• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Frozen 2?

• I loved it!

Votes: 181 30.7%
  • I liked it

Votes: 176 29.8%
  • I thought it was okay

Votes: 170 28.8%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 45 7.6%
  • I hated it

Votes: 18 3.1%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2017
Australia

Honestly, Frozen II deserves all of its success for "Show Yourself" alone. It truly is a massive watershed moment for Disney Animation and one of the best movie sequences of the entire decade...

b0X9WAc.jpg

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
I finally watched it yesterday and have mixed feelings. First of all: is this the best OLED showcase in existence or what? WOW I loved the Scenes with the dark background. Other than that the visuals are almost TOO realistic. It doesn't look 'cartoonish' enough for me. Does anyone feel this way too?
The Songs were hit and miss, all in all weaker than the fist Movie, but Show Yourself exists, so... I'm not disappointed. and that's more than I could hope for, after the Disney Film of this Generation, like the Lion King was the Disney Film of my Generation.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Saw it for the first time on Blu-Ray two days ago. I enjoyed it at the time but wasn't quite sure how I felt about it overall.

Two days later - with the songs and story and characters lingering in my mind, I definitely think it has grown tremendously on me and I'd rank it now as one of my favorite Disney films of all time. It's not perfect, but it's so emotionally mature and satisfying that I'm amazed. I watched "Show Yourself" for a third time and that third time was the one that did me in and gave me legit goosebumps.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Watched it a few nights ago and I really liked the movie. There are parts that were just drawn out and some emotional beats that were just ignored, but overall it's really sweet and heartwarming and I got really emotional during that scene.

I've been listening Into the Unknown a lot and
it was such a sweet touch how the 'siren call' changed from that supernatural/fairy sound to her mother's call as a kid once Elsa decided she does want to go into the unknown ;___;

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fun film. Not only was she the Avatar the Last Icebedner but also The Fifth Element.

Not really sure what the message was. Seemed more direct to video plot-wise.

And the Grandfather just seemed unusally stupidly evil. Lets jsut murder the magic king now oh well about my dam plan....

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it on D+ just now. Loved it. Some parts of it are straight anime. lol

I love how Anna and Elsa really feel equal in their importance. It's hard to balance two main characters like that sometimes without one feeling cheaped out. But they've managed to navigate both films with both of them feeling like they occupy their own important space in the narrative.

TheDutchSlayer

Oct 26, 2017
Watched it on D+ just now. Loved it. Some parts of it are straight anime. lol

I love how Anna and Elsa really feel equal in their importance. It's hard to balance two main characters like that sometimes without one feeling cheaped out. But they've managed to navigate both films with both of them feeling like they occupy their own important space in the narrative.
YxgQRCn_d.jpg

Awesome! now you understand this joke btw :D

TheDutchSlayer

Oct 26, 2017
So pre-orders for blu-ray are up in the US but lots of retailer exclusives sadly they are all over the place :(

For a lot of international users you can get all kinds of CE version of the blu-rays here:

CE

Steelbook 4K:
Following recent emails sent to you. Disney's Frozen 2 - Zavvi Exclusive Collector's Edition Steelbook 3D Steelbook (Includes 2D Blu-ray) is on special order for you with our supplier, we expect your order to be dispatched on or before week commencing 08/06/2020.
Almost ! :D

Antoo

May 1, 2019
The Into the Unknown documentary that dropped on Disney+ is quite excellent. Gives you a much deeper appreciation on the care that went into the film!

TheDutchSlayer

Oct 26, 2017
The Into the Unknown documentary that dropped on Disney+ is quite excellent. Gives you a much deeper appreciation on the care that went into the film!
Before this comment I did not know they made that, was not really keeping up with what goes up on D+
So I watched it today.

6 episodes I cried at least once in each one and some parts I cried more then once.
It was fantastic
Seriously insane work that gone in that last 5 months of production was unreal.
And we only saw the save for the big D to put out version it most have been 10000000x harder then we got to see in 35 min chunks.
Oh wow, that packaging is gorgeous. Enjoy!
Thank you as always! <3

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Been watching it again today. Still one of my favorite movies, idc what anyone says.

Nov 23, 2017
I liked the first one but enjoyed this one more. Better overall list of songs and I felt like the story was more interesting and executed well. I'm not sure if they should make a Frozen III though. I mean, they could but they don't need to.