Xbox Live Gold membership. To download on console, click on the Subscriptions tab in the Xbox Store and enter the Gold member area to locate the Free Play Days collection on your Xbox One.

Keep the Fun Going

Purchase the games and other editions at a limited time discount and continue playing while keeping your Gamerscore and earned achievements during the event! Please note that discount percentage may vary by region.

Game Details

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this is the perfect kind of Gold weekend game. You can definitely get your fill of it in one weekend. Definitely play this.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the demo a few weeks ago and I liked it, even though they only let you play the tutorial.

Going to give this a go for sure.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Heard it's maybe not great with a controller, but I have been wanting to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Oct 29, 2017
I was looking forward to this so much but found it a bit annoying in the end.

Some people might like it but I found it overly complex with so much control that it stopped being fun and became a memory exercise.

Also found that the only real way to beat the challenges was to CONSTANTLY change songs in order to keep the crowd meter up. There wasn't really any flexibility for just letting a mix ride out. I guess there's free play mode for that but I'd have liked the challenge mode to be a more less tightly controlled and heavily restricted.

It's absolutely worth a go over the weekend though. I've put in a good few hours and mostly had fun but I've dropped off pretty hard. It doesn't help that it takes forever to unlock songs either.

But yeah, definitely give it a go.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I tried it and its pretty great. Gonna get it on PS5 though its $35 instead of $38 like on Xbox plus I have $10 of Sony Rewards money to cash in. It's really fun to jam out though and a natural progression of what I wanted DJ Hero to become.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish that they fixed the campaign, getting 5 stara isnt fun at all

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I played it on Switch and it seemed like a very cool idea and well executed but my god the performance. Play it on any platform but that one

And yeah I heard the 5 starring stuff is not great

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to download it on the Xbox and it shows as 38.99 rather than free to install. Did I miss it?

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The only person I have heard say this is Jeff from Giant Bomb and he is wrong lol.its playable and fun with a controller.

I've no doubt that the game would control better with a mouse. I mean, look at the interface.

However, agreed, I get on fine with a controller. It's perfectly playable.