• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
Yes its a falsehood to say we won the senate in 2018 and based on that UNDERperformance in a worse year, that we're going to take over.

You arent making an argument for why a net loss of senate seats in 2018 means that, under even tougher circumstances, we're going to take control of the senate.
2020 Senate map is more favorable to Democrats than 2018 was. Republicans were projected to gain seats (and did).

2020 has 4 competitive Democrat-held seats and 11 Republican.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yes its a falsehood to say we won the senate in 2018 and based on that UNDERperformance in a worse year, that we're going to take over.

You arent making an argument for why a net loss of senate seats in 2018 means that, under even tougher circumstances, we're going to take control of the senate.
You're the one who cherry picked the Senate. The Senate map was always unfavorable. But the massive overall progress in state level races and the House shouldn't be set aside like you're trying to do. Pre 2018 standing for Dems in those offices were dire to say the least. That original quote wasn't talking only about the Senate, but races overall at all levels. Dem voters didn't choose to neglect lower level races for once.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

Yeah, OK. You keep telling yourself that.

I never even said that they've won the Senate in 2018 at all, I said that they've won the House. Read my post again.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
A video of him bragging about grabbing women by the pussy didn't stop him getting elected, I doubt this will lead him to become convicted by the senate.

We're fucked.

Oct 26, 2017
All it shows me is that parnas isn't some stranger trump hardly knows and just took pictures with. Likely has more and is saving his ass currently in real time.

Surely everyone has 1 hr videos with Trump that he doesn't even know.

This.

Yeah this doesn't directly prove that Trump "knew" Parnas. But it does mean Parnas has been in his orbit since early 2018 and isn't some rando in a photo line. It also gives credibility to Parnas' recent statements because so far the receipts have mostly been backing up what he's saying.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were tapes/recordings with Rudy talking to Trump. This video/audio seems like a warning shot from someone. Parans' lawyer made it clear the original release to ABC didn't come from them. So it was either SDNY or Igor. Neither is good news for Trump and co-conspirators.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
This is a real intendment of the lack security at the White House now
I don't think you can really secure against the president saying shit at a public dinner. If he thinks a golf legend (who's apparently an asshole)'s grandson deserves to hear our trade secrets, then apparently he deserves to hear them.

Him doing personal favors for donors should be a story here. It's literally the same as the Ukrainian one story (except true this time). His base won't care.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is what pisses me off with the rich when investments go wary and they cry & blame the government/previous president and ask the president personally to come to help them make things better. Fucking snowflakes.

This was a RISK. If the investment is not showing promise, you now back out and take the loss. No one owes you to succeed.

Fucking leeches.

Yeah this was the most infuriating part.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's the fact a private citizen is recording a conversation with the president. you don't see how that's a problem? this guy could've blackmailed the POTUS.

I'm glad he did obviously but the SS failed here
Secret service protection detail's job is to ensure the physical safety of VIPs like the President, not to protect the integrity of the office.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
theyre already starting with:

"this was in 2018 Biden didn't announce he was running until April 2019"

*checkmate libtard*
Yeah, this was obvious. Funny enough, it proves why more witnesses are needed. They know the act. They know it was wrong. They made assumptions as to the root cause of the withholding of aid, but seem to be mistaken. Unfortunately for the GOP, it's actually worse than wanting to dirty up Biden's name. Trump is discussing betraying an ally and openly wondering how it then benefits Russia.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
I love that one dumbass in the recording : 'we need autonomous trucks that can deliver goods between cities, not driven by truck drivers since there's a shortage! And those trucks need their own road!!"

....do you mean trains,you dumb fuck? I can't even. Stupidity just attracts stupidity.

Sent the video to my religious family and highlighted 1:12 in where they start calling him The Messiah and he agrees. Either they'll get down on their knees and worship him too or consider it sacrilegious. I'm hoping for the latter obviously.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I just love how paranoid Trump is going to be from now on.
From now on? Let's not forget about how the White House tried multiple times to confiscate white house staff phones to find leakers despite it being proven at least one time of the leakers is Trump himself bragging to one of his rich associates?

Instead of dealing with his own incompetence he started spreading rumors about a Deep State out to get him.

He has been paranoid since the 2nd month of his term.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
:54 about Bernie Sanders and Hilary.

Also... can anyone translate what Parnas is saying in various parts of this video?

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised this thread only has 5 pages... this is CRAZY access into convos you would never hear. There's alot of stuff in there.

Sure there's a bunch of ass kissing, and everyone's not being totally transparent... but still, this is surreal. If you have headphones on, you feel like you are there.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
After listening to this, it's wild to think that we used to have to wait years or even decades after a presidency ended to get scoops on what US Presidents said or did behind closed doors yet, by this point in the Trump admin, we've had several books, off-the-record and on-the-record quotes, massive leaks and finally full video/audio that shows just how much a fucking idiot this guy is.

Like, goddamn, stuff like this is like those racist ass Reagan tapes but it came out during this dude's presidency. Unreal.

I can't wait for this guy to be booted/term-limited from office and roundly reviled/excluded from most of society. I also can't wait to vote in the next elections and then hopefully leave this country because any place that can elect such a supremely unqualified bigot is firmly in shithole territory.

Last edited:

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Has this been in the news in America? Not made any news channels in the UK as far as I'm aware. I thought it looked like a pretty big deal, like stone cold hard evidence that he arranged the whole thing exactly like the dems laid out. The fact he said he doesn't know Parnas which is clearly bullshit. Have we just become so used to him lying out his ass that we just accept it now?

Oct 31, 2017
Regarding this crazy shit (the entirety of it) and the lack of proper attention/care: the problem is that the general public has been gaslit/debased into virtual submission. Not good at all. There's been nothing good about any of this for 3 years, and it's only getting worse.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I skimmed through it and every time i stopped to listen Trump was bigging himself up or someone was kissing his ass.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to think what actual spies have managed to grab off this guy's meetings and what information they may have.

In the Normal Verse and not the Hell World we find ourselves in, this would be the biggest scandal in the year.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, this was obvious. Funny enough, it proves why more witnesses are needed. They know the act. They know it was wrong. They made assumptions as to the root cause of the withholding of aid, but seem to be mistaken. Unfortunately for the GOP, it's actually worse than wanting to dirty up Biden's name. Trump is discussing betraying an ally and openly wondering how it then benefits Russia.

This right here is the shocking part. It's insane that no one seems to care about the US President re-arranging the geopolitical landscape to prop up a rival. We got the whistleblower, I guess. But how many looked away before we got there?

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I don't see how the ultimate impact of this will be anything more than a deluded Trump twitter rant, and some consistent, unified, and childish GOP obstruction. This Kind of outrageous ineptitude has been Trump administrations' status quo since day one and we have not even come close to forcing accountability on their actions.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda shocked that this is being treated as just another gaffe from the Trump admin. USA as a nation really has turned a corner where blatant corruption doesn't matter to people as long as it keeps their party in power. Sure, corruption and wrongdoing in US government institutions is nothing new but I don't think it was ever this transparent or wide.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda shocked that this is being treated as just another gaffe from the Trump admin. USA as a nation really has turned a corner where blatant corruption doesn't matter to people as long as it keeps their party in power. Sure, corruption and wrongdoing in US government institutions is nothing new but I don't think it was ever this transparent or wide.

Welcome to normalization in action.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still amazed that one thing Trump does would sink any other President.

I like at least how the video shows Trump isn't suffering mental decline, just stupid and ignorant so no escape from prison on medical grounds.

Deleted member 43514

Banned
May 16, 2018
I don't think you can really secure against the president saying shit at a public dinner. If he thinks a golf legend (who's apparently an asshole)'s grandson deserves to hear our trade secrets, then apparently he deserves to hear them.

Him doing personal favors for donors should be a story here. It's literally the same as the Ukrainian one story (except true this time). His base won't care.
The only thing that will stop him is if he loses. He would leak secrets out of spite. If he "wins" again it's over with. Newsweek just did an interview with a former Russian troll farmer and he bitterly denounces Americans for not taking this seriously. He says Putin, along with Netanyahu and the Saudis will do whatever it takes for Trump to win again. I hate his sick base and supporters with a passion. I turned away from Christianity because of it.

what truly frightens new if he is this freewheeling with supposed allies, what could the saudis, russians and Chinese intelligence services have on him? And more importantly, have on us?

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
shocked, I am so shocked.
nothing will happen since his base are behind him and republicans(senate) will not do anything. they don't care.
democrats need to come together, when it's time to vote. no matter who it is.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Parnas knew exactly who he was dealing with... someone who wouldn't hesitate in backstabbing you when it was convenient or beneficial to him.

I imagine there's a lot of tapes out there. At least three people now who were recording him: Cohen, Parnas, and if the rumors are correct, Omarosa.

Hopefully they're just waiting for October to drop the juicy ones.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think omarosa has anything. Why wouldnt she release it after all this time.

The only reason i see would be to save it for the election.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Is this not highly unacceptable secretly recording in the whitehouse