• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Shin Godzilla.

I haven't researched the events of that disaster fully but remember the backlash of how the government handled it in the media (which Shin Godzilla satirizes). So I don't know about the scientists involved and how things went down and wondering if this is a true-ish version of events or propaganda to avoid looking bad in something more akin to Chernobyl.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Interesting to see a non Godzilla/Live Action Anime adaptation Japanese film getting a dub.

Oct 25, 2017
it feels weird to see a disaster movie based on something so recent
Is it?
There was an international movie about the Indian OceanTsunami within 8 years

and different situation but loads of 9/11 stuff was within like 5 years.

The kinda weird thing personally was this season of Unsolved Mysteries that had Japanese ghost stories about the tsunami,
that felt kinda soon and weird but they were also really interesting, unique and "fun" as far as ghost stories/folklore goes.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Is it?
There was an international movie about the Indian OceanTsunami within 8 years

and different situation but loads of 9/11 stuff was within like 5 years.

The kinda weird thing personally was this season of Unsolved Mysteries that had Japanese ghost stories about the tsunami,
that felt kinda soon and weird but they were also really interesting, unique and "fun" as far as ghost stories/folklore goes.

Documentary type stuff I can see, the CG waves in this reminded me of like the corny Hollywood disaster flicks.
Maybe it was the awkward dub making it seem like a joke

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Is that thumbnail bullshit or did an explosion like that actually happen?

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
The idea is interesting but the Trailer looks like a full on Michael Bay shitbox.
I hope the movie is better.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
LOL

Did they dub the "sound effects" too?

Those "putting on clothes/items" and "taping things up" sound bits were hilariously overdone.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is available with English subtitles and the the Japanese voices. I can't stand films with dub overs.