• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 'A' doesn't stand for ally. We're here and we're valid.

d0f4b983514a09b201558617d02ead656fbf5a63.gif

115c446a613c602245a5559ce326818aa3f18fff.gif

cc22ec76deef910175a7a1c990b94609d843ccef.gif

tumblr_pbz0ldIHxr1xuu6ppo1_500.png

tumblr_ph0ya2cd6L1rxdhgm_540.jpg

tumblr_oyer35Hntp1vy8gk5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_pkqcakztfV1wvueen_400.jpg

tumblr_omqh9mSzDl1v41122o1_1280.gif

And trans rights are human rights. Never fucking forget it.

tumblr_pshnq2J18I1vknkq3o2_540.png

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
My ex was kind of out-of-nowhere acephobic and super dismissive/condescending about it, so let me say that is a crock of BS, aces are valid, and to have a wonderful day, night, or whatever your time zone says it is!

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why are people acephobic?
What's the threat? The reason for hatred?

Bigotry is hard to understand sometimes.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...And just like that, the thread is unlocked!

Mod statement soon? Or am I setting myself up for disappointment and this is more brushing under the rug

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people acephobic?
What's the threat? The reason for hatred?

Bigotry is hard to understand sometimes.
Atleast in the US and this is from my very little understanding but since the culture in the US is focused on sex, like how if you're a virgin you're seen a loser or it's like a rite of passage, Ace people deviate from that and are harassed based on the idea them not wanting sex means that there is something wrong with them.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Atleast in the US and this is from my very little understanding but since the culture in the US is focused on sex, like how if you're a virgin you're seen a loser or it's like a rite of passage, Ace people deviate from that and are harassed based on the idea them not wanting sex means that there is something wrong with them.

That sounds incredibly ignorant and immature.

If what took place is true, that's incredibly disheartening

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I didn't actually realize that was a thing. Why would people be fearful of or hate a concept as inoffensive as asexuality?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title should be. Fuck "anypersonwhojudgesorhatesanyotherpersonforanybeliefracereligionexualorientationornosexatallectphobes"

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I am familiar with asexuality but not too knowledgeable on it. Doesn't matter though. I support them 100%

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cant imagine the kind of person you have to be to deny someone their existence like this, to the point where you feel its threatening your history as another lgtbqa+ member.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Why would people be acephobic? Like, just respect other people and mind your business.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) Trolling in a sensitive thread
These are people who dislike Ace of Base, right? If so I agree, fuck them.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine what asexual people go through especially here in the South with marriage, sex, and children and whatnot. Even see some judgment from supposed 'allies'. Fuck that.

LGBTQIA+ is about solidarity and I fully support asexual people. Be proud of y'all selves and I hope we get to a point where people can just accept that people can be whatever without judgment from assholes.

Edit: Just want to add that asexual folks are getting some cool representation nowadays to end on something positive! Bojack Horseman has Todd and recently Parvati from The Outer Worlds. Really was awesome to see their perspectives as a straight dude.

Oct 31, 2017

Wait this confused me. I'm gay and I get, y'know, excited quite frequently. But I have NEVER been interested in sex whatsoever. From what you wrote it sounds like I qualify as asexual but I don't think so? I thought asexuals are people who don't experience sexual attraction?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TIL what acephobia is, I briefly thought this was an Akainu hate thread.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Having so many folx here not even know what an aceophobe is is really disheartening. Era as a whole always says it's so progressive and is an ally but it seems like they turn a blind eye to anything outside the norm. Disgusting and not much better than the old place tbh.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait this confused me. I'm gay and I get, y'know, excited quite frequently. But I have NEVER been interested in sex whatsoever. From what you wrote it sounds like I qualify as asexual but I don't think so? I thought asexuals are people who don't experience sexual attraction?

There is nuance to your own feelings that I'm not sure I have enough info to quantify whether or not you'd be asexual. I'm not asexual myself but I have friends who are. So I have some knowledge of this topic. Your questions are not dumb, it's just something to think about and I hope you're able to get answers from someone more knowledgeable than I am.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
Fuck acephobes. Fuck transphobes. Fuck any and all LGBTQIA+phobes. Fuck bigotry. There's no place for that shit

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there are at least two axis of attraction: sexual attraction and romantic attraction.
If you regard yourself gay but also asexual, you are probably homoromantic asexual.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I know title shouldn't be taken literally but fuck acephobes sounds very ironic.

But yeah, people hating on other for being ace is puzzling. Do they see other people ony as baby factory or something?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017

Not dumb questions; don't worry about it. There's a variety. Not all aces completely abstain from sexual gratification (gray-aces/demis), some merely have so few legitimate cases of sexual attraction in their lives that they are for all intents and purposes asexual.