• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The Yiga Clan are assholes, but that they're also a bunch of banana-hungry idiots is so very Nintendo.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
When I played the game I beat the desert section first and didn't realize the Yiga clan would be after me the rest of the time. If I ever were to replay BotW, I would definitely go after another section first to avoid that.

Last edited:

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love those banana-eating fools. The only time their annoying is when they randomly attack you when your on a task/mission in a way that annoys you. They are easy to kill, but still, they could have implemented them a smidge better.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
They are not hard to fight. I just fought off them as free bananas.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes it gets annoying, but it's mostly fine. I wish I could actually kill them though. I can kill evil monsters, but I can't kill evil humans? C'mon, Nintendo.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely hate stealth segments, but I never found this one particularly difficult. It's like two rooms.
I probably would have liked it more had I bought the damn Sheikah equipment. Instead, I just did it the hard way.

The Yiga boss was literally the only good boss fight in the entire game.
Thinking back on, yeah. That's very true. The Yiga boss really left an impression.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
wait

the Yuiga steal bananas
King K Rool's crew also steals bananas

thus

.... brb, making a weird gametheory video to get millions of views and internet dollars

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't mind them but I think it really did work better when they were a hidden NPC. At the very least, I think they could have done with more enemy attack variations as well. I think the stealth section is quite overblown as well since it's quite short and really only happens once and not directly an instant fail.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i didn't mind them up until i had to sneak through the hideout.

i hated that quest and when you have to go back and sneak out with a freaking orb for the DLC.

once the more powerful one starts appearing i just stopped bothering with them.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that bothered me about the Yiga clan is that they were underutilised. I feel like story-wise, there was a lot more that could have been done with them, as I found the concept of them pretty damn interesting tbh.

I remember when I first came across a random NPC that ended up being a Yiga clan member, wondering what the back story would be there, and eventually being quite underwhelmed. I still really enjoy their presence in the game, though.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would have used them more effectively in the overall story and general background of this game but instead I was just harassed by them.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
There's like 3 people who read the OP lol. He's not talking about the stealth section.

Nah. Some people are discussing the stealth section because they are taking a broader look at the Yiga's implementation as a whole. There are lots of instances on this forum of people not reading the OP, but this isn't one of them. Sometimes conversations can shift slightly. That is part of the conversation process.