• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This whole Joker in Smash/P5R/P5S debacle has been insufferable with microscopic portions being drip fed, announcements of announcements months in advance, seemingly interminable leaks and a whole lot of confusion on fans.

Please just end this already.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This whole Joker in Smash/P5R/P5S debacle has been insufferable with microscopic portions being drip fed, announcements of announcements months in advance, seemingly interminable leaks and a whole lot of confusion on fans.

Please just end this already.
I'm hoping so too. Plus the fact that everyone seems to think we 100% know Dragon Quest is coming next makes it worse.

Just release joker, reveal the DQ dude and get it over with at this point. Speculation isn't that fun right now.

Dr.Osiris

Oct 14, 2018
If nintendo wasn't cheap with their money, the in-game characters would look like those renders. Too bad though.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Why does this suggest a Direct at all.

This is absurd grasping at straws.

They said the same thing when this exact same render leaked weeks ago from Best Buy.

We know it will be within the next 9 days but nothing saying it will be this week. We'll see tomorrow at 10AM EST though (no they are not dropping Smash news unannounced)

Oct 26, 2017
They said the same thing when this exact same render leaked weeks ago from Best Buy.

We know it will be within the next 9 days but nothing saying it will be this week. We'll see tomorrow at 10AM EST though (no they are not dropping Smash news unannounced)

Why will a Direct be in the next 9 days.

Why does there have to be a Direct before e3.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
Smash Direct time. Will show everything the big April update includes, starting with gameplay footage of Joker. Then we get some extra modes (including the already confirmed Stage Builder) but hopefully Break the Targets and Home Run Contest. A bunch of new Spirit Battles, and finally the reveal trailer for Character #72. All part of the next update, available as soon as the Direct is over.

Dr.Osiris

Oct 14, 2018
It's not about being cheap with money, but rather the limits of the Switch power-wise.
lol why even type this
Like I can't believe you typed this up and actually decided to hit submit.
It wouldn't be an Era thread without a bafflingly stupid take
Smash Ultimate runs at a locked 60 FPS with 8 characters on the screen. How on Earth do you expect render-like characters to run on a Switch.

Trust me I know the switch can't do those graphics hence why I said nintendo is cheap. The switch is same price as ps4 (where I live).

Sad I have to explain...

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Trust me I know the switch can't do those graphics hence why I said nintendo is cheap. The switch is same price as ps4 (where I live).

Sad I have to explain...
Price, maybe. But the Switch is nowhere near the PS4's power level. It literally can't be due to its portable form factor.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017

Sad I have to explain...
Switch has newer tech than the PS4 and it's portable (and includes a touchscreen/battery/dock). Pure horsepower isn't everything when it comes to cost...

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sad I have to explain...
It's also portable and the PS4 isn't. That compact and very slim form factor slipped with an HD touch screen don't come cheap.

If the PS4 came in a compact portable form factor with a screen of the same size I assure you it'd be significantly more expensive than the switch.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You can't truly believe the switch is worth its price. Please...

I'm still waiting for your explanation.
It's a fact that making the PS4 in the form factor required for a handheld would be more expensive than switch currently is. I'm lead to believe that Switch is pretty much state of the art for a handheld at its price point, can you prove it isn't?

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, Im thinking DC Joker. Not sure who the hell this guy is.