• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019

Happy 25 year anniversary to one of the best point n click adventures of all time. An exceptionally comfortable and entertaining game with an almost perfect length and pacing.

If you still haven't played it, the remastered version is amazing and can be bought on nearly any system.

www.gog.com

Full Throttle Remastered

Released by LucasArts in 1995, Full Throttle is a classic graphic adventure game from ind

Last edited:

Deleted member 37679

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
i was so excited when they released it but playing it i somehow thought "its not the same anymore"

*edited for grammar

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I miss games like these

There's plenty of them still. Go support them, lots of amazing ones.

But while Full Throttle is a timeless classic, I disagree about the length. It's kinda short and locales don't fell that unique, imo. But difficulty and pacing were perfect.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Great game, just is not one of my favorites from lucasarts haha.

Yeah adventures are good today with more focus on storytelling but I wish they made more classic style "point n click" ones with tools to help people stuck with puzzles/finding items.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Happy 25 year anniversary to one of the best point n click adventures of all time. An exceptionally comfortable and entertaining game with an almost perfect length and pacing.

Honestly, I wished it was a little bit longer, but otherwise an amazing adventure, up there with Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max Hit the Road and The Dig - Lucas Arts classics. Even though I played it two decades ago, I still remember Ben and Maureen.... and whenever I think of Maureen, I think of two things: asphalt and trouble.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Adventure games used to be my favourite genre. From Sierra Classics, to Lucas Arts to more modern efforts...
I've never played this game.
How very odd.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Loved that game. I got stuck at one point and had to break down and buy the strategy guide.

Opa-Opa

Banned
Oct 16, 2018

Almost too many to count, but from the creator of FT himself, Tim Schaefer, there is Broken Age. In my opinion, his pinnacle (tied with Day of the Tentacle).

New episodic King's Quest was incredible too, imo. Deponia series is not as polished as these classics, but I'm having a blast (going into the 3rd one).
Played a lot of Ron Gilbert's Wadget Eye games and they're incredible (best one is Resonance) and Tumbleweed Park was good too.

And Kathy Rain, another one I liked a lot.
Never played them all, obviously, but telltale games, especially the Sam and Max series, are very good.

List can go on and on. Recommend the first one first, Broken Age, though.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I have fond memories, but lets be clear, it has some of the worst puzzles in lucasarts history. Some of them are pretty obtuse, and the backgrounds often don't make clear things are selectable.

It's a shame as with better puzzles (and an actually finished game, it has a big chunk cut), it would be one of the best. The story and characters and world are fantastic. I think that's pretty much par for the course with Schafer, that's where his talent lies, you can see the same thing in Grim (and from what I hear broken age, I never finished it as I was so disappointed by the puzzles).

I think if he did a collaboration with Gilbert or Grossman again you'd see something really special.

Depends what you liked about Throttle I guess. Some great adventure games from after the golden age:

Thimbleweed Park (the best, made by ron gilbert)
Ben There, Dan That & Time Gentleman Please (funniest P&C games since the lucasarts golden age - only play if you like british humour though. Dirt cheap bundle of two games)
Lair of the Clockwork God (P&C/platform fusion made by the ben and dan dev. same condition applies)
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Dropsy
Primordia
Blackwell series (5 game series, first 4 are available in a bundle)
Technobabylon
Kathy Rain
Shadowgate 2014 (remake of the original, so only play if you don't mind dying quite a bit)
The Shivah (super short)

It's amusing that wrong gilbert does actually sound like ron gilbert phonetically lol

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I only played this one and I did love it. The sequel can't come soon enough.

Some of the other suggestions are nothing like the LucasArts classics though.

Well, no, but you didn't say what you missed about FT lol, so I just listed good adventure games

if you want a lucasarts vibe in every facet of the game, Thimbleweed Park is what you want.

Opa-Opa

Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I only played this one and I did love it. The sequel can't come soon enough.

Some of the other suggestions are nothing like the LucasArts classics though.

Little variety in gameplay, sure. But ingenuity in puzzles and humor were as important to LucasArts as any SCUMM. So those still have that.

And don't be fooled by telltales gameplay. It may look like it's only cinematic, but there's still plenty of typical point and click puzzle solving in them. Same as King's Quest.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
My favorite thing to do in Full Throttle was screwing up the segment where you play the knife and hand game lol. His screams were just to funny to me when I was a kid. Also when you click on him and you don't have anything, just him saying "I don't have anything" use to crack me up. Also busting out of the dumpster was really satisfying for some reason.

OP
OP
Samiya

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Tim sat down on a livestream and talked about the game. Check it out: