• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Mutants NEEDS to be dropped online
On one hand, the movie won't be doing great numbers at the BO at any year...
On the other, the movie won't bring new subscribers so even less revenue... but maybe fewer expenses?

Ultimately, I think they have to release it theatrically to fulfill some contracts lol

taro

Oct 25, 2017
This will be some extremely welcoming news for my kid in the morning and only a day to wait after. Just means even more Frozen 2 singing throughout the house.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? Pretty awesome. Maybe I'll have to keep my a sub a bit longer while my kid wears this out.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
I think the real surprise here is that they were going to wait till July to add it to Disney+

I know Disney is still stuck in the 90s but they need to start thinking of Disney+ as their primary home entertainment platform.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think the real surprise here is that they were going to wait till July to add it to Disney+

I know Disney is still stuck in the 90s but they need to start thinking of Disney+ as their primary home entertainment platform.
They need to sell Blu-Rays as well though. I'm not sure we'll see day and date releases on Disney+ anytime soon.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Overall, thought this was weaker than the first. "Show Yourself" is best song tho out of either movie.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
My niece will be happy to hear this lol.

In regard to the movie though, talk about an anemic story. 6 years and that's all the writers could come up with? Anna working through her obvious abandonment/separation issues would've added a more interesting character development for her.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, I was going to rent this for my kids this weekend, and now I can be cheap and not do that!

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice, I haven't seen it yet. That'll probably be how I spend tomorrow evening.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed it but I didn't think any of the songs were on the same level as first one - and I was also surprised at how straightforward the story was as a direct continuation of the same themes of sisterhood and owning of strength as the first. The "twist " that
the statue girl was SHOCK! their mom was a Clark Kent is Superman level of "surprise."

on the other hand I liked that they honored the characters from the original.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London

No they don't. Disney see Disney+ as the replacement for the first television pay window. They 100% will not be giving up on the home entertainment window. It's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
No they don't. Disney see Disney+ as the replacement for the first television pay window. They 100% will not be giving up on the home entertainment window. It's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
And streaming entertainment is worth billions, but only if you have the content.

Disney+ won't be challenging Netflix any time soon if they keep holding back.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
And streaming entertainment is worth billions, but only if you have the content.

Disney+ won't be challenging Netflix any time soon if they keep holding back.

Disney doesn't care if they "challenge" Netflix or not, they care if they make money.

Netflix doesn't get films in before the first pay window from anyone else either, and they won't any time in the foreseeable future.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Getting the occasional buffering, never had that on Disney+, word must be getting around and they are getting hammered.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang. I'm kind of disappointed since that was supposed to be a major selling point for D+. You can get stuff like deleted scenes like you would with physical content.

They usually have them for new releases. I'd guess they didn't have time to put them up or they'll put them up around the time the movie was supposed to have hit D+ originally.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just finished. Movie was kinda meh? Best part for me of the first film was the music and now I cant really recall a single song from it. Also that Christoph music video was weird. But the animation may be the best I've ever seen and it had funny bits, so there's that.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
They usually have them for new releases. I'd guess they didn't have time to put them up or they'll put them up around the time the movie was supposed to have hit D+ originally.

I thought about it after I made my post, but I'm wondering if it wasn't a time thing, but rather trying to incentivize physical releases still. I know this was originally planned to be on the service in June/July.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished. Movie was kinda meh? Best part for me of the first film was the music and now I cant really recall a single song from it. Also that Christoph music video was weird. But the animation may be the best I've ever seen and it had funny bits, so there's that.
Yeah I feel the same. The music isn't memorable at all :[

Meh/10 i