• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loved Fuddruckers. How could they not transition to feeding cafeteria style or something

I have a Fuddruckers near me and was bummed that they were closed during the time I was sheltering-in-place (I'm currently back at work). Now that they're open again, I really should get some take-out while I still can. As well as some bread... The buns are so good. šŸ¤¤

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Dangit. There's a Fuddruckers connected to the iMax movie theater up the road from me (...connected to a furniture store, because that's how we roll in MA I guess). In the before times I'd go there occasionally to grab a burger and watch the latest Marvel flick. It was a pretty good way to de-stress.

Here's hoping they make it through in some form.
This was my first thought as a MA resident. Have watched most of the Marvel movies there, and always stop by and eat there. 2020 continues to suck.

I have a Fuddruckers near me and was bummed that they were closed during the time I was sheltering-in-place (I'm currently back at work). Now that they're open again, I really should get some take-out while I still can. As well as some bread... The buns are so good. šŸ¤¤
This was my first thought as a MA resident. Have watched most of the Marvel movies there, and always stop by and eat there. 2020 continues to suck.
Yeah, that's our Fuddruckers too; attached to Jordan's Furniture. Sad if they close; we like to go there then wander the bizarre thing that is Jordons, which seems more like a move set than a furniture store.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I used to like Fuddruckers a lot when I was a kid. The location back home had a Gauntlet Legends arcade cab that I sunk a lot of quarters into. I came across one fairly recently and took my family in and told them I used to like eating there. The location we stopped in was one of the filthiest restaurants I've ever been in, the food took forever, and I got pretty sick from the burger.
If this winds up being the end for them, I'll always have memories of Gauntlet Legends, I guess.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
E779-D0-A1-4-DDE-48-C6-A4-BE-2-FDA1-BD5-C453.png

I'm not sure about anyone that didn't visualize this upon reading the thread title.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw a Fuddruckers for the first time in years yesterday as I was driving from Alabama to North Carolina. RIP I guess

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
We just drove past Fuddruckers the other day and I promised to take my daughter when Covid is over. This sucks.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
I dunno, maybe it was because I only ever went to one Fudds location when I did stop in, but I gotta say, I ain't mourning at the grave of a burger that doesn't try. And is always overcooked. šŸ‘€ Fudds off 114 in Massachusetts, btw.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This isn't the first time the parent company of Fuddruckers has gone bankrupt. Luby's only bought the brand in 2010. So franchisees may be able to survive, based on who picks up the assets.

I always enjoyed the Fuddruckers in Saskatoon (Canada), because it was one of the only places in the region you can get your burger cooked to your desired doneness (I guess due to food safety regulations?), due to having their own licensed butcher shop on site grinding the meat. And my wife is obsessed with their own branded yellow mustard. It's honestly better than any I've had, and we don't have any way to get it other than at that location. So we stock up and buy a few bottles when we visit.
I honestly don't know how Fuddruckers survives being part of the franchise here in Canada, in only the 2 relatively medium-sized cities in Saskatchewan, but withered elsewhere in the country. I'd have to guess it was when they expanded the business out to include arcades, batting cages and mini-golf?

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know how Fuddruckers survives being part of the franchise here in Canada, in only the 2 relatively medium-sized cities in Saskatchewan, but withered elsewhere in the country. I'd have to guess it was when they expanded the business out to include arcades, batting cages and mini-golf?

Yeah, the Ruckers arcade business probably helps. And I imagine they can stand out a little more relative to the local competition in smaller cities.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
There's still a Fuddruckers in Schaumburg (or at least there was last I knew which wasn't THAT long ago) which I've been to a few times and they were awesome. I got the impression that quality control was slipping though when a new location opened up in the suburb by me about 6 or 7 years ago. I was so excited to have one close (Schaumburg is a 45 minute drive, if I was driving that far for dinner it was usually for something fancier than Fuddruckers, as good as it is. It was the kind of place I'd go sometimes if I was in the area for another reason, but that wasn't that common). I went on opening weekend and the food didn't taste right, it just wasn't very good. I figured just opening weekend kinks though and I went twice more over the next 6 months or so. Both times it was just really mediocre. Apparently I wasn't the only one to think so, because I don't think they even made it a year before closing down. Nothing has gone in that location since.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
damn, I've only eaten at Fuddruckers once, but it was delicious. always wanted to go back

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
No wonder I've been getting bogo meal coupons in my email daily since the restaurants started opening for in person dining in AZ. I'm going to eat there for sure in the next week

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
They had put in a Fuddruckers in my old home town not long before I moved. It was real tasty. Managed to find 1 on an occasional vacation trip to Gatlinburg, wonder if it's still there.

I had a trip in the last year to my Hometown, and the Fuddruckers is now some Meat and 3 Veg place. Shame.