• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
I'd missed this up until now, so thanks for bumping the thread - Have just chipped in! Very excited for the book.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'd missed this up until now, so thanks for bumping the thread - Have just chipped in! Very excited for the book.

Thank you so much!

Anyone else who's on the fence or waiting–there is absolutely no pressure or obligation. I'll do my best to keep it around after it hits the funding goal. There's also an ebook that offers a lower-priced option for those who don't need the physical thing.

Anyway, next week I hope to have some great news for backers and yet-to-be-backers alike. Stay tuned! :)

EteRnal PAL

Oct 27, 2017
I just backed this as a patron. Thanks for bumping this thread because didn't even know this existed. Looking forward to getting this in my hands!

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

supafamiman

Oct 27, 2017
Backed this a while ago. Don't know how you've detective'd up all this good info, cvxfreak. You are quite the fan.

I love RE series and even more so now with RE2 and RE3 Remake coming soon and look forward to your book!

Lanaka

May 11, 2018
Pledged for the $35 Hardcover edition. Been a fan of Alex's work since hearing him on 8-4 years ago, very interested in seeing the culmination of his efforts. Congratulations, cvxfreak!

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Thank you everyone for the support! We met the funding goal and then some–this wouldn't have been possible without everyone's support.

sX3M8yp.gif

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Will it be available on Amazon or other bookstores once published, or is Unbound the only distributer?

At this rate, it will probably reach general availability given how far past the goal it's gone. No promises, and it might only be Amazon UK. But we'll try. Honestly, the best way to get the book is to back it on Unbound.

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Thank you everyone for the support! We met the funding goal and then some–this wouldn't have been possible without everyone's support.

sX3M8yp.gif

How are you planning to celebrate? A full playthrough of Umbrella Corps? Lol

Also, is there any indication when copies might be shipping please? I'm quite excited to read it!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Any word on the status of this now that it's been funded? Looking forward to reading it.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Damn this is gonna be great. Used to use CVXFreaks guides back on Gamefaqs like 20 years ago lmao

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Damn this is gonna be great. Used to use CVXFreaks guides back on Gamefaqs like 20 years ago lmao
Using it right now to finally get through CVX HD version! It's quite enjoyable now I'm not backtracking over half the game area looking for something I forgot to pick up...

Hoping there's some kind of progress update soon as I was under the impression the book was already written, yet the Unbound page says it's still in progress.

edit: what timing! Unbound update just arrived in my inbox, stating:

- The final pre-edited draft has been submitted to Unbound and is currently being edited. The book, as I mentioned, is over 60,000 words in its current format, so it will take time for it to be edited and completed to the satisfaction of both sides.

- Our timeline for launch is sometime in 2020, although it's honestly hard to pinpoint the exact month at this stage. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. My honest prediction would be no later than October (the one year mark from when the campaign started), but I can't promise that just yet-it could be later. We hope it will be worth the wait, no matter when it hits!

- We've had talks with different parties over the rights of non-English language versions of the book (i.e. Spanish, French, etc.). Talks are going very well and we hope to have some news on this later in 2020!

- We're also figuring out the logistics of an AudioBook version. We'll have more to announce when the time comes.

Great news! Really looking forward to reading this one.

For the audiobook, I wonder whether the guy that announces 'RESIDENT EVIL' on the title screens could be drafted in somehow? Alternatively the RE4 merchant guy has quite a manner to him...
or Steve Burnside's actor I guess?

Last edited:

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Another update!

Great news – the final manuscript for An Itchy, Tasty History of Resident Evil has been handed in.

Up next is the editorial bit, where one of our team will review the manuscript from cover to cover, and work with the author to start turning this project into a real life, hold-it-in-your-hands book.

Hopefully not too long to go now...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Glad I spotted this having missed it before so thanks for the bump - hopped onboard. Between this and the Dark Souls book on Kickstarter I've got some solid reading to look forward to.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, I just became aware of this book today, the day I beat Resident Evil 3 for the first time after falling back into the franchise in the run up to the next REmake. I'll absolutely be getting this!

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The manuscript of An Itchy, Tasty History of Resident Evil has been reviewed by our editorial team and is going for a developmental edit.

We've partnered Alex Aniel with our best development editor for this type of book, and are excited to see them work together to make sure the manuscript is in the best shape it can be.

giphy.gif

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Apologies for the necro bump, but just wanted to say the ebook is available to backers now I believe.

Just got my email and have it downloaded, ready to get stuck into tonight!

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Depending on the length of the book and the complexity of the design and editorial work, it could be months yet. I'd expect it sometime around the end of 2020 and if it turns up sooner, that's a bonus.

...and if a global pandemic hits in the meantime, of course :-D

Downloaded my copy of the eBook today and had a quick skim through, but I'll be waiting for the print edition to land before really digging in. Great to see it complete though!