• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brian Rood is one of the best official artists Lucasfilm uses. This poster is gorgeous. And includes some new TROS characters we have yet to see in trailers.

v05doi0cngq31.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how Kylo's helmet is framed in the center like he's the main villain when he's spent the entire trilogy being a pissy dweeb.

Good art, but the positioning of Kylo makes it seem like they're trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Palpatine isn't on it since everyone knows he's around. Don't want to spoil his look I guess?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's funny how Kylo's helmet is framed in the center like he's the main villain when he's spent the entire trilogy being a pissy dweeb.

Good art, but the positioning of Kylo makes it seem like they're trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.

Lol

Can't say I disagree

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017

iO16v1N.gif

Most school shooters start out (and continue to be) as "pissy dweebs".

I mentioned it in the other thread, but Phasma (understandably) gets short-shrifted yet again.

I mean, she's on the poster (and not tucked away in a corner or anything like that).

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'll say it again, I really hope Richard E. Grant has something good to do in the film other than provide reaction shots on X Star Destroyer.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
It represents the sequel trilogy perfectly.

A bunch of nostalgia regurgitation and weightless ideas holding it together .

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Beautiful!!! I didn't realize Richard E. Grant was going to be in the fim.

Also Leia ;_____;

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome. My personal two favorite moments from episodes VII and VIII front and center.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I like it. There's a certain charm about these types of posters... though it might just be me liking hand drawn things in general.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this style of poster that just crams every god damn thing onto it in a rough shape. I know it's evocative of the Struzen originals, but even he doesn't always nail it. This is just too much. Also the style makes it look like the cover of one of those kid's tie in picture books or something.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

He's the main villain.

Vader's helmet hovers in the center-back of the OT and ROTS posters.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He's the main villain.

Vader's helmet hovers in the center-back of the OT and ROTS posters.

Vader is actually an effective antagonist.

Kylo spends two straight movies throwing tantrums like a giant baby, and I don't see JJ somehow making him into a compelling antagonist in the third film when all the signs point to him going for a redemption arc instead.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Vader is actually an effective antagonist.

Kylo spends two straight movies throwing tantrums like a giant baby, and I don't see JJ somehow making him into a compelling antagonist in the third film when all the signs point to him going for a redemption arc instead.
Whether you like him as a villain or not doesn't dispute the fact that he IS the villain and one of the main characters of this trilogy.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay.

Kinda laughed at the Knights of Ren having as much presence as Stormtroopers.

The knights are gonna be a bunch of jabronies aren't they?

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
No, the positioning of Kylo in the center makes it seem like the trilogy is about the light/dark sides of the force tearing him apart. And I think it's good symbolism??

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Whether you like him as a villain or not doesn't dispute the fact that he IS the villain and one of the main characters of this trilogy.

Again, like I said. It's all a failure in execution. They have consistently failed to sell Kylo Ren, he's basically the Roman Reigns of Star Wars characters.

No, the positioning of Kylo in the center makes it seem like the trilogy is about the light/dark sides of the force tearing him apart. And I think it's good symbolism??

And yet he's flanked on both sides by light side users. If they wanted to visually represent him being torn apart by the duality of the Force they would've needed to put a Dark Side character on one side.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
But that's the point. Vader and Kylo are different types of villains. Kylo is modeled more on a modern sort of school shooter/neonazi persona.

So considering they're trying to redeem him, the theme of the trilogy is "better hug the Nazi so he won't be a Nazi anymore"? Is that really what Star Wars needs to be about?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title: "Look at this cool Star Wars thi--"

Every third response: "I HATE STAR WARS. I FUCKING HATE THE LAST JEDI AND I FUCKING HATE THE SEQUELS. STAR WARS. FUCK. I HATE IT. FUUUUUUUU--"

Some of you need to seek out a professional to talk through these things in a quiet environment.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This poster is a bit weird as it's less Sequel Trilogy and more 7&8, right?

LIke the other Trilogy Posters showed things from all 3 films.

Unless they are going to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate the Mural and add to it at the end.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This poster is a bit weird as it's less Sequel Trilogy and more 7&8, right?

LIke the other Trilogy Posters showed things from all 3 films.

Unless they are going to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate the Mural and add to it at the end.

There's Episode IX stuff on the poster. Lando, the Richard E. Grant character, Keri Russell's character whose name I can't remember.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need that on my wall.

Wait, we're pretending Kylo's not the main villain? Lol