• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's all bullshit and all but for entertainment it depends. If it's that Edwards guy, or if they're asking for money (especially to get in or for reading, especially since while it's still bullshit and all but the ethics in the real occult community, ie, psychics/tarot readers/whatever that are not just grifters but that actually truly believe in it than ethically your not supposed to charge or benefit from it.) exploiting people yeah, grifting bullshitters that need to go, the Warrens will not be missed.

But if your talking like a morning/midday/afternoon drive type radio with 2-3 hosts that think they are Gods of comedy but are really only listened to because they are the only station in the area that plays decent music, that brought in a psychic to have fun on a Friday the 13th and are just taking calls from the same crowd who calls anytime they have a guest and open phone lines (which should include screeners checking to make sure that over exploitable/imbalanced people are not getting through to avoid liability issues) than that's just entertainment for people on their way to/from work for a lark and I seriously just suggest turning the dial or not listening if that's the caliber of hosts and save your emotional response for something that's worthy of it, you can lighten up sometimes and realize entertainment is just a cigar sometimes.

But yeah if their charging money or messing with obviously messed up people, sure get angry and feel some justifiable anger or derision, but again if it's just drive hour entertainment your just letting drive hour radio losers take up space in your head for nothing.

Last edited:

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the appeal of Bigfoot. Like ghosts and shit? That's cool. But Bigfoot's just like—if real—a very elusive, North American ape. I guess maybe that's kind of interesting from a zoological perspective? But otherwise seems pretty mundane to me.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy the paranormal as a topic and a field of study. "Psychics" charging people for their BS is abusive and I very much dislike that.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Adventures is legit.

If my wife and I ever get divorced, I think her love of Ghost Adventures is probably going to be at the very top of my list of "red flags I should have noticed before we got married." That show is infuriatingly terrible and I don't understand how she has watched seemingly every episode of it. She also loves that show where the psychic and the former police detective perform parallel independent investigations and then meet up to present their findings.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
it weirds me out when those tarrot reading commercials come out on spanish american tv
whats with my culture being into that stuff?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost hunters are at least somewhat fun to watch and harmless since they're just yelling in empty houses but psychics ruin it for everyone else. Awful sociopaths preying on people's misery to make a buck.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
it weirds me out when those tarrot reading commercials come out on spanish american tv
whats with my culture being into that stuff?
I imagine it's because pretty much every ethnic group that makes up Latin America already had a strong foundation of supernatural beliefs, so a European custom of divining the future caught on pretty well while staying strong with those of European ancestry.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
It amazes me how people believe ghosts are real.

Its pretty crazy. My friends and I used to enjoy doing urban exploration. Once in a while my friends girlfriend would come and every time without fail, she'd swear she had seen a ghost while we were there.

I will say this though. When I was in my early teens I used to get sleep paralysis and hallucinate. When that first started happening and I wasn't aware of what that all was, I was pretty sure I was being haunted. Once I realized what lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis was, it made so much more sense to me why people can believe they have seen ghosts or have been abducted by aliens. For a lot of people I'm sure it's their imagination or just bullshit, but for some out there I can absolutely see why they would think something happened if they had experienced sleep paralysis.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I am not a believer of supernatural entities, but I am open to see proof. IF they exist there is a science behind them that we do not yet understand.

People close to me are very superstitious and I find it annoying but I deal with it.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Ghost stuff is fun to imagine being real, makes for some cool fiction. People being interested in paranormal stuff, thinking it might be real while maintaining a healthy scepticism and not just seeing a slightly weird thing and screaming "GHOSTS!!!", it's interesting. A lot of it delves into the history of buildings and towns, there's some neat fun to be had there. It can be a great hobby and get people out of the house and meeting people.

Then you get the fuckheads that ruin it by exploiting people's grief with their cold reading sideshow, claiming to be psychics that can talk to your relatives for you, that shit infuriates me, and those people can straight-up go fuck themselves.

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
Last week at like 3am, I found some woman doing psychic readings for $2 a pop while streaming Dead By Daylight.

Her psychic discoveries included someones favorite color being blue, one person being shy, and one man giving off "maybe kinda gay" vibes.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ones who exploit dumb/ignorant people and profit are completely vile. The ghost hunters type shit is good entertainment though imo as long as you understand that's what it is. If you actually believe in that shit though...it isn't healthy. It's like watching Fox News as a source of news. Watching to roll your eyes or be entertained is one thing, watching it and believing it is an issue.

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should ask for advice and then say "but my father is alive"
Houdini did that kind of thing all the time. He hated psychics and used his knowledge of theatrics and illusions to debunk them.

I don't get the appeal of Bigfoot. Like ghosts and shit? That's cool. But Bigfoot's just like—if real—a very elusive, North American ape. I guess maybe that's kind of interesting from a zoological perspective? But otherwise seems pretty mundane to me.
I just like apes and monkeys more than boring old dead people I guess.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I love to watch the BuzzFeed unsolved: supernatural series only because Ryan believes in ghosts and demons so much and Shane doesn't at all and Ryan constantly gets proven wrong

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I love paranormal stuff and aliens, it's like a piece of fiction set in our world. (Because it is)

But yes those crappy psychics are just horrible and exploitative and shouldn't be getting any attention.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love to watch the BuzzFeed unsolved: supernatural series only because Ryan believes in ghosts and demons so much and Shane doesn't at all and Ryan constantly gets proven wrong
Yeah I don't believe at all but that one is good entertainment. The non paranormal ones are pretty interesting.

Metalmucil

Aug 17, 2019
I lived in a haunted house, It was a bit odd. I even straight up saw it once. Scared the begeebees out of me. That being said, BS psychics are not cool.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you on psychic stuff and contacting the dead but I love and have a big fascination with other paranormal things like ghosts. Unfortunately a lot of era tends to disagree with me which kills the fun of most paranormal threads but I'll always be open to the idea of ghosts being real even if I don't necessarily believe in them at the moment.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
you can rant this much without mentioning which podcast you talking about.