• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The Invincible mode: A set of commands to become invincible, skip a fight, skip or lock a certain phase in a fight, or weaken a boss. It enables anyone to enjoy the audiovisual and narrative experience that is Furi. But also proves handy for the most hardcore players who want to practice their fight, in particular speedrunners looking to improve their record.

Speedrun in Furier: You can now speedrun the game in Furier (hard) difficulty after you finish a speedrun in Furi difficulty. In Furier difficulty, the boss patterns are redesigned, so it's a real new challenge. The world record to beat the game in Furier is just under 45 minutes!

Control Scheme D: Alternate control scheme that helps dodging or parrying while shooting / slashing, and was designed based on discussion with the game community.
Plus some minor fixes.

The update for the retail Switch version by LRG is still in lotcheck and will be available a bit later...
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1113847608349425664

edit: the LRG retail patch is now live on Switch. It's version 1.5.138.

Last edited:

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
what an opportune time for this to come out, particularly for such a renowned for being hard game. delicious.

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought the game thanks to the discount.

Always feels really good when you wait a long ass time to pick a game up and then it get a fairly large update and discount.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Always nice to see post release support. I hit a wall with Furi so will be nice to be able to experience the whole game. The soundtrack is truly top notch, will be fun to hear it in context properly

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How hard is this game? I've been meaning to check it out for a while

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Kinda irrelevant with this update :D

Composers: Yoko Shimomura, ACE, Kenji Hiramatsu, Manami Kyiota
Genre: Just Really Pleasant GOAT
Multiplayer: You'll be a hermit for a hundred plus hours.
Motion Controls: You will not move.
Potato Mode aka Tatsu Mode: Of course.
amiibo: No. :(
Video Capture: Yes!!
eShop Download Size: MB
Languages (audio): English/Japanese (that's a yes for dual-audio, in case it wasn't clear)
Global SKU: Yes.
Game Download/Official Site: Europe | North America | Japan
Time: Reyn Time
Review Thread | Spoiler Thread | XenoEra Community | Xenoblade 2 OT | Torna Expansion OT | Xenoblade X OT | Future Connected OT

Composers:
??
Genre: GOAT Desert
Multiplayer: It's still just you.
Potato Mode aka Tatsu Mode: Still.
amiibo: Meh meh. :(
Video Capture: Yes!!
Time: We will never know, if only somsone could tell us
Review Thread | Spoiler Thread | XenoEra Community | Xenoblade 2 OT | Torna Expansion OT | Xenoblade X OT | Xenoblade DE OT

Last edited:

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
This is extremely cool. Now nobody's got an excuse to not play this amazing game! The spectacle and the soundtrack are more than enough reasons to enjoy Furi.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's quite the challenge but brilliant. Pure skill focused and no way to cheese anything.

Deceptively simple mechanics that have loads of depth without going into the realm of bloat or over-complexity. As your skill level rises the mechanics continue to become more and more refined. Highly recommend people checking out speedrun strats for the game after getting to grips as that is where the game really shines.

To compare it to a recent game. Sekiro is a game that feels like they wanted a combat system in the vein of Furi but doesn't get anywhere close, the combat in Furi is probably the finest in giving you a limited tool set but there always being more room for growth, to get better, to get faster, to do multiple things at once. These foundations are the basics you see in every action game in some form, so if you can get good at Furi you should never have a problem difficulty wise with any other action game.

Joesph Anderson did a very in-depth review about it a few years back that is worth checking out.

Last edited:

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
It's also got a steep discount on Xbox right now (think it was around $5 when I looked), so grab this great game, yo!

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Great! Got stuck on the third boss when it played it last and dropped it. Didn't have the time or patience to continue. I'll give it anther try with this update.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
How does it run on Switch? I'm tempted, cause I love the OST but I never got that far when I tried it on the PS4.

Oggy

Oct 28, 2017
U.S.
Great update all around. The ability to lock in a phase for practice is something I have needed for Furier difficulty.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
This reminds me...

Is the DLC boss fight worth the three bucks? I beat the game ages ago and then that DLC came out but I kinda keep forgetting to try it.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
one of the best experience of the gen gets better for everyone to enjoy at their own desire.

I urge everyone to try it. It's a game a lot of people could learn from

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The timing is ironic given the current threads going on here about difficulty and easy modes.

IMO this is absolutely the right way to handle "difficulty," which is to say that games should allow players to customize the experience to their own liking via additional options (understanding that it is not the intended experience), and designers should concentrate on designing and balancing the game as they intended it to be played.

"Easy mode" is no guarantee of success, accessibility, or even enjoyment, so you might as well go all in and let players decide what easy or fun are for themselves.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
hm, reminds me I should check back in on this now that I have a new PS4 controller. When it came out the game's dodge actually didn't work properly because it hated certain older/worn-out pads and I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Now this is an easy mode I can get behind. I forget the specifics but I had a lot of issues with the controls which made me get to the point where I was getting more frustrated than having fun. It sucked because I really liked the music and the whole style of the game. Kind of late but sure, I'll go back and give it a second shot.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Furi - Release date July 5th 2016
Today - April 4th 2019

Era - "That's how you do it! Inclusivity for all!.... or at least in 3 years!!! Take that From Software and Sekiro, which was just only released!"

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
People are already alluding to this in the posts previous to mine. Just making sure people understand the time between the two events. Great update, glad the dev had time and resources to do this.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hm, reminds me I should check back in on this now that I have a new PS4 controller. When it came out the game's dodge actually didn't work properly because it hated certain older/worn-out pads and I felt like I was taking crazy pills.

Might have just not been fast enough on release. You don't dash until you release the button as you can charge it to land very precisely (which is vital for hard mode or speed running), a lot of people thought it was lag or their pad so would press the button harder which would just delay the dash.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Really glad to see all these added options.

Edit: Said almost the exact same thing as Stevie, ha.

Oct 27, 2017
Furi - Release date July 5th 2016
Today - April 4th 2019

Era - "That's how you do it! Inclusivity for all!.... or at least in 3 years!!! Take that From Software and Sekiro, which was just only released!"
Hey hey. Whoa now. Don't take away their win. I remember dozens if not hundreds of people posting zero threads asking for more accessibility in Furi on this very site. You see guys, when you let the artist develop and update their game how they see fit, it ultimately proves how everyone saying we should let From develop Sekiro with their vision are wrong and the incessant whining and bickering wins in the end.

I'm sure this will sell like a hot potato now that people who didn't like or care enough to play the game on it's terms can skip the game part and enjoy the wonders of cheat codes.

Wait what..

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Kudos to the devs for offering more options, that's absolutely fantastic.

(I'd also missed the announcement of Haven, and goddamn, does it look gorgeous! Woah. I'll definitely be keeping track of the game)

Oct 29, 2017
Dang this is 55% off on Switch right now. Anyone who has it on Switch can comment on the performance? Thinking about picking this up.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games of all time imo. Everyone should play this.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Dang this is 55% off on Switch right now. Anyone who has it on Switch can comment on the performance? Thinking about picking this up.
earlier on this page:
Perfect for me. One of the games of the year when it came out on Switch.
No tearing IIRC, but there are drops when there's a lot of bullets on screen. The game holds up pretty well overall though,

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game that only has bosses and they still find a way to ef it up. Felt like a chore from start to finish.