• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I'm glad they never really have it develop into a love triangle with Yuki and Kyo fighting over her.

I think it depends how much into the Class President stuff they get this season. Once that kicks in they really drop even the hint of Yuki and Tohru being together.
I live for the day we get Yuki X Machi interaction

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Since it wasn't posted here

English dub is delayed indefinitely. I figured they had it all dubbed well ahead of time, since the preview episodes were dubbed, but I guess it was just those.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Seems they're introducing Kureno a lot earlier than they did in the manga.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Oh no oh no oh no....

I'm not liking where this is going....
giphy.gif

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I really need to catch up. I was a big fan of the manga and original anime. How is this one holding up?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today's episode was the one I've been waiting on ever since they confirmed they'd be adapting the entire manga.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I figured this revelation would be near the end of this season. It's right up there with the revelation of Kyo's true form from last season. This is pretty much the halfway mark in the manga, so if they keep adapting it faithfully, we should have two seasons left.

With two more episodes left this season, I wonder if we're going to see the start of the new school year, and see someone's glow up.

Last edited:

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, I figured this revelation would be near the end of this season. It's right up there with the revelation of Kyo's true form from last season. This is pretty much the halfway mark in the manga, so if they keep adapting it faithfully, we should have two seasons left.

With two more episodes left this season, I wonder if we're going to see the start of the new school year, and see someone's glow up.
Is there not 25 episodes this season?

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Just caught up.

I remember hearing about that revelation many years ago from an article on some site that I can't remember, talking about what a big moment they felt it was. It actually piqued my interest because it seemed like a surprisingly dark moment in what appears to be a light and fluffy series. As a result, I got the first volume of the manga, but was immediately turned off by the aforementioned tone and art.

Now many years later, I'm glad I gave the series a second chance with this new anime. Yes, it's light and fluffy, but also has good characters and genuinely funny moments. So it was cool to finally see that moment in context, even if I knew it was coming eventually and wasn't shocking.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Woah. Is there some diagram like those Araki jojo evolutions that compares her art over the course of FB's release?

Early art
images

Mid series art (also known as "giraffe-neck" art)
images

Haven't yet reached late series art so I don't want to show spoilers 😉

20 years later, this is how Takaya now draws her art
images

Last edited:

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Kureno got added to the opening (well, more prominently added).

EmGzCKY.png

Not usually one to over analyze an opening sequence, but I think it's really slick how everyone else's animal form is shown as a reflection during the opening, except for his.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

Second cour trailer for season 2!

Big spoilers, btw

Last edited:

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they put out any kind of schedule for the dub release? Thought it was off because of covid but then came back and disappeared again.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
A trailer mid-season?

Is there going to be a pause in releases for a bit, or is it continuing as normal every week?

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
idk this season really hasn't grabbed me as much as watching the first one did

Not sure if it's cos I'm watching it weekly now instead of binging, or due to a more prominent emphasis on the mystery side of things

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
That new ED song is great, as are all the new character art. Wonder if it's Natsuki's artwork.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I'm not sure about this Kureno/Uotani dynamic. How old is he? It comes across super creepy. Fucking Japan.