• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Warping faces is a common thumbnail tactic, one used by some of the biggest creators on the platform. I don't see the issue in making a fictional character look silly.

PAiPp8z.jpg

2. There is no agreed upon definition of "woke" culture. If we are talking about people needing to be "woke" to the realities of discrimination in today's society, absolutely I'm in favor of that. But my interpretation of "wokeness" is being performative in your tackling of issues and focusing on non-issues like Stormtrooper Halloween costumes, and I don't think it's unreasonable to critique heavy-handed articles which think Star Wars outfits are a real threat to society.
Those are big eyes. You purposely tried to make KMT ugly. Cute attempt to deflect though.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I watched Captain Marvel and I dont remember SJW politics in that movie at all. Did I miss something? Also how the hell did Wonder woman skip all of this?
Brie Larson and Kevin Feige in the lead up to CM both specifically brought up equity for women in the industry at different levels from the directorial to the critical which was essentially the blood in the water that drew the bigots to CM in specific. Brie took the brunt of the abuse because the people in these circles love to target outspokenly progressive women in particular. This video from Jack Saint (~46 minutes) gets to the heart of the entire thing:

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. Warping faces is a common thumbnail tactic, one used by some of the biggest creators on the platform. I don't see the issue in making a fictional character look silly.

PAiPp8z.jpg

2. There is no agreed upon definition of "woke" culture. If we are talking about people needing to be "woke" to the realities of discrimination in today's society, absolutely I'm in favor of that. But my interpretation of "wokeness" is being performative in your tackling of issues and focusing on non-issues like Stormtrooper Halloween costumes, and I don't think it's unreasonable to critique heavy-handed articles which claim Star Wars outfits will turn young people onto fascism.
Starting at 9:40 in this video you mock diversity and feminism in the film. You make cracks about me too.

You openly criticize the politics of the diversity in the film. Explain.

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
As I explain, the obvious feminist moral is not the issue. The issue is that the plot itself completely undercuts that moral, as (by my interpretation) Holdo is responsible for the breakdown in communication, not Poe.

As I also state in the video, it is great that their casting results in a science-fiction universe populated by more than just white people.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I explain, the obvious feminist moral is not the issue. The issue is that the plot itself completely undercuts that moral, as (by my interpretation) Holdo is responsible for the breakdown in communication, not Poe.

As I also state in the video, it is great that their casting results in a science-fiction universe populated by more than just white people.
Why did you make a patriarchy reference and make a jab about me too and mocked the diversity in the film?

The video is a lot more blunt than your spin here.

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Because that's how I interpret Rian Johnson's attempt to add a feminist moral to the movie: it's lazy and performative. It is akin to simply labeling Poe "The Patriarchy" and expecting the audience to draw conclusions.

Similarly, the hashtags are another emblem of performative wokeness: as we've seen countless persons abuse those hashtags as a shortcut to declaring themselves allies. I am fully behind the #MeToo movement as pertains to identifying monsters like Weinstein and Cosby. I am not behind it when corporate interests who are responsible for shielding those same abusers attempt to join in on the trend, and I feel TLJ's attempt to blame Poe's mansplaining for getting thousands killed to be on par with such surface level use of the hashtags.

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
If you don't blindly follow military authority, everyone will die. That's the actual moral. Disguising that as a progressive take is absurd.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright? Want proof this loser is a sexist shithead?

Here we go.

Some general awful videos:

Ranting about woke culture, mocking diversity (LOLOLOL VEGGIE PRIDE)...and on and on and on.

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Alright, I'm going to go work on some fun new videos.

And for the last time, please stop pretending that everyone who disliked The Last Jedi is in league with the alt-right.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely hate how poorly people interpret TLJ's themes and messages. FFS....

Gotta make those clicks somehow

And you don't do that discussing things in a positive matter

Alright, I'm going to go work on some fun new videos.

And for the last time, please stop pretending that everyone who disliked The Last Jedi is in league with the alt-right.

What is this Asian mom diversion? "I'm gonna put a pause on this argument for I have better things to do"

Also you may not be alt right but you are actively catering to that market

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Alright? Want proof this loser is a sexist shithead?

Here we go.

Some general awful videos:

Ranting about woke culture, mocking diversity (LOLOLOL VEGGIE PRIDE)...and on and on and on.

Definitely watch the second one for a common sense defense of PewDiePie as someone who has made mistakes as a creator and atoned for them.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely watch the second one for a common sense defense of PewDiePie as someone who has made mistakes as a creator and atoned for them.
If you think this a forum where its acceptable to defend PDP when he made racist comments you are on the wrong site buddy.

Your gillete video where you rant that companies need to shut up about politics/social diversity is a lot of fun.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Want time stamps? I got time stamps.

"jamming political correct politics into a kids movie"

9:08 to 9:40 is a doozy.

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
If you want to be a political company, sacrifice your profits and dedicate yourself to a cause. Putting a rainbow colored burrito on your twitter page doesn't count.

VitoGesualdi

Banned
Nov 2, 2019
Because corporations aren't allowed to also care about social justice? Cool cool.

They can care, but customers should be skeptical as plenty of companies will claim to be woke while actually doing little to further any progressive causes. I don't trust that Gillette cares about men's issues, I think they just thought a controversial ad would generate headlines.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first video is a defense of PewDiePie, after he was called a white supremacist by Wil Wheaton. I disagreed with what I think is Wheaton's baseless assertion, while absolutely condemning some of PewDiePie's past behavior. Despite his missteps, categorizing him as a nazi is the same sort of lazy blanket vilification I think OP was aiming for.

t3_b2lyxj

Baseless my ass. If the idea that a guy who followed white supremacists and alt-right figures and has repeatedly done racist shit is a white supremacist himself is absurd to you, Wheaton isn't the idiot.

To be clear, no one who has ever done / said something racist in the past is allowed forgiveness on ResetEra?

They have to prove they actually care. PewDiePie donated a tiny portion of his money to charity while framing the reports of his bigotry as media misrepresentation and lies (they were neither), which proves that he doesn't really give a shit and isn't trying to do better.

You mean the video where I demand they make huge donations if they truly care, rather than simply generating performative marketing which claims that they do.

It's weird how you're not applying the same standard to the one who's an actual racist.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is like the period of time in 1979 when the local town authorities in the UK banned the showing of Monty Python's The Life of Brian.

So entertain me, what is so acceptable about ranting about feminism and "forced politically correct politics" in movies and why companies shouldn't be allowed to take social justice stands?

Monty Python never complained about feminism or women empowerment like this guy here does. Python were socially progressive.

Also Monty Python didn't go around preaching support for white dudes saying the n-word either. So, please.

Dec 12, 2017
Racist and sexist shitheads like Vito over here makes me appreciate our disagreements ryutaro's mama as I am spoiled to be able to debate with sane good dudes like you normally instead.
Yeah. I'll just leave my comments from another thread right here as i think it might be relevant:

And well moderated places like Era are a facade in many ways.

I think a decent amount of people act good here because there is the spectre of a potential ban...but i guarantee if there was some scenario where people could, say post whatever they wanted here without penalty for 12 hours (ala The Purge) methinks you would be stunned over the vile shit that would come outta some peeps' keyboards.

The internet did that.

Prattle

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Defending Bigoted Content Over Multiple Posts; Prior Severe Ban for Dismissing Allegations of Sexual Abuse
So entertain me, what is so acceptable about ranting about feminism and "forced politically correct politics" in movies and why companies shouldn't be allowed to take social justice stands?

You're missing all of the points that are being made. The videos are satire not Mein Kamph.

As far as I can see he hasn't said the companies shouldn't make a stand for social justice, he's saying they should put their money where their mouth is.